GT 1/4 mile today!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I took my car out to Englishtown NJ again last night. Got the launch down a little better and did a 10.789 @ 132.69, 1.90 RT. I was invited up to race control and told I would need a full cage, 6 pt harness, fire suit, gloves, neck brace and NHRA license if I wanted to run that time and speed again. I cant see fitting a cage, so I guess thats the end of my drag racing career. Too bad as I was starting to get into it.

Car has a Whipple, Ida exhaust & tune.

Good runs! Try Atco they will probably let you run there!

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
Nice numbers

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Took my GT out to the track today to see if I could put the car in the 10's on the stock factory tires, car has a Heffner tune and pulley and thats it! The weather was cold, low 40's and traction was decent but had issues with second gear shift traction on a couple of runs, one that was possible my best and I had to lift killing the run. Overall very pleased with the performance with all the runs in the mid 10's to 11.0 range with my best of 10.6 at 135.27.
Pretty good on the stock tires I think!:wink

Took GT to the dragstrip with stock GY tires pulley/tune/Borla/93 octane,

1st pass ever with the GT > 10.845 at 135.10mph > 1.948 60'
2nd pass >>>>>>>>>>>>> 10.819 at 136.23mph > 1.888 60' (spun in 2nd)

Lebanon Valley Dragway, did not say anything about a rollcage but I was told to wear a firejacket....
I have raced at the Lebanon many times with a 6sec ProMod car and it is always about .04-.08 slower then most other tracks
(Englishtown-New England Dragway-Maple Grove PA -Norwalk OH) etc.
Also 60' times where not bad,(for 1st time out) but need to be in the 1.7s and I feel I can get the car to run mid to low 10.60s All in all not a car for dragracing but nice to know what you got under the seat of your pants when someone is foolish enough to think thay can beat you...:biggrin

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia

Lebanon Valley Dragway, did not say anything about a rollcage but I was told to wear a firejacket....
I have raced at the Lebanon many times with a 6sec ProMod car and it is always about .04-.08 slower then most other tracks
Also 60' times where not bad,(for 1st time out) but need to be in the 1.7s and I feel I can get the car to run mid to low 10.60s All in all not a car for dragracing but nice to know what you got under the seat of your pants when someone is foolish enough to think thay can beat you...:biggrin

Thats some strong MPH and good ET as well! You have a pulley and tune? How much boost are you making? Nice Driving!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thats some strong MPH and good ET as well! You have a pulley and tune? How much boost are you making? Nice Driving!

Agreed !

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA

Don't quote me but I think it's 15psi + (maybe 15.7psi)

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Don't quote me but I think it's 15psi + (maybe 15.7psi)

I would also like you know from other GT owners that have run there cars down the 1/4 mile, At what rpm did you shift at in all gears and what rpm did you go thru at the end
Thanks

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
what tire pressure are you guys running in the gy tires?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Wow! Great driving!

The thing about the GT is not many people are ever going to drag race them so we'll probably never really know the limits, but every once in a while it's good to see some killer times. These are incredibly capable cars with very little done, and it doesn't change the feel of the car in the least.