GT Power Plug

ZeroVette

Jun 4, 2006
Irvine CA
Has anybody tried these, are they any good?

GT Power Plug

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Not that it matters but that's just a mustang bling item. He's got it listed as being for a GT but it's really not, or I guess it could be. As an example I tried to get a Ford GT (would be correct) license plate frame from MGW (I have one of theirs for my Viper) and they said they don't offer one yet but the one they offer for a Mustang GT just says GT so I got that for now.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
MGW Power Plug

I purchased the MGW LTD Power plug which say's (EJECT) in red to match the starter button and looks cool and is a real conversation piece with passengers. Quality is good and price is not too high. Fits in as a power plug cover. Even though they were designed for a Mustang GT and not the Ford GT they work well.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I purchased the MGW LTD Power plug which say's (EJECT) in red to match the starter button and looks cool and is a real conversation piece with passengers. Quality is good and price is not too high. Fits in as a power plug cover. Even though they were designed for a Mustang GT and not the Ford GT they work well.

I got the same thing. Its good for a laugh. I even had one lady beliven it was real:banana

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
That's funny Todd. What was the follow up, secret ownership papers of the Golden Gate bridge:rofl

machone

GT Owner
Nov 1, 2006
what is mgw?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That's funny Todd. What was the follow up, secret ownership papers of the Golden Gate bridge:rofl

Mike, the bridge belongs to me, I will cut you a great deal, otherwise on Feb. 1 I am sticking the sumbitch on ebay:biggrin :banana :biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Mike, the bridge belongs to me, I will cut you a great deal, otherwise on Feb. 1 I am sticking the sumbitch on ebay:biggrin :banana :biggrin

If you do - be sure to post a link in "Products for the GT" under the description of "private road for the big run!".

Just think! $5 to go 200 MPH!!!!!!!1:rofl :rofl :rofl

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, and up in the drink! Although, have we seen a wrecked GT in the water yet? Bet it floats like an old VW.

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
BONY IS A THEIF !!! He stole my bridge:eek :eek :lol :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
BONY IS A THEIF !!! He stole my bridge:eek :eek :lol :lol

Talk to my business office in Nigeria, the complaint department is on the 69th floor.:banana :willy :banana

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Hilarious!

I just ordered one with the EJECT and the silver exterior finish.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mustang Parts Co

MGW LTD.com is a mustang after market company located in Augusta, Georgia.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, I just receiveed my Eject plug. Did you guys just cut off the black oem cover or were you able to take off the entire black ring with the cover? Give me some insight before I do the wrong thing. Thanks.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Ok, I just receiveed my Eject plug. Did you guys just cut off the black oem cover or were you able to take off the entire black ring with the cover? Give me some insight before I do the wrong thing. Thanks.

I just pulled mine off. The cover has a pigtail attached to the black ring. Pull the pigtail until it snaps off. It should come off clean, like it was never there. The black ring stays there. The pigtail will stretch while you are pulling it. Try to keep a grip on it as close to the ring as possible.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
installed mine on monday, neat:thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I just pulled mine off. The cover has a pigtail attached to the black ring. Pull the pigtail until it snaps off. It should come off clean, like it was never there. The black ring stays there. The pigtail will stretch while you are pulling it. Try to keep a grip on it as close to the ring as possible.

SO...did you break off the stem of the plastic tab?

Does it look cleaner than a bottle top tab? Well that my impression of the stock cap.
They should have put more thought into it.

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Just my 2 cents, but I'd think twice about breaking the cover off. If somewhere down the road you ever wanted to reinstall it, it's a major pain in the butt to replace. (have to pull console out and the radio bracket loose). Again, in MHO. (changed a few at the shop) :thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Cut my old cap off with a scalpel. Nice clean cut. No pulling or snapping. I didn't like it, looked like it would break off at some point. I usually have my Valentine 1 plugged in most of the time anyway. I put in the "Eject" button with the silver finish. Looks stock.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Cut my old cap off with a scalpel. Nice clean cut. No pulling or snapping. I didn't like it, looked like it would break off at some point. I usually have my Valentine 1 plugged in most of the time anyway. I put in the "Eject" button with the silver finish. Looks stock.

May look better than stock !
21.jpg