GT Power Plug

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Cut my old cap off with a scalpel. Nice clean cut. No pulling or snapping. I didn't like it, looked like it would break off at some point. I usually have my Valentine 1 plugged in most of the time anyway.

There is a cool cord that you can get for your Valentine 1, that hooks it into the rear view mirror for power. Very clean install. There is a thread on this, probably if you search Valentine 1. I paid the $25 or so to get the cord from the Corvette supplier, but you can also do it cheaper. Another benefit is that it powers down automatically. Well worth it.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
SO...did you break off the stem of the plastic tab?

Does it look cleaner than a bottle top tab? Well that my impression of the stock cap.
They should have put more thought into it.

Mine just snapped off at the base of the ring, and looks like it was never there. It is as clean as it could get. I am not worried about the putting that plastic cover back on. I never plan on doing it.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There is a cool cord that you can get for your Valentine 1, that hooks it into the rear view mirror for power. Very clean install. There is a thread on this, probably if you search Valentine 1. I paid the $25 or so to get the cord from the Corvette supplier, but you can also do it cheaper. Another benefit is that it powers down automatically. Well worth it.

I've got one of those cords and love it but mine doesn't power down automatically. I have to physically turn it on and off. Maybe I have it plugged into the wrong slots on the mirror?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here's a pic of my Billet plug.:biggrin

100_0227.JPG

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
Cut my old cap off with a scalpel. Nice clean cut. No pulling or snapping. I didn't like it, looked like it would break off at some point. I usually have my Valentine 1 plugged in most of the time anyway. I put in the "Eject" button with the silver finish. Looks stock.

I bought one of the MGW plugs back in January (Satin & Black).
I too cut off the existing cap using an exacto knife.
I streched the rubber tether enough to get the cut as close to the tether ring as possible. When it snapped back, there was no residual part of the strap/tether showing. I then cut the remaining tether off the Cap end, so the plastic cap can always be placed back on for an original look, (just without the tether).

Since I also like the ability to restore to original, I bought a replacement Cap & tether ring from Ford (~$16 retail)...but as Rich said, the entire assemby needs to come out to put it back on.

Rick M '05-#2032

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Here's a pic with the silver eject button.

JVC_Eject_Small_.jpg

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

JVC_Eject_Small_.jpg

Now that's COOL! I like that.:cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA

JVC_Eject_Small_.jpg

That's awesome! If I did that, I know one of my dumb friends would ask me if that was the eject button for the CD or something.:lol

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
When my friends go to push it, I'm going to yell "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Just to see the reaction!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I gotta admit, that looks a heck of a lot better than that cover. :thumbsup

H

HHGT

JVC_Eject_Small_.jpg

Can ayone hook up a Taser to the eject button?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've got one of those cords and love it but mine doesn't power down automatically. I have to physically turn it on and off. Maybe I have it plugged into the wrong slots on the mirror?

It powers down if you wait a little while.