Hello New Member

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
OK let me start off by saying this looks like an awesome site and congrats. Now let me give you some info about me. I work and help run a Ford dealership for the last 20 years. 11 years ago I got into Mustangs and bought a 92 fox convertible adversary yellow. at the time street driving and racing was a big part of my life. we had a group of friends in town that owned fords and they were the fastest fords around. It all started with a Kennebell supercharger than 20lbs of boost and then a 10 sec time slip in the ¼ mile. Back around 2001 A local guy in town built a Viper to run 9’s and after pushing my luck with a stock ford create motor with 20lbs of boost and a 75 shot of nitrous the inevitable happened. ( I split the block ). Now the street cars early 2002 were running 9 secs at track. even our import rivals. I decided to build a Dart Block and change to a centrifugal charger. long story short two years ago this same street car now with a 25.5 cage went 7.9 in the ¼ on a 10 wide tire and stock suspension. I race the car at Pinks/World ford challenge’s in ST Louis and in our local True street Events. For the most part I raced and tuned this car with the help of some very fast guys. The day the car went 7.9 the next pass I wrecked it bad at the top end and the family put the end to my racing. My twin brother was killed in a high speed boat so that was a bad reminder when they got the call saying I was getting cut out of the car and being air lifted to the hospital. The next year I kind of lost my mind and went out and bought a Ferrari. F355. I loved the car but everywhere I went a talked about my old ford mustang doing wheel stands and never telling anyone I owned a Ferrari. Last Week I sold my Ferrari and just bought a Ford GT but it is far from me and If anyone here lives in New York I would love for them to look at it for me. I want to post pics but it is still a secret in the home town and I kinda want to roll out next spring with it. if anyone wants to see it PM me and I can send you a link, the car is for sale now and I have money down waiing for the details on shipping it to me. I am pumped and cant wait to start talking again about how I own a Ford hehe. Nice meeting you all and I can give some good info about boosted cars.

thx
Smokdu (my Old Plate on my mustang and it was true)

H

HHGT

Welcome.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Let's get that GT on the road! Hope to see you at the Rally SMOKDU.

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Welcome to the club. A FGT is fast, but I doubt if it will match your 7.9 in the 1/4.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the club. A FGT is fast, but I doubt if it will match your 7.9 in the 1/4.

No, but I'll bet it'll crank a corner tell your balls pop! Ask Roketman.

Ed

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
What's your name? I have been to most if not all of the world ford challenges and raced at them...I've been around the mustang stuff since 96 and am just get'n ready to compete in Nmra SSO this year after not racing since 2007. We will need to run 7.0's-200+mph on 28*10.5 tires this year to compete...I have got some good people behind me thou and we will do well. Welcome to the forum and what color car are you buying?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
What's your name? I have been to most if not all of the world ford challenges and raced at them...I've been around the mustang stuff since 96 and am just get'n ready to compete in Nmra SSO this year after not racing since 2007. We will need to run 7.0's-200+mph on 28*10.5 tires this year to compete...I have got some good people behind me thou and we will do well. Welcome to the forum and what color car are you buying?

My name is Mark. but i was known as smokdu. The last guy who helped me was a guy names Jason Lee i am sure you have heard of him. I raced in 2 series up north here and only raced the true street event at WFC. i was runnng 9's back then doing the 30 mile cruise. youtube Smokdu or Smokedu and you will find some cool vids. it is the yellow car.

The color is black with black HRE wheels.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Are you talking about the GT at the Ferrari dealership for sale? Has about 17k miles if I am thinking about the right car....

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Hey Mark, welcome to the forum, I'm guessing that you're buying the GT at FOLI with 17,000 miles. I've been to a few events that they've sponsored, I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the GT as a "performance car", but it's certainly not going to perform the 1/4 mile like some of the cars you've owned. I've put over 8,000 miles on my car since I bought it in July of 10. The more miles you put on it, the more smiles you'll be wearing!!!!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
My name is Mark. but i was known as smokdu. The last guy who helped me was a guy names Jason Lee i am sure you have heard of him. I raced in 2 series up north here and only raced the true street event at WFC. i was runnng 9's back then doing the 30 mile cruise. youtube Smokdu or Smokedu and you will find some cool vids. it is the yellow car.

Jason is a very good friend, him and his partner will be teaming up with me this year and tuning my car.

Congrats on the car! You'll love it.....

Dan Schoneck

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Hey Mark, welcome to the forum, I'm guessing that you're buying the GT at FOLI with 17,000 miles. I've been to a few events that they've sponsored, I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with the GT as a "performance car", but it's certainly not going to perform the 1/4 mile like some of the cars you've owned. I've put over 8,000 miles on my car since I bought it in July of 10. The more miles you put on it, the more smiles you'll be wearing!!!!

I cant get anything past you guys. hehe. yes this is the one. how is this car? i live in Wisconsin and i plane ride is 1500 to see it this week. i want to make the deal and i do not want to fly out there. Anything know anything bad about this car? i guess it was owned by Lito Shepeard at one time

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Welcome to the forum Mark

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Get a PPI done before the purchase.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Jason is a very good friend, him and his partner will be teaming up with me this year and tuning my car.

Congrats on the car! You'll love it.....

Dan Schoneck

Pat is a really nice guy. They know there fords. trust what they say and you will go 6.9 because i just wanted to go 8.0. good luck if you need any advise pm me anytime. i am also a procharger dealer

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
See if you can find a forum member to give it a look over. May even want to consider having Rich of the GT guys look at it.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
See if you can find a forum member to give it a look over. May even want to consider having Rich of the GT guys look at it.

i called a local ford dealer and talked with there master tech. he is going to ride over and look at it for me ( free ) Nice guy. he will get a gift from santa. plus another member pmed me Joes info and i got his cell number as well. thx

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Welcome to the Forum, SMOKDU!
While the Ford technician is a fine choice to look over the GT and give you a report, I would ABSOLUTELY have someone associated with this forum do the same.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome to the Forum, SMOKDU!
While the Ford technician is a fine choice to look over the GT and give you a report, I would ABSOLUTELY have someone associated with this forum do the same.

+1

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Pat is a really nice guy. They know there fords. trust what they say and you will go 6.9 because i just wanted to go 8.0. good luck if you need any advise pm me anytime. i am also a procharger dealer

I've been 4.90's and 7.60's on 28's back in 05. The late Jim Summers of Procharger was one of my very good friends, I have been with Procharger since 2003. Ive got an F2 on a Ford GT. You are close to me if your in wisconsin, im in southern Minnesota.