GT 1/4 mile today!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
that GT is moving out in the 2nd 1/8th. Looks like it is picking up almost 32mph in the back half......this thing would be a beast in a roll race. For comparison go check out the modded Z06s in that link Jamie supplied.

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Wow Jamie,
I think thats a really good time.
I got down to an 11.2 / 133 MPH / 2.20 60' time, auto start off, stock tires at 40 degrees. It was only my 4th run ever and I'm not really launching the car properly yet as my 60' time shows. kept comming out with too much throttle. They told me to stop after I broke 11.50 as I dont have a cage or fire jacket.

Car has Whiple, Ida exhaust & tune. 708 rwhp.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...stock tires at 40 degrees.

I assume that's 40 PSI? :willy

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Joe's TT with 1000hp and nitto drag radials ran a 10.48

The 10.4X was with the stock Supercharger, a 2.8 Pulley, a little shot of spray (hence the 146MPH) and was on a Nitto tire.. They wouldnt let me make another pass after that one.

TonY G

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Must not know how to drive it that well is all I can think of? There are a lot of guys with a lot of dyno hp that can't run stock car times. I don't know if Joe drives his own car or someone else does but I saw that car do a 360 at the dragstrip on utube. I think one would have to agree that usually doesn't equate to good times!:wink

I see a pattern all the time with high performance cars and its usually a guy gets his car, hardly drives it and puts turbo's or nitrous or SC on it and goes to the track for the FIRST TIME and the car doesn't turn these out of this world numbers. They automatically think something is wrong but in reality they never mastered the driving of the stock car and the big HP car is even harder to drive so they can't put up a number. The people who have that car don't want to believe they can't drive but in reality they can't! They need practice they never had and only time will give them, and when they see a better time than they have run with the same mods they don't want to believe it because they haven't learned the FIRST and BEST MOD should be the one in the drivers seat! Just my opinion but I think there are a few guys on this board that would agree with that.

Jaimie, that was me driving.. Bad day but a good turn (LOL Pun) of events. Nice job!!!

TonY G

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I assume that's 40 PSI? :willy

No 40 degrees was the outside temperature.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
For each 10 deg F drop in temp, there is approx 2% increase in air density.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
Jaimie, that was me driving.. Bad day but a good turn (LOL Pun) of events. Nice job!!!

TonY G
Tony I wasn't saying you aren't a good driver, I am sure your are! Someone doubted my runs using Joes car as a basline I suppose? Stating it only ran 10.48 with a 1000 plus hp. I guess the logic was if he couldn't do it with a 1000hp I couldn't possibly get within a tenth or 2 with only 600hp, so I stated an opinion based on a 1000hp which in another post I see you cleared up.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Great Job Jamie...

If I had the balls I would go to Norwalk Ohio which is the best hooking track I have ever run at (and still get cool temps). On the other hand the Gt guys are close enough I could bring a extra clutch:rofl

Ps. John Force bought Norwalk today.
http://www.norwalkraceway.com/

Once at Norwalk I took 3 cars and all set up for easy straight no wheels in the air launches.
1 I stood on the bumper and cracked my helmut on the roll bar:eek
2 I got about 3 foot of air and twisted a drive shaft:willy
3 Got lots of air and went through 2 rear ends

silvergt8

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2007
that number sounds correct, my car ran a 10.7 at 131 1.71 short time with pully and exhaust on the stock tire

Last edited:

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
that number sounds correct, my car ran a 10.7 at 131 1.71 short time with pully and exhaust on the stock tire

60' is everything! I think I could of run a .50 with a 1.70 short no problem.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
do you guys drive around the water box on the goodyears? and just clean off the tires real quick? lower the tire pressures?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
takes skill... here is a guy that decided not to lift or brake...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQN...s.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=125367

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
over the 8000 mark on posts and I missed seeing it first hand, by a few hundred, an excellent accomplishment!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thank you, thank you very much. I awarded myself a Maker Mark Manhattan and proclaimed that day as POST WHORE DAY. :)

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
I took my car out to Englishtown NJ again last night. Got the launch down a little better and did a 10.789 @ 132.69, 1.90 RT. I was invited up to race control and told I would need a full cage, 6 pt harness, fire suit, gloves, neck brace and NHRA license if I wanted to run that time and speed again. I cant see fitting a cage, so I guess thats the end of my drag racing career. Too bad as I was starting to get into it.

Car has a Whipple, Ida exhaust & tune.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I took my car out to Englishtown NJ again last night. Got the launch down a little better and did a 10.789 @ 132.69, 1.90 RT. I was invited up to race control and told I would need a full cage, 6 pt harness, fire suit, gloves, neck brace and NHRA license if I wanted to run that time and speed again. I cant see fitting a cage, so I guess thats the end of my drag racing career. Too bad as I was starting to get into it.

Car has a Whipple, Ida exhaust & tune.

Nice ET! I assume the 1.9 was your 60' time and not your RT....unless you nodded off at the tree. ;)

How much boost/what size pulley are you running?

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
Oops, youre right 1.90 was the 60 ft time, not the R/T

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Good job man I bet that was a fun ride until they tossed you.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
takes skill... here is a guy that decided not to lift or brake...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XQN...s.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=125367

Have we seen this car on ebay yet...?:lol