Input Wanted from GT Owners

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Gierkink said:
doc

Just one minor clarification. I would say "some" not "many" prefer the stock wheels. I think the vast majority of cars have the optional wheels so they are clearly preferred by most buyers.

I currently live in London but will be moving back to Boston this summer and bringing my GT back with me.

By the way you should buy the GT. It's an awsome car. If you spend some time on this forum you'll be amazed at to how many owners really love their cars.

Cheers,

Rob

According to the factory over 95% select the optional wheels

Dave

Viper 1

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I am also a Viper owner and can tell you to get the GT if you can work out a deal. I have had my GT for only four days and love it. It is a completly different experience. Much more refined not to mention faster etc.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I traded my '06 Viper Coupe for my GT and have no regrets.
I will consider buying the next gen Viper (due out as an '08) but will be keeping the GT regardless.

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
04 - 06 Viper owners that have driven the GT just rave about it and the speed it builds above 120 mph. Where the Viper begins to wheeze the GT just keeps going.
The other thing you will find different is that the GT torque band is so flat and the HP so linear that it provides effortless power on hand in any rpm right up to red line. So much so that it’s a bit deceiving when driving the GT until you look at the speedometer or your lap times at a track. However the torque and power of the GT also make it a pleasure to drive on public roads.
The GT is also more comfortable, quiet, easier to shift and therefore a bit easier to drive than the Viper. Handling, brakes, overall power to weight - most will say the GT is a bit better, others may choose to disagree.
The level of interest about the GT is just way over the top. If you own a Viper, Corvette, Ferrari, etc you’ve already experienced this and know what I’m talking about. I don’t think any other in the US gathers this much interest. Stop for gas, a cold drink, etc and people just gather instantly around the car.
Overall I doubt you will find many people preferring the Viper over the GT.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I appreciate the input. At present the Viper->GT trade has stumbled, and I may have to market the Viper independently rather than seek a reasonable trade allowance (car has 550 miles on it). I have received some good pricing on GTs in a range of colors, all except one is fully optioned, and many dealers are aware of the discontent about the subwoofer.

Sportscar Revolution (SpikeTV?) had a brief vignette (many of you have likely seen) in which they take an easily installed $5k aftermarket kit, add 120rwhp and reduce e.t. from 12.8 to ~11.7.

What I was asking about the Viper->GT trade had more to do with streetability. The Viper tracks the roadway and the runflats are firm and do not contribute to a sense of reasonable control of all that torque. I gather that the GT, by comparison, is more predictable and civilized.

UPDATE: It is a done deal. I now own the GT (Midnight Blue). Delivery was delayed until tomorrow. The dealer was amazed that a Viper enclosed trailer was too narrow for a GT. :biggrin

Last edited: