Helenor Crosses Over To The Dark Side !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well, the transformation continues... I think black wheels look so sinister on the GT.. I'm real happy with they way they came out !! The little blue caps match my other blue accents..
I'm real happy with the way the Carbon Fiber hood came out. I couldn't bring myself to painting this so While working with Autotrim Design on the Side Stripes I asked them if they could make a small change to their GT Stripe kit to accommodate my Notch less hood. Their kit was perfect for my use I didn't want to paint the hood or have the stripe wrap around the center vertical section of the hood. I wanted to have that natural black out of the air extractor area

The notch less hood is very clean. If you see the original Yellow Concept GT it has no wiper notches and looks very clean in the hood to windshield transition..

Attachments

• GT NEW LOOK 009.jpg
    GT NEW LOOK 009.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 638
  • GT NEW LOOK 013.jpg
    GT NEW LOOK 013.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 639
  • GT NEW LOOK 014.jpg
    GT NEW LOOK 014.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 640
  • GT NEW LOOK 017.jpg
    GT NEW LOOK 017.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 641
  • GT NEW LOOK 020.jpg
    GT NEW LOOK 020.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 632

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
You are out of control! Great color combination of Tungsten and Black Wheels!

The windshield / notchless hood looks outstanding too.

It'll take me a little getting used to the blue and red combo on the wheels/calipers.

Great choice on the script for GT sticker.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
A perfect STORM...........

Great job, Stormy Man.............Well done. One of a kind.............

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You are out of control! Great color combination of Tungsten and Black Wheels!

The windshield / notchless hood looks outstanding too.

It'll take me a little getting used to the blue and red combo on the wheels/calipers.

Great choice on the script for GT sticker.

Not quite as sinister as the all black cars but I'm Trying !!!:biggrin

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Great choice on the wheels!!! :biggrin

Love the transformation on the tungsten... mean!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great choice on the wheels!!! :biggrin

Love the transformation on the tungsten... mean!

Thanks !! You're my idol !! Some day I hope to have the power to back it up the mean look !! You know they can add a " TT " to that new side stripe. You may want to get one before I do...:eek

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Curious , What did you do with the wiper motor?

The mounting cams stick up above the hood, right?

Very nice work Brian !:thumbsup:thumbsup

Ps. I have something I think Hellenor will like. PM me your shipping address when you get a chance.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Curious , What did you do with the wiper motor?

The mounting cams stick up above the hood, right?

Very nice work Brian !:thumbsup:thumbsup

Ps. I have something I think Hellenor will like. PM me your shipping address when you get a chance.

Actually it's a very easy mod to make. The motor and drivers side control rods are in place. I still have the drivers side wiper arm post in place. I carry the wiper arm in the trunk if I should ever need it. I've been driving this way for a year and I've been caught in the rain but thanks to " Rejex " I've never felt the need to install the driver's side wiper.
The control arms to the passenger side post just pop off via the plastic ball joints. The post is held in with 4 bolts. It can be easily removed a a small 2 x 2 1/2 cover goes over the hole. I found some nice black plastic covers to go over the unused ball joint and the drivers side wiper post. It's a 10 to 15 min job...

Attachments

• Hood Prj 014.jpg
    Hood Prj 014.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 589
  • Hood Prj 015.jpg
    Hood Prj 015.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 592

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, so now that playtime is over, when do we see bottleholders? You had me going last week.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks GREAT Brian!! Congrats!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Storm... WOW. I thought the GT looked perfect stock.... then I looked at yours.

You are evil... I might have to do the wheels now!

And it looks so clean with no wipers (not really an option here in the UK).

Again WOW!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Go Brian Go!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Way to go!

Question: What method did you use to paint the wheels? The discussion about powder coating the wheels after the fact has been 'beat to death'...and I am curious about the tack you took.

I really like the look.:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great job, Stormy Man.............Well done. One of a kind.............

Thanks George,
Like you , I enjoy adding the small personal touches to the car..:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Way to go!

Question: What method did you use to paint the wheels? The discussion about powder coating the wheels after the fact has been 'beat to death'...and I am curious about the tack you took.

I really like the look.:thumbsup

That subject has been debated back and forth. It would be nice to hear from a Mfg. if heat treating the forged wheels will effect the strength?
I want the paint route, I did it my self and it's easier to touch up if need be.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
Wow, looks really good Brian. The black wheel with the tungsten look perfect together. Even the bare CF on the hood looks great on a tungsten car. Some colors bare cf doesn't look right to me. I will have to stop by Tower Shops friday to see it if your going.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The notch less hood is very clean. If you see the original Yellow Concept GT it has no wiper notches and looks very clean in the hood to windshield transition..

After I took off my wipers (yep, something not a great need for in the Arizona desert), I have wondered if there is not a way to make a "filler panel" that could easily go on / come off to cover the notches - the notches are huge.

I envision some type of 3-D panel that could attach from underneath and then "fill" the notch to conform with the hood line.

Any ideas?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
After I took off my wipers (yep, something not a great need for in the Arizona desert), I have wondered if there is not a way to make a "filler panel" that could easily go on / come off to cover the notches - the notches are huge.

I envision some type of 3-D panel that could attach from underneath and then "fill" the notch to conform with the hood line.

Any ideas?

AZ,
I will say the filling in the hood notch was not an original idea on my part. Someone mentioned about buying a spare hood and re-working the fiber glass. When I decide to do the CF hood I knew that that would be the look I wanted. After seeing the original Yellow concept car I knew it would be clean.

You could make a small panel that mounted to a plate mounted in lieu of the passenger side wiper post. You would have to leave some gap to allow the hood to open and close. I still have my drivers side post in case of emergency. It's not as noticeable off to the side.

So you have 3 options. Rework a factory FG hood, Make a small filler panel or I can hook you up with a CF hood which is about half the weight !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow, looks really good Brian. The black wheel with the tungsten look perfect together. Even the bare CF on the hood looks great on a tungsten car. Some colors bare cf doesn't look right to me. I will have to stop by Tower Shops friday to see it if your going.

Hey Mike,
We may be going to the tower shops on friday. I'll let you know.. B.

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
carbon fiber hood

Carbon fiber hood with the color stripe turned out great, Brian,
I like it.
The Wheels are a nice touch too. "Helenor" could never be sinister!

:wink