Gt Guys Coming To Dallas

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I talked to Rich (GTguy) yesterday to outline the plan for my car... nice guy, and seemed very knowlegable and willing to do (or not do) anything we need on our cars.

mardyn

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I talked to Rick also. I'm going to have them do the:

Heffner Pulley/Tune
Tranny Cooler
Borla Exhaust
Accufab Clean Air Insert
New/Wired Half shaft to cup bolts
New/Wired Haft shaft to transmission bolts

Are you guys doing anything else? I am interested in other modifications available.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I talked to Rich today and I'm in for a pulley/tune and axle bolt fix. Please include me in the schedule. Thanks!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think I may have the car lowered an inch and a half or so too.

I read that the GT is made to it's current height to meet impact standards. Does anybody know if this is true? Has anybody had issues (turning, and wheel rubbing) with a modest drop?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
dbtgt said:
I talked to Rich today and I'm in for a pulley/tune and axle bolt fix. Please include me in the schedule. Thanks!
Dave,
Look forward to seeing you again while in Dallas for work on our cars.
Then you should be able to keep up with me after the GT Guys work on your machine.:biggrin

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Spirit said:
Dave,
Look forward to seeing you again while in Dallas for work on our cars.
Then you should be able to keep up with me after the GT Guys work on your machine.:biggrin
Hello Fred, I look forward to seeing you again also. Let's have a drink and dinner if it works out. I'll be coming the night before "my appointment".

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
dbtgt said:
Hello Fred, I look forward to seeing you again also. Let's have a drink and dinner if it works out. I'll be coming the night before "my appointment".
Dave,
Sounds Good.:biggrin
I don't have an "appointment" time yet, got another call into Rich to try to get it a time firmed up because I am also having the rear fascia replaced due to the crack in it while in Dallas.:thumbsup
Are you going to the Unique Performance Fest on Oct 14th, Silver Bullitt & I are driving up for it.
Put that thing on the road!!:banana

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Spirit said:
Dave,
Sounds Good.:biggrin
I don't have an "appointment" time yet, got another call into Rich to try to get it a time firmed up because I am also having the rear fascia replaced due to the crack in it while in Dallas.:thumbsup
Are you going to the Unique Performance Fest on Oct 14th, Silver Bullitt & I are driving up for it.
Put that thing on the road!!:banana
I'm considering it, Fred. I'll keep in touch,

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When are you boys going to learn that red is THE color?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Spirit I had a message from Rich yesterday...he is out till Sunday and I am hooking him and Ric Middlekauf up to work out the details of needing the shop...We should have everyone scheduled next week so you can firm things up..

There's a good chance we will be running this for a week so Texas GT and AJ might still be able to get in on this...

Matt

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the update. If you guys are still tuning on the weekend of Nov. 10th, I'd be able to get my pulley and tune done. I get back from Italy on the 9th Nov. The exhaust and cooler are going to be done here in FW in the next week or two. AC

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
I am in!

This is what I want:

Heffner Pulley/Tune
Acufab Exhaust
Accufab Clean Air Insert
New/Wired Half shaft to cup bolts
New/Wired Haft shaft to transmission bolts

As to the "dyno" I will use the one built into my right foot! :banana

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Great..Make sure and give Rich a call on Monday and get in the Que..I just talked to Russell and he said that he is off mods until after he gets back with his wife from Italy..hey thats the end of October..so he might be in :)

Matt

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
Will do and I will update you..I cant let an Aggie have a faster GT you know!! :lol

I Speed

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Ft Worth TX
I would like to get pully, exhaust, tune, seats and belts.

ByeEnzo
What did you select for your exhaust? When its on I would like to hear it before I make my decision. We go across on the 16th and back on the 25th.

427 Aggie
Whats the chance you will be at the Frisco meet Monday? I would like to hear revs and at speed inside the car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Fubar said:
I think I may have the car lowered an inch and a half or so too.

I read that the GT is made to it's current height to meet impact standards. Does anybody know if this is true? Has anybody had issues (turning, and wheel rubbing) with a modest drop?

At The Rally I dropped mine 1" in the front and 3/4" in the back with Alex's springs. Did a performance driving alignment. I am 100% happy with the work of the GT GUYS.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I speed I believe that AJ has the IDA exhaust...if you are going to be there Monday night I will try and make it so you can hear the accufab...This compilation by DBK will show you what they sound like from outside..

In Order:
Stock - Manny, #1418
Borla - Florida Chris
Accufab - Bony
Bob Ida - barondw
Tubi - John Gourley
Full FRPP w/headers - Shoboat

Make sure and Give Rich a call to work into the schedule.

matt

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I Speed said:
I would like to get pully, exhaust, tune, seats and belts.

ByeEnzo
What did you select for your exhaust? When its on I would like to hear it before I make my decision. We go across on the 16th and back on the 25th.

427 Aggie
Whats the chance you will be at the Frisco meet Monday? I would like to hear revs and at speed inside the car.

I have the IDA exhaust. It should be back from the ceramic coating next week, then on the car. If its all done before you leave on vacation, I'll give you a call. Steve T also wants to listen to it. AC

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Heads up guys, I signed up to have the GT Guys lower my GT an inch or so. Don't be jealous.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Dallas Dudes,

I have a good supply of transaxle cooler kits in stock. As a "Group Buy" kind of thing, I will take $25 off EACH kit for EACH kit ordered for this install weekend. In other words;

1 kit ordered = $25 off
2 kits ordered = $50 off EACH kit
3 kits ordered = $75 off EACH kit
4 or more kits = $100 off EACH kit

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Kendall