Helenor Crosses Over To The Dark Side !!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
very cool

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Hey Mike,
We may be going to the tower shops on friday. I'll let you know.. B.

:thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
It's a beauty, Brian. Very nice job.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It's a beauty, Brian. Very nice job.

Thanks buddy !!!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice Stormy! :thumbsup I need to give you a call about the paint job on those wheels when I get back in Florida.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very nice job Brian......I won't be showing Janet as she when instanly notice the missing wipers:eek....then I iwll come home and notice the missing GT in the garage:confused

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice Stormy! :thumbsup I need to give you a call about the paint job on those wheels when I get back in Florida.

OK C,
look forward to hearing from you..

Very nice job Brian......I won't be showing Janet as she when instanly notice the missing wipers:eek....then I iwll come home and notice the missing GT in the garage:confused

Oh, believe me wiper less is the way to go !!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Very nice work. It is amazing how well the piece looks with the complex curves.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Oh, believe me wiper less is the way to go !!!

I've never seen my car with wipers, let alone driven it! Had them deleted before I picked it up. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Very nice work. It is amazing how well the piece looks with the complex curves.

A CF hood on that yellow car would be killer !!!!:biggrin

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The control arms to the passenger side post just pop off via the plastic ball joints. The post is held in with 4 bolts. It can be easily removed a a small 2 x 2 1/2 cover goes over the hole.

Stormcat,

Once you popped off the control arm and removed the four bolts, how did you remove the passenger side post? Mine is still firmly secured by sealant. I'm a little hesitant to break out the BFH and start hitting things. Any special technique to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Waldo

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Waldo, I have not tried this one yet. The BFH may be over kill, perhaps a Flame Thrower ( aka Hair dryer ) will soften the compound if it cold where you are.

I pushed in on the sealant around mine and it is still pliable. But 70 degs here today. If that don't work , I guess you have to cut the sealant from under the base somehow. A razor on 3 sides ought to go in deep enough. Be careful though.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat,

Once you popped off the control arm and removed the four bolts, how did you remove the passenger side post? Mine is still firmly secured by sealant. I'm a little hesitant to break out the BFH and start hitting things. Any special technique to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Waldo

yes , I've done this twice..
1) Take a 3/4" thick block of wood or other cushioning item and place it on the black sheet metal deck toward the passenger side. a rag under the wood is also recommended
2) Take a big screw driver or suitable pry bar and but it under the small arm that's part of the post. (Put a rag between the pry tool and wiper post.)
3) Slide the pry under the post / arm assembly till it's near the handle and place the tip of the pry tool on the block of wood.
4) Now just pry steadily upward and you'll break the sealant seal. Once the seal is broken it will come right out.
Sorry next time I'll take a picture. If you need further instructions PM me and I'll give you a call...

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Stormcat,

Thanks for the advice. It worked like a champ.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2494&ppuser=41

Best Regards,
Waldo

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat,

Thanks for the advice. It worked like a champ.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2494&ppuser=41

Best Regards,
Waldo

Looks clean.. Now all you need is a notchless CF hood !! :biggrin

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Looks clean is right on !.

Amazing what some little touches can do to bring things all together. Nice work guys.

Brian you have a good eye for this stuff. Thanks, guess I will have to get the BFH out when I get some free time. My big old knob is now staring me in the face and screaming to go away. Looks better than I thought it would even with the open area.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Looks clean.. Now all you need is a notchless CF hood !! :biggrin

And I can hear my wife now... "So what was wrong with the old hood?"

Looks clean is right on !.

Amazing what some little touches can do to bring things all together. Nice work guys.

Brian you have a good eye for this stuff. Thanks, guess I will have to get the BFH out when I get some free time. My big old knob is now staring me in the face and screaming to go away. Looks better than I thought it would even with the open area.

I didn't use the BFH. A large screwdriver, some thin blocks of wood, and steady, controlled upward pressure did the trick. It definitely looks much nicer with not only the wipers gone, but with nothing protruding up through the passenger wiper notch.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
And I can hear my wife now... "So what was wrong with the old hood?"

I didn't use the BFH. A large screwdriver, some thin blocks of wood, and steady, controlled upward pressure did the trick. It definitely looks much nicer with not only the wipers gone, but with nothing protruding up through the passenger wiper notch.

Believe it or not with the post gone there's less wind noise. At least on the notchless hood. That maybe reason enough to replace it .:biggrin
Let me know if you hear a difference with the stock hood..

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Any ideas for the notch in the fender? New lightweight CF fenders :banana

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Looks awesome! Love the black wheels...