I am driving my FORD GT to Cabo San lucas Baja California Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
I wonder how many Ford GT`s in Mexico

More Photos of the roads that I will be driving in....

Attachments

• cabo1.jpg
    cabo1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Highway-1-near-San-Fernando.jpg
    Highway-1-near-San-Fernando.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 337

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
I've done this trip several times. But not in the GT.

Watch out for the speed bumps - some of them are unmarked and the set in San Ignacio (just before Santa Rosalia) are truly vicious it's like someone placed a low wall in the road. Even when you know it's there it still creeps up on you.

My biggest problems were cattle on the road at night and flooding - if it rains you may have some problems with water run off - it can get pretty deep.

But apart from that the people are really very friendly and I have never felt threatened.

Awesome roads with some great twisties - should be a fun trip.

I've driven extensively south of the border - including a round trip from El Salvador with a vehicle full of equipment (surf boards on the roof etc) I had no problems and nothing got stolen. I had a great time and the people were very nice. I had several mechanical problems and it's pretty amazing what can be achieved with limited mechanical resources.

Mexico is a great country and a road trip it is a really great way of seeing it and meeting the people.

Carl.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Those roads still look better than the roads in Michigan.

It's better than the Dan Ryans in Chicago still! :rofl

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There once was a man with a GT

Who thought with the head of his pee-pee,

"To Mexico I will go,

Screw a damn Bandito!"

But I hope that my friends will come free me!!​
[/CENTER

(with apologies to Longfellow):party​

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Uuuuuuuuuuuh Gutless Pockets

YOU are tooooooo funny. :lol

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Enjoy The Ride

I for one, applaud CIMAXGT for taking this soon to be adventure.

I am sure it will be an absolute BLAST.

Wish I too could be going along.

Will be looking forward to your recount and pictures of the trip.

Live Life To The Max.

Enjoy The Ride.

:cheers

Attachments

• tgthnewleft.jpg
    tgthnewleft.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 284
  • hunter-s-thompson.JPG
    hunter-s-thompson.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 280

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Not a good idea, from one with experience and the jail time in glorious Iguala,
Mexico to prove it....left my car down there 25 years ago, after a daylight accident when I made the proper choice to leave the road rather than to hit two young boys on bikes who just happened to swerve directly across the road at the penultimate moment of my approach in a new Datsun 260 Z---rolled it twice---loved that car. Oh well.

Spent three days in the rottenest, sorriest excuse for a jail for the crime of "damaging the road." Stole into the chief of police's office when he was out fighting crime and made a call to the US on his nickel to get help. After a small mordida, and night flight to the US on a private plane, it was over, except, of course, for the insurance.

The Mexican insurance purchased in El Paso refused to pay. Collected after litigation in the US, a real pain in the a--. The best part? Coasting down from Mexico City for 10 miles toward Acapulco at 70 mph with the car in neutral due to the elevation drop.

It was well known that NO ONE drove at night---the livestock will kill you. Iguanas everywhere too--the GT splitter will be off within the first 100 miles.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those roads still look better than the roads in Michigan.

Very true. It's probably safer than Detroit too.

Just kidding Dave.

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
Is any one is interested in being my co-pilot.....

The round trip can be made in 32 hrs> Depart end of December weekday would be fine....Adventure of a lifetime..

more photos

Attachments

• bahiade.jpg
    bahiade.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 249

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Co-pilot? I think you should hire a few guys from Blackwater to keep your trip on schedule!

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
Ok, I will go by myself.

I will post the photos when I come back from my trip..This is my last post until then.... I really enjoy all the positive feedback from every one....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The views look fantastic! Some of the roads look great, other parts look very bad. I wish you a good trip. You will enjoy something that I will never do in my lifetime.

I am with Pockets on this one and leave my GT in the garage. You can call us birds of a feather that flock together. Chicken birds that is!

:cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Good Luck!

Cimax GT - Good luck to you! What a road trip. I'll buy you a drink or 2 at Rally III. Don't drink the water!

Ed

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
I found some one who will fly my plane and

film my baja travel.. One pilot two cameras will be installed on the plane.. Piper aztec n40599 twin engine. Piper aztec 160 knts will have enough speed and altitude to catch me and film me driving winding desert roads. I will know make it a 4 day trip driving only during the day to capture images..

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So you've got air support too. You'll be fine, no one's going to screw with a Ford GT (a little too obvious!). Enjoy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
film my baja travel.. One pilot two cameras will be installed on the plane.. Piper aztec n40599 twin engine. Piper aztec 160 knts will have enough speed and altitude to catch me and film me driving winding desert roads. I will know make it a 4 day trip driving only during the day to capture images..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah...but is the pilot qualified in the use of "mini guns" ... and will the Piper have least one of 'same mounted, loaded, and ready for use?:biggrin

I'm sorry. I'll stop now. :cheers

Paranoid Pockets

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
I receive several calls from persons interested

in goin with me on my cruise to baja..... One person who owns a 2005 Ford Gt, A person in phoenix that has a 2004 corvette z06. I also called two of my friends that own a 2005 Murcielago and a 2003 Ferrari. Every one is interested in cruising with me. I thing I can organize and make this trip with more cars.... I know most poeple will flake out...But, what the hell I will give it a try.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
If I owned one of these I might consider coming on the trip, but in a GT no way!

Attachments

• hum45.jpg
    hum45.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
clinton is a pussy
clinton is a pussy

clinton is a pussy
clinton is a pussy
clinton is a pussy

clinton is a pussyy

:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
purr,
Hiss, hiss,
MEOW,

Bony, are you going to join the cruise to Baja? Bringing your Volvo, or GT? If you go, I would suggest bring a few cases of makers mark to give to the locals along the way.

If you are adventuresome, how about a vacation to Ciudad Juarez next year.

Read all about the attractions there:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071217/wl_nm/mexico_graves_dc_1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.