• Yes, and I didnt use any charger > 15 days

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
From an actuarial warranty incidence perspective, its small (58/4038).

From a personal perspective, its infuriating.

But, not getting an accurate count is worse.

Above values: 58 in a 'total sample size' of 4038 = 3.6 Sigma (corresponding to 14,363 ppm) in the current 6 Sigma or "zero defect" target environment.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
This may or may not be significant but I thought I'd throw it in anyway..... over in the UK we look after around 100 to 120 cars. So far I've seen 1 gauge failure only (boost) in 5 years of taking care of GTs. Whilst we have a different mains voltage here (240v) I'm not sure if this could be related in any way.

Dave

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Any updates?

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
During this past winter (and only 1 time last winter 2009-2010), where I often had 1-3 weeks between starts, I had some gauges, especially the boost gauge, that did not engage initially upon starting the car. After pushing on and off the ignition a couple of times, it would finally engage. Well, for the first time, I decided to use my OEM trickle charger...and since using it, I have had 0 problems. Car fires up right away, even after sitting for 2-3 weeks at a time, and all of my gauges start up nicely...so, no current issues.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Maybe this has already been addressed, but is the problem happening only with the OEM Optima battery?
Mine was doing the same thing as Cyclenirvana and Shelby advised me to immediately change to the Platinum Diehard, which I did today.
The kid at Sears told me that the Optima didn't take a charge as easily as a conventional battery, so maybe that has some correlation to the problem. But he was just a kid...right?

Seems this only became an issue when the cars got 4-5 years old...and admittedly most of our cars do sit around uncranked for weeks at a time.
Maybe the trickle charge isn't enough for the optima and there is some kind of power flux that kills the gauges...
Or maybe I'm an idiot...

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Bump

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Kayvan, there is no point in bumping these threads.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sorry man

Wanted to merge all gauge threads like you did on half-shafts so we
can have master thread

Makes it seem like isolated issue v. Dozens of threads