In defense of the sub!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GTx said:
Anything that generates this much controversy and passion will always make it unique. I haven’t seen any posts about the row of toggle switches on the dash or the backlit a/c control, just the continued passion both for and against the sub. :eek

Sure wish Ford would have used SMITH guages like the GT40's instead of MotorMeters which cost Ford $5-$10 a guage....

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
bony said:
Sure wish Ford would have used SMITH guages like the GT40's instead of MotorMeters which cost Ford $5-$10 a guage....
I sure wish ford would've made only one GT and that it was mine... wait, I mean 3. A white w/blue all optioned(mine) a heritage all optioned(would be mine) and a 3rd...I don't care because I would sell it and retire :rofl

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Personally, if the sub had half decent output, I would not mind it much. It completely craps out when turned up.

My sub also gets in the way. The way I have to position the seat makes the top right part of the seat rub against the sub and make this annoying squeak.

The sound of the stock sub absolutely blows. I will be changing something in my setup, but will be making it completely reversible so it can go back to stock. I dont have any plans on selling the car in the future, but you never know.

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Some interesting comments. Most of what I've read on the forum about the sub has been negative.

So this thread is timely, because I, at one point, was going to throw in my comment about how much I liked the sub, but figured if I did, I would be thrashed as a tasteless idiot.

But the fact is, I like it. The car's different in many ways, and the sub, in my opinion, fits that chrisma.

It's my favorite car in many ways.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
One more time; Love that sub; and the sound that comes out of it too.

I wish we got 2 Subs like on the original Vipers.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sub or not to sub...

Guys,

Paris Hilton's CD sounds just great with the Macintosh sub system we have ! :biggrin

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Maybe we need a ..."Love Sub-Club". Not for those who have the Sub....but just for those who have it and Love it!!