interesting stories from rally III

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If you have any interesting stories from Rally III post here. I will start the first one.

yes it is about me getting a ticket:wink

so on the Saturday road cruise after the first stop(not sure the name of the location) we get going and Im low on gas and a minute in to the run we spot a gas station with a few gt's so I pull in and we fill up, while the group goes on ahead. I had the pleasure of being with our own chris Moody and neither one of us had bothered to bring the road map:eek we get going and we are tying to catch up to the group with a heritage and a vette in front of us, I pass the heritage and vette and realize there is no one in front of us and we dont have a map. to add to my concern we see the two cars behind us turn off onto another road. so we turn around and follow them. we must have followed for 20 minutes at pretty good rate of speed(disclaimer for our beloved moderator, we did not break the law of man or nature:biggrin, well the law of nature anyway) so after about 20 minutes of following and not seeing the other gt's we were getting a bit nervous at which point my electronic law detector started singing at high pitch. I slowed down the heritage did not so he got pulled over. I did not know where we are going so I pulled over to the side of the road waiting for our heritage friend to complete his transaction so we may be able to follow him again.

well five minutes go by before another park ranger pulls up behind us and walks over, in a very polite manner greets us and proceed to ask me "do you know Why I pulled you over" Am I missing something I replied "no officer Im not being pulled over Im just waiting for my fried behind us to finish so we can follow him back home" then he replies "Well Im pulling you over now" this was a bit amusing to me as I have never been pulled over in this manner. I asked what for and he asked me "were you driving when you left the gas station" and I replied yes then he tells me Im going to give you a ticket for spinning your wheels coming out of the gas station 30 minutes ago:eek:willy:bs

To make thing worst as we are waiting what do we see? the whole gt group coming from behind, yes we were in front the whole time trying to catch up:lol:lol:lol the turn was a short cut and we had no idea.

so the moral of the story is dont forget your map:biggrin:cheers

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Soroush:

That story is worth about $75.

Great time :)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Soroush, that's damned funny. You're so far behind that you were ahead!! On another note, did he get your plate when you left the gas station? What are the odds he mistook "Your" GT for some "Other" GT. Positive Identification, I'm sure it's at issue my friend. It's not like you were the only GT around, for a change. :thumbsup :lol OTOH, it's probably not worth going all the way back to Vegas to fight it..... :frown

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Soroush,

The gas station attendant came over to me after you took off and said "don't do what your buddy just did... pull outa here spinnin your tires" I told him I don't do that sorta thing, besides that would be a waste of rubber!! :wink

Sorry I couldn't have called you to give a heads up, might not have made a difference anyway though.

Someone suggested a good radio relay set up at next years rally. I have a decent connection at PCI race radios http://www.pciraceradios.com/ I'm sure a group buy discount would easy to get.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
SOROUSH
here is the incar video of you not breaking the laws of man.:eek

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=216_1221294910

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
SOROUSH

Fantastic!!! :lol

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Funny story. For the sake of story telling on the forum we do not actually admit the speed we were allegedly going? (unless on a race track)! I did not want Bony to get mad at me.

I got pulled over on the way home for "slightly" going over the limit. The CHP said he could not ticket his "Fantasy car", so that was a nice way to end my Rally weekend. :biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Soroush,
You can beat that ticket !! Appeal it !!
The down side is you will have to go back to Nevada to Appear at the hearing !!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
ticket

In fact Moody and I will meet you there for a drink afterwards !!!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Great story soroush!! :thumbsup Never heard of getting a ticket like that. If our GT's were the same color I would try and fight the ticket for you when I am in Vegas this weekend. :lol

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'm pretty sure my video camera was running when I passed you guys, but in the interest of good taste, I won't post it.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Cowboys and GTs

I hope I have the participants names correctly in this story as I am old and senile. Tucson Bob and I were cruising into Vegas with a few other GTs in pursuit along with the gentlemen from Denmark in their black GT350 convertible. Tucson Bob is leading, I am in second spot running about the speed limit as we are looking for the hotel exit. I look in my rearview mirror and see a 4dr pu occupied by a cowbow or two immediately passing me on the right. He frigs me and HARD forces his truck towards me making me swerve left. Again, we had not passed him or anything, this it out of the blue. He then trys to keep me from passing him and swerves his truck right as to try and run Tuscon Bob over. A lunatic! All in a brief few seconds right before our final exit. There was a leo in front of Tucson Bob, but he was oblivious. I think the Denmark guys may have caught it on tape. Film at 11:00.

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Not cool! :thumbsdow I recall seeing a hick in an old pickup try to slam on the brakes in front of an exotic to try & get them to hit the car...and when the exotic tried to pass, to swerve over making the guy almost drive off the road. I think he was hoping for an accident & a reason to sue & try to collect big on the exotic owner. Sorry that happened, but I'm glad no accidents occurred.

On a different note, it was great to finally meet you and your lovely daughter in Scottsdale! :cheers

MJ

I hope I have the participants names correctly in this story as I am old and senile. Tuscon Bob and I were cruising into Vegas with a few other GTs in pursuit along with the gentlemen from Denmark in their black GT350 convertible. Tuscon Bob is leading, I am in second spot running about the speed limit as we are looking for the hotel exit. I look in my rearview mirror and see a 4dr pu occupied by a cowbow or two immediately passing me on the right. He frigs me and HARD forces his truck towards me making me swerve left. Again, we had not passed him or anything, this it out of the blue. He then trys to keep me from passing him and swerves his truck right as to try and run Tuscon Bob over. A lunatic! All in a brief few seconds right before our final exit. There was a leo in front of Tuscon Bob, but he was oblivious. I think the Denmark guys may have caught it on tape. Film at 11:00.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
I hope I have the participants names correctly in this story as I am old and senile. Tuscon Bob and I were cruising into Vegas with a few other GTs in pursuit along with the gentlemen from Denmark in their black GT350 convertible. Tuscon Bob is leading, I am in second spot running about the speed limit as we are looking for the hotel exit. I look in my rearview mirror and see a 4dr pu occupied by a cowbow or two immediately passing me on the right. He frigs me and HARD forces his truck towards me making me swerve left. Again, we had not passed him or anything, this it out of the blue. He then trys to keep me from passing him and swerves his truck right as to try and run Tuscon Bob over. A lunatic! All in a brief few seconds right before our final exit. There was a leo in front of Tuscon Bob, but he was oblivious. I think the Denmark guys may have caught it on tape. Film at 11:00.

Is that how Texas Chainsaw Massacre starts?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
In fact Moody and I will meet you there for a drink afterwards !!!

I'm in. We'll make it a "Soroush Beats His Ticket" party. :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

Hey, I run in to that pick-up guy once a month while I am up there. I think he may just cruise up and down that freeway trying to annoy people for kicks. :lol

Take it as a compliment. In the old days people who were successful and had nice things were admired.....now successful people create jealousy and hatred. You must be doing something right in life if people want to run you off the road. And that ladies and gentlemen is the twisted world we live in. :frown

Great stories guys...keep them coming. :thumbsup Hope you Texas guys are able to get out soon and all is well when you get home. :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
well hell if everyone is going to meet back in vegas then its on baby. Im fighting this ticket all the way. I just need the support of my forum buddies. it will be the best 5000 buck ill spend to get out of a 75 dollar ticket:biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
SOROUSH

I only wish that was me:biggrin wow:eek
awsome video, I mean what the hell does that guy think he is doing:biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I only wish that was me:biggrin wow:eek
awsome video, I mean what the hell does that guy think he is doing:biggrin

It is so fast you need to replay it after you center it on the screen.
When I was in Germany and we were building the new plant my partner said in his broken english. Tom I have for you sedan for you to drive on business at the shop.

I did not know anything about German cars and it was a Audi A8. I told him to drive to the first visit. And I needed a new shirt from the nerves sweat. They drive 250 to 300kph in the left lane while a stream of slow traffic is in the right lane. (the A8 stayed at 275kph most of the way)

Sorry for the byline hijack

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Same guy pulled me over 15 minutes later and gave me a warning (thanks V1) for going 62 in a 45....now I know why....compared to Soroush, I was crawling!

Great story, bro. Your car is here, safe and sound...waiting for you to return.

The 2 stripeless GT's look so happy together...it's gonna be a shame to split them up! :wink