I have become a GT-Menace to myself and others....

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Rick:

It is "completion compulsive"; the intolerance of anything that has not been completed. It is part of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I do not know if any car would meet all of my car needs. I likely need four cars, and the GT is one of them. I would also like the forthcoming Corvette SS, a Camaro (or ?) convertible (seating for four) and a Honda Civic (with a 572 Chevy crate motor).

- doc

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Nomis,

Just saw this thread! Recognizing the “English” accent on your choice black might be it. But, lo, how plain and understated? Who would ever know what it is? What is was? Why? The history? My personal choice was the Heritage. I must say, the friends and conversations I’ve made and had regarding the car have been heart-warming. Not sure the same would be true of a muted color. But, remember we live here in the US of A! Nothing like “The Motherland…” (where I spent the late ‘60’s and early ‘70’s – much to my benefit!)

It is a tough choice – but you will serve you countrymen well by going with the Heritage and having to explain your choice at every opportunity. People LOVE this car. We’ve just come back from a 1,000 mile three day week-end trip where I met so many nice folks who just wanted to talk about the car. I’m sure this would not have happened in one of the subdued colors.

Gordo :wink

PS: Even bought some original Gulf patches at an antique store! And, a Gulf “No Nox” pump sign! 8 to 80 they all love the Gulf GT!! Photos to follow…

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Guys, I really appreciate and respect all your opinions.

This post was a fairly tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek because colour is so subjective and also I'm sure most, if not all of you, agonised over what was the best option for your GT (so you could sympathise with the sleepless sentiment of my post) :willy

For my part, I'm heading over to the dealer to view the Heritage car again later this afternoon.

I do think the Heritage is a great option but as I said, I don't want to have to 'worry' whether the car is suitable for the destination (and with Heritage, I feel there may be certain times you opt not to drive it because of where you're going). For instance, I can't image taking my wife out for a dinner in the Heritage car or dropping my daughter off at school...

...these are thoughts I need to resolve! :thumbsup

As for eShrink and the OCD aspect of this... don't tell me we don't all have some mild OCD traits! I'm happy to admit that I have to have my CDs in alphabetical order and probably have some other mild 'order' issues in my daily routines :eek :biggrin

(we can start a thread on that... it would be a good laugh! :willy )

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
flyingsniffer said:
Nomis, if you want to look at a physical black car before you choose, mine's a black with stripes, feel free to pop up.

Thanks for the offer! :thumbsup

Will let you know what happens after today :cheers

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
Good luck! I've had my beasty out over the last few days and trust me, you'll get lots of attention whatever colour you choose.

I nearly took a picture myself the other day: three blokes in a petrol (gas) station, all taking pics on their mobile phones. Standing in a line, they looked very funny.

And the car now needs a good wash! Bugs don't half make a mess when they hit the car at 150mph :ack

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Have made a decision... and now the search begins to find 'the' car! :cheers

Thanks for all the assistance

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well, what color did you decide to go with?
Inquiring minds want to know!!
Your going to LOVE THIS MACHINE regardless of the color.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
Spirit said:
Well, what color did you decide to go with?
Inquiring minds want to know!!
Your going to LOVE THIS MACHINE regardless of the color.

I wasn't tryng to be vague.. I'm just worried about tempting fate, now that the dealer has to locate the right colour/options combination :biggrin

I have decided that Midnight is the right choice! In an ideal world, with white stripes, light wheels and red calipers.

I'm willing to forgoe the calipers but the wheels and stripes are a must.

:thumbsup

...I understand that Midnight cars are the fastest?!? :rofl

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Choice!!
Hope you find the machine as you wish it to be.
As for the fastest, I heard that those in that funny looking cartoon color are faster than all others. But how should I know, that is just what I have heard for those who own them.

nomis

Jun 14, 2006
Home Counties, England
He's far better looking, much more charming and is far more stylish in his attire!

:wink

And yes, I did factor the negative JC-variable before choosing Midnight :ack

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
nomis said:
He's far better looking, much more charming and is far more stylish in his attire!

:wink

And yes, I did factor the negative JC-variable before choosing Midnight :ack

Maybe you can buy his car :biggrin