GREETINGS!!!......(From a New Owner!!!)

JWL

GT Owner
Sep 24, 2008
Newcastle, CA
Greetings and Salutations to all from a longtime GT fan and NEW OWNER!

I've been observing the Forum (lurking) for some time now gathering up information prior to the purchase of my GT, and have found it to be a very informative and entertaining group. Thank you for the information you have provided, and for the ideas that have been shared (upgrades, enhancements, personal touches, etc.). :cheers

My GT is a 2005 (#1914) Black / Silver Stripes with all options. I picked her up on September 12th from a good friend (and fellow car addict) located in Shadowman's back yard (almost literally). Thank you D.H. for the "Test Drive", for the purchase opportunity, and for parting with her. :thumbsup

The only improvements made to her so far were the installation of the transmissions oil cooler, replacement of the axle bolts, replacement of the air bag (button blemishes), and installation of a clear bra.

Like some (but not all) of you, I had thought that owning a GT was nothing more than a long and abusive pipe dream, but things came together at the right time and, voilla, she be mine! Since I got her home I've been in her and under her on the rack (....that would be the lift in the garage - and thank you to Shadowman for that referral on the lift). I've found myself spending hours admiring the engineering and design detail from every angle. The more I look, the more I enjoy what I see, and the more I look. It really is a sickness!

Driving her is yet another sensory amazement. The responsiveness of her engine, her handling, the view of the supercharger in the rear view mirror.... what a rush! I don't know if the radio works but I'm sure that's nice too. I've owned and driven several nice cars over the years, but overall the GT outshines them all and has set a new highwater mark for my automotive experiences.

I will be adding some touches to my GT in time, but for now I just want to enjoy the moments in the sun with her and my wife (without who's support and encouragement I wouldn't be a GT Owner).

Livin' The Dream.

:cool
Jim

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations and welcome to the site! :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Congrats, Jim!

Uuuuuuuuh...have you taken a folding chair out to the garage & set it up beside the car yet?! :lol

(You will!)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome,
Be sure to register to AWSUM GT's CALIFORNIA REGISTRY and above on the site registry.
Going for a ride this afternoon,... headed for the foothills...
First taste of Fall in the air here in Fresno, have a long sleve shirt on...
Cheers,
daniel

H

HHGT

Congrats. It won't be long before you'll start thinking of a sibling. Cheers!

JWL

GT Owner
Sep 24, 2008
Newcastle, CA
Where might I find the California Registry???
Thnx.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Send an email to :"Jerry A. DeYoung" <jad@deyoungproperties.com>
It is off line, give Jerry the details on your car, including vin number and on yourself and he will add you to his excel sheet. This is private data for us California owners to reach out and contact one another.
Cheers,
daniel

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congratulations!! Post of some pics of your new babe!!

JWL

GT Owner
Sep 24, 2008
Newcastle, CA
Congratulations!! Post of some pics of your new babe!!

Smile for everyone!!!

Attachments

• GT Nose.jpg
    GT Nose.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 289

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Geez, don't you ever wash that thing?????? C'mon man!!!

Oh wait, it's my monitor! :lol Beautiful. :thumbsup Enjoy it in good health!! :cheers

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Congrats.......it's a great colour choice.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations And Welcome !! :cheers Start saving for another one !! :lol

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Congratulations and welcome to the site! :cheers

were going to be my exact words

im not very talkative either :lol

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
To quote John McClane..."Welcome to the party pal!!!!" :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
WELCOME ABOARD !!! You now get to enjoy the full ride experience !!
If your in Shadowmans neighborhood your in good hands !!!
You will notice he says "takes care " He means it !!!

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Congrats on the car!

If you're excited about the design and engineering, goto the next rally...you'll sh*t your pants. You'll hang out with the guys who designed/built it and get to know all the great peeps on this forum.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Beautiful car, Congrats!:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome and congratulations! :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Here's to the Regiment!

Welcome to the ranks of the most amazing automobile owner group in existence. I have found my fellow GT Forum members to be even more entertaining than the car itself. Your FGT is only half of the Ford GT experience. I encourage you to take advantage of all this Forum has to offer and I look forward to meeting you. Welcome aboard! :cheers

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jim,

Welcome to the CLAN.:thumbsup

Just remember, these machines are meant to driven, so you now must do your part.:biggrin

:cheers