garage info

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
GT38 - You've got to get me a copy of those photos from the 'cherry picker'! Fantastic shots. That was a fun afternoon. We'll have to do it again when it cools down.

Next PHX meet is @ Chip's place I suppose!

Shane, I may have included those photos with the JR stuff I sent with Jeff to give you. In any case, I'll get you a disk soon. (but you've got to give me some Monterrey pics! :biggrin)

Things got a little crazy, and I don't think I adequately said thanks for having us over last May - IT WAS GREAT! :cheers

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Never enough

No matter how big you build it will never be big enough.

I have a 40x60 with 12'6" ceilings. Across the back row I have four -four post lifts and one two post lift. Floors are epoxied. I have three doors - two 16' and one 12' in the middle. When I first bought the building My dream was to have a show case garage. The dilema is - if its a show case you cant work in it properly and if its a work shop you cant park your babies in it without getting everything dirty. Also by the time that I got all the lift s intalled to increase capacity it looks so crowded that the "show" quality of it is pretty well diminished. I have a capacity of 16 cars Back row f on top and five below, front row six across. I installed all the requisite air lines, power, reels etc but it has a confused identity. I think that what I I really need is one garage for finished cars and one for working on projects and a seperate for storage of whells tires parts etc. They need to be seperate buildings. In the show garage I would not double stack. it looses too much asthetic.

Attachments

• garage camera.jpg
    garage camera.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01586.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 125

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
No matter how big you build it will never be big enough.

I have a 40x60 with 12'6" ceilings. Across the back row I have four -four post lifts and one two post lift. Floors are epoxied. I have three doors - two 16' and one 12' in the middle. When I first bought the building My dream was to have a show case garage. The dilema is - if its a show case you cant work in it properly and if its a work shop you cant park your babies in it without getting everything dirty. Also by the time that I got all the lift s intalled to increase capacity it looks so crowded that the "show" quality of it is pretty well diminished. I have a capacity of 16 cars Back row f on top and five below, front row six across. I installed all the requisite air lines, power, reels etc but it has a confused identity. I think that what I I really need is one garage for finished cars and one for working on projects and a seperate for storage of whells tires parts etc. They need to be seperate buildings. In the show garage I would not double stack. it looses too much asthetic.

I love your garage! but you are right about never enough, you have to sell some cars. start with the fox body........... how much?:biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Here is a shot of one small section of my garage... front cover of the current issue of Viper Magazine...

deyoung_viper_pit_1_9_.jpg

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I love your garage! but you are right about never enough, you have to sell some cars. start with the fox body........... how much?:biggrin

Blasphemy you speak!!! Evil Evil man!

I have two fox bodies. an 88 and a 94. They were the cars that I fixed up for my sons when they were in high school. One day they'll be extremely grateful that I've held onto them all these years.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
PremierGarage.com

Gentlemen,

Crisp, clean & simple. Premier Garage floor coatings are non slip, indestructable, and very beautiful. Wall mounted cabnets, work bench, and organizers. Check out their website - http://www.premiergarage.com/

I love my garage! :thumbsup

Chip

Attachments

• Garage 1.jpg
    Garage 1.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Garage 2.jpg
    Garage 2.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 125
H

HHGT

Gentlemen,

Crisp, clean & simple. Premier Garage floor coatings are non slip, indestructable, and very beautiful. Wall mounted cabnets, work bench, and organizers. Check out their website - http://www.premiergarage.com/

I love my garage! :thumbsup

Chip

Chip, what color is the epoxy and what did you use for flakes?

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hey, some of these are very nice garages. So in addition to CF upgrades I need to add remodel of my garage.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Premier Garage floor colors.

Chip, what color epoxy is this?

It's actually 5 colors. A light brown base coat is rolled onto the bare concrete and then while it's still wet the entire surface is covered about 1/8 inch deep with 5 different colored chips (white, tan, dark brown, light brown, & black) Once the floor is dry, all of the excess chips that are not stuck to the floor are vacuumed up and then a clear coat is rolled on top. The result is a slightly textured non slip coating that won't absorb anything and is impervious to everything. Oil, gas, anti-freeze, solvents, whatever, can sit on it for months and then just wipe right up with a spray of Windex. My floor is several years old and my CJ-5 and Cobra leaked every fluid imaginable onto it where it sat for months before I cleaned it. Everything came right up! It's so hard that my Harley-Davidson kick stand doesn't even scratch it. It's not cheap and can only be applied to bare concrete so if your floor is already painted it will have to be stripped first. But it's great stuff and will probably save you money in the long run. Many different colors are available.

Chip

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
You will definately need your own personal GT Race Track in the garage along with some other cool things! Also go to my profile page and get some more ideas. There are 2 pages of cool stuff.

Attachments

• boston pictures 031.jpg
    boston pictures 031.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 120
  • boston pictures 029.jpg
    boston pictures 029.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Photo Shoot & Party 2008 008.jpg
    Photo Shoot & Party 2008 008.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 120

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Premier Garage Floors..the best

Chip is correct, premier floors are the best,,,,,

Attachments

• CIMG0384.jpg
    CIMG0384.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 139
  • CIMG0389.jpg
    CIMG0389.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 140

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Blasphemy you speak!!! Evil Evil man!

I have two fox bodies. an 88 and a 94. They were the cars that I fixed up for my sons when they were in high school. One day they'll be extremely grateful that I've held onto them all these years.

lucky kids!!, thats what I grew up in as well, got my first fox body right after high school, (I couldnt drive in high school) it was a 1988 white gt with red interior, speed density car, it got stollen and then I bought a black 91 LX 5.0. I sold it after I finished school and have regreted it ever since, so from then on I have not sold any of my cars other than daily drivers. I wouldnt sell the fox bodies either.:thumbsup i will buy another one some day! :biggrin

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Here is a shot of one small section of my garage... front cover of the current issue of Viper Magazine...

deyoung_viper_pit_1_9_.jpg

wow! any more pics of the AWSUM garage??? :cheers:cheers