Gt Guys Coming To Dallas

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Ok boys and girls..there was alot of interest at the meeting here on doing mods to your cars. I think we had at least 6 that wanted to have the exhaust done and some wanted more including pulley's and coolers.

Well the GT guys have agreed to come to Dallas...like they wouldn't whats not to love about Dallas :)

Anyway we are looking at the first week in November for their trip...Rick Middlekauf has grauciously offered up anything we need at his dealership so the work will be done there...Denis and Rich will order all the parts we need so they make sure they have everything...So who's IN?

After if you want a Dyno Rob at KCM will dyno cars for $200 for 3 pulls (they take a long time to strap down)

I need a list of who is interested and what you want done. I will post the list of prices later tonight.

I will start -

I will have the rear end cooler added and pulley and tune done.

I know Alan (friend of mine just got a GT) is having some fitiment on the panels looked at and his cooler added..possibly the accufab done.

Rick wanted everything

I think AJ wanted his pulley installed.

Matt

RED GT

Sep 20, 2006
New Kid on The Block:

Hey guys, Does anyone know where I can buy a new RED GT.?? MSRP or below.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just ordered some stuff, but I know I want the pulley and a tune. I need them to look at the axel bolts and replace whatever is necessary (and wire the rest). I should have the inter-cooler and a Borla to install also.

My car is up at Rick's now getting the fluids changed out. His shop has been meticulous with my car so far. I'm glad it will be there for this install.

Do I need to call these guys and make payment arrangements for parts?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Is Middlekauf a Ford dealer or what? Is KCM close where you could have a before and after dyno done? I want a pulley and tune but won't do it without a baseline dyno to see what I got for my money, (and proof for the fools who won't believe it puts out over 600 rwhp). Unfortuneately I'll be out of the country until mid November but if the date changes, I'm in.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Yes we are looking forward to meeting more owners and the opportunity to work on some more of these great cars. Please PM me directly with what you want done so we can make sure we schedule everyone accordingly. Right now we are looking at October 13th as a cut off date to order parts. We need to make sure that all of the parts are there since we have a specific date. Thanks again.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Since everything is going to be different please post if you want to be on the schedule and PM Rich with the GT guys for prices and PM for more information on the trip or a number that I can call you at for more specifics.

Middlekauf is a Ford Dealer here in Plano and they are only about 3 miles from KCM.

I still have to work on tickets for the guys and we have to figure out how we are going to handle their tools...I will call Ric tomorrow and see what suggestions he has at the dealership.

Matt

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sounds GOOD!
I'm in for some mods by the GT Guys to the machine.
Will PM Rich & yourself.
Thanks Matt.
Fred

rocksman

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2006
El Paso
What else should I have done?

Im in, Ill make the trip up to Dallas.
Im gonna get Pulley, Tune, Transaxle Cooler, Tansaxle Bolts wired, Accufab X-pipe, Accufab Insert. I cant think of much else. What other items do you all think I should get? Thanks guys. :cheers

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, I'm in too. :biggrin

mardyn

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
What types of pulley's are you guys getting?

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
gt guy

We had a Heffener pully and tune, transmission cooler, accufab X-pipe and clean air tube insert and half shaft to transmission cup bolts safety wired last weekend by the gt guy in Oklahoma. I love it, it's like a new car. You guys in TX won't be sorry.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
So just to keep a list going...the more people participating the less the travel costs will be.

So far I have:

427Aggie
Allan
Ric Middlekauf
Fubar
Spirit
Mardyn
Rocksman

Come on I know there are more of you!

matt

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm gonna be out of the country till Nov. 9th. If the GT Guys are here after that, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll have to get the work done later on (? at Dallas Mustang or some other tuner). I have the trans cooler, Ida exhaust and cold air kit all ready to be installed. I will probably have all that done here in FW. What I need done is the pulley (I have an approx. 2.75 to install), dyno tuning, and perhaps the stiffeners for the air intake. If the date changes to later in Nov., let me know. Thanks, AC

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Would it be inappropriate to discuss what it cost to do different things? I would like to gauge what "I think" is worth the cost.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
How bout my Heffner TT GT coming to the party ?????????

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
How About my Heffner TT GT Coming to the Party ???

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Two hundred dollars to dyno???? What THA??? Hennessey had mine strapped down in about 5 minutes!

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Does seem pretty steep ....

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Please keep the post on topic guys..Fubar the GT guys requested that you contact them via PM for prices on each item.

The cost for the Dyno is due to the work required to strap it down and that he doesn't use it for general public but to tune on vehicles in his shop. Carrott if you have a better way to get to the frame to strap the car down rather than remove the belly pans please I am all ears because the last time we did mine it took us over an hour just to get it strapped down.

And Ripper your welcome to come but it seems like this is going to be a multi day event with the number of cars we are setting up.

Matt

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
427Aggie said:
The cost for the Dyno is due to the work required to strap it down and that he doesn't use it for general public but to tune on vehicles in his shop. Carrott if you have a better way to get to the frame to strap the car down rather than remove the belly pans please I am all ears because the last time we did mine it took us over an hour just to get it strapped down.

Matt

I didn't watch how they did it, but it didn't take any longer than any other car I've had on a dyno. No clue.