Halfshaft Bolt Answers (all threads merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Larry, don't you hate these rainy Sunday afternoons... :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry, don't you hate these rainy Sunday afternoons... :lol

Why, YES my good fellow! As a matter of fact - I DO (he said completely ignoring the hint)!
My wife & I just this minute got back from about a 1-1/2 mile hike in the crap.:mad Thank God for umbrellas...

And to think only this past Friday we were basking in the wonderfulness of 60+ degree sun in Las Vegas.:frown

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Thanks alot Ford for not only knowing about our problem with the axles breaking and not doing nothing about it you made me not be able to make my grandmothers funeral. Oh i called the the roadside assistance from the dealershipi got stuck in a place called Claypool Va the middle of no where. The truck showed up 3 hours late only to tell me he was not going to tow a gt 40 they didnt tell him it was that dont worry i wouldnt have let him haul my riding lawnmower,To beat it all the dealership charged me 468,00 for the fix i barely talked them into letting me help they have never seen a gt in there life they didnt have the torque to yield cv joint bolts we only changed the washers and 2 screws special thanks to Jay analogdesigner and Jack i think from mmp

Not a good time for an axle failure. I would be beside myself if I were in your shoes.

Sorry to hear of your sh_tstorm with half shaft failure. There should be absolutely NO CHARGE from the dealer for any of this as your car is under warranty. If they don't refund what they charged you, call the Ford GT hotline and raise hell.

When will Ford address this obvious design problem that although not widespread ... at least at this time ... reflects very poorly on their "Pace Car For An Entire Company" and leaves owners stranded in dangerous and untenable situations. Many of us will begin driving our FGT's over the next 6 weeks after winter storage and I predict more failures will occur.

Come on Ford, step up to the plate and fix these cars. You've had more than enough time to study the problem and develop a PERMANENT fix!

Sorry to hear of your sh_tstorm with half shaft failure. There should be absolutely NO CHARGE from the dealer for any of this as your car is under warranty. If they don't refund what they charged you, call the Ford GT hotline and raise hell.

When will Ford address this obvious design problem that although not widespread ... at least at this time ... reflects very poorly on their "Pace Car For An Entire Company" and leaves owners stranded in dangerous and untenable situations. Many of us will begin driving our FGT's over the next 6 weeks after winter storage and I predict more failures will occur.

Come on Ford, step up to the plate and fix these cars. You've had more than enough time to study the problem and develop a PERMANENT fix!

And the beat goes on! Where is FORD?

Just like you guys said the reason it is 1% alot of cars dont get driven mine only had 2700 miles when this happened, the tech could not believe the design of this unit it is going to happen to all of ussooner or later

Thanks alot Ford for not only knowing about our problem with the axles breaking and not doing nothing about it you made me not be able to make my grandmothers funeral. Oh i called the the roadside assistance from the dealershipi got stuck in a place called Claypool Va the middle of no where. The truck showed up 3 hours late only to tell me he was not going to tow a gt 40 they didnt tell him it was that dont worry i wouldnt have let him haul my riding lawnmower,To beat it all the dealership charged me 468,00 for the fix i barely talked them into letting me help they have never seen a gt in there life they didnt have the torque to yield cv joint bolts we only changed the washers and 2 screws special thanks to Jay analogdesigner and Jack i think from mmp

David,
I'm sorry to hear about your failure and to add to the pain was the day it happened!!! :frown I'm sure you can get Ford to reimburse you for the repairs and if they didn't replace the outer six bolts than chances are good they did not read all of the TSB's and proper fixes so the torque on the inner bolts maybe in question.
Did they do both sides? I would find a knowledgeable dealer and make sure both sides are done with the latest repair kit that includes the 2 small inner bolts and hardened washers and the six outer torque to yield bolts. What is your model year ,VIN last 4 and mileage???

thanks for the kind words stormcat my car is an 06 blue white stripe vin is 558 build date is Jan 27 O6 , We did everything by the book with the bolts and washers they just couldnt get the 12 bolts torque to yeild i will get them this week thanks

thanks for the kind words stormcat my car is an 06 blue white stripe vin is 558 build date is Jan 27 O6 , We did everything by the book with the bolts and washers they just couldnt get the 12 bolts torque to yeild i will get them this week thanks

Hopefully that will be the last issue for you. I'm going to get mine replaced as a preemptive move. It has been a while since there have been any failures but I've keep forgetting many cars are parked for the winter !!!:ack

Simply beyond word; I am very sorry for you and what you and your family had to endure

Shadowman

Last edited by a moderator:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
trying to merge these posts into the main half shaft threads, for some reason I am having a problem, got to get another Makers Mark Manhattan in me and try again.:biggrin

got it done, thanks Maker's. By mistake I merged all the posts above into one, sorry, the content was not changed.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
David, what type of washers were used, silver, or the newer black ones?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Given the GT was developed in 12 months, it would not be unreasonable for Ford to have developed a bullet proof, weapons grade fix in the two years or so that the GT has been in customers hands....

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
hardened black washers

David, what type of washers were used, silver, or the newer black ones?
BlackICE,

Dave had the hardened black washers in his car.

Jay

Gimbal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 11, 2007
Queenstown, New Zealand
OK, who deleted my post and why?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Gimbal I sent you a PM.

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
axle failure solution

I may havefound a solution for our axle failure i have tried to get with a few of you no one has emailed me back yet email me with your phone number or post it here i will get him in touch with you what do we have to loose. this guy is pretty sharp and when he saw my bolts he said what a joke, Dave

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The content of your post violated forum policy. This forum willl not allow itself to become party to any litigation.

Mention a plan that involves lawyers and expect to see the post deleted.

Hmmm.... Glad I didn't go into law, or else I wouldn't be able to have the fun I do here.:biggrin

What about a class action lawsuit suing soda makers for making soda soo damn tasty, and hard to give up! I haven't touched it in months now!:banana

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Speaking of bolts, mine have not failed yet. I just hit 2K miles today! I drove it to work, and all is fine.

I haven't been keeping up with this subject. Any progress yet?

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
PM me I am interested.
thanks

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Please send me info if possible.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I drove it to work, and all is fine.

Silly Mark. They won't fail on your way to work - that would be too convenient. They will wait until you're on your way home or somewhere important - like a funeral. But the highest odds are likely when you are pulling out of a parking lot that contains a Ferrari owner who is watching you with admiration ..... until.... it...... happens.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
For those of us outside the US, would it be possible to post a summary on the forum?

Thanks

Neil

Shoot! For those of us INSIDE the US, would that be possible!:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
thread moved, but I am in interested in your comments.
thanks, bony

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Im sorry

im so sorry i got so excited about this axle deal its just im so proud to be part of you guys and it was really a bad thing to miss out what happened to me in Va My father in law is the real deal he talked to Jay last night for over an hour i wanted him to talk to dbk or bony and a few of you guys Jay included but i did something wrong infraction rememnber im a truck driver you guys know im not the smartest thing by reading my posts i cant spell crap it takes me 4 trys to get on the board . Bony im sorry Dave ps i will never bring this axle issue up again and i will wait to see if im kicked off the board but remember lock tight wiring bolts proper 2 stage torque new improved upgrade washer is not the fix but at least when yours broke the dealer didnt charge you 450.00 Dave

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just chill out and relax, we all still love you!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
A LOT of people got excited about the axle deal.
A lot of people are STILL excited about the axle deal.
Shoot! I'M still excited about the axle deal!
So, I guess if YOU go - A LOT OF US WILL HAVE TO GO ALSO!:lol
Tim's right. Chill out. Pour youself a Makers Mark, as Bony would say. (In fact - he'll pbly UPS yuh one!)
The world ain't gunna come to and end over a little thing like that.[/B]:thumbsup :banana

Status
Not open for further replies.