ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The source.

What exactly are you using? Do you have a link where one can source local installer/distributor information?

Chris,

The source is PremierGarage.com and they have shops nationwide.

Chip

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris,

Chip

Thanks Chip. I just sent the closest rep an email.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Anyone tried the rubber rolled coin flooring?.

I have an epoxy, but mine still leaves the brown marks from the tires after sitting. They said hot tires would not lift it and that is true, but they forgot to mention the brown spots.

I had the same problem in my old garage with the VCT tiles put down in the 80's. Never had one come off. The VCT held up better than expected but they where checker and the brown on the white made it look yellow even after a strip.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone tried the rubber rolled coin flooring?.

I have an epoxy, but mine still leaves the brown marks from the tires after sitting. They said hot tires would not lift it and that is true, but they forgot to mention the brown spots.

I had the same problem in my old garage with the VCT tiles put down in the 80's. Never had one come off. The VCT held up better than expected but they where checker and the brown on the white made it look yellow even after a strip.

I have rubber coin flooring in one of my garages. It works just fine. I prefer the look of Chip's new floor though.

LONEWATTE

GT Owner
Dec 7, 2006
West Palm Beach,Fl
garage tiles

I wanted tiles that would look good with the car. I chose 1/8" vct.

Attachments

• DSCN4748.jpg
    DSCN4748.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 346

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I installed 2x2 ft Grigot's Garage industrial strength black and whie marble ties in my floor, couldn't be happier. 5000 sq.in. resistance, polish right up, easy to clean.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
That blue and white looks good:thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Learn how to drive a GT and get your floor done at the same time.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._-18-_-UltimateCarRacerExperience_BCEmail_200

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
How cool is that?......You can get anything at costco. Just wild. A bit to pricey IMO. But sure would like 3 days in someone elses GT to pound around a track.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Garage Flooring

Chris,

Chip

Next Fri. Premier will do the floors in my 2 garages and I'm very pleased so far with the So. Cal. OC Company. The look is much like granite and it should be a forever floor....I'll post finished pics. after Fri. Thanks again Chip..This Forum is the greatest.....George:thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I am looking into www.racedeck.com

BTW, everyone's garage looks great in this thread. Congrats!

dikran

GT Owner
Aug 11, 2006
Birmingham, MI
Actually, I'm now leaning toward the costco product in black and white - especially since I own a black, no center stripe FGT. It should accent the car well.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Did anyone notice Kip Ewing posted on the thread with what looks like a smoking Valencia orange machine in his garage?

HELLO KIP! :cheers

Is that a GTX1?

Last edited:

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Hey Mk2

Yep, that's the prototype GTX1.

Mark and I did the last bit of fab work at my home shop before SEMA.
He tells the whole story in the DuPont suppliment.

If anything strays into the garage, it usually gets altered pretty severely.
If an R8 gets too close, it won't stand a chance....

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Hey Mk2

Yep, that's the prototype GTX1.

Mark and I did the last bit of fab work at my home shop before SEMA.
He tells the whole story in the DuPont suppliment.

If anything strays into the garage, it usually gets altered pretty severely.
If an R8 gets too close, it won't stand a chance....

I can't wait to see an R8 out of your garage!

Kip, let me be the first to publically thank you (on this thread) for such wonderful cars in the Ford GT and GTX1! Thank you :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
My pastor (car guy) sent me that suppliment a few weeks ago and it was really cool! Welcome to the forum Kip! :thumbsup

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Premier Garage Floor, Done.....

I have a killer floor that was put down by Premire Garage. They did my garage cabnets as well. It's not tiles or epoxy but a speckled 3 color super hard coat of something and it's tough as nails. I have spilled oil, gas, and solvent/carb cleaner on it and everything wipes right up. It's a non skid finish and you need to see it to really appreciate how good it looks. It needs to go on bare concrete so they had to grind the epoxy that was already on my floor off and that took two days. Check out their website listed above. Here's a photo of my garage floor. Hell with the cars,everybody that sees my garage floor loves it.:thumbsup :biggrin :thumbsup

Chip

The floor is complete. Thanks Chip. I'm very satisfied and recomend Premier all the way.....:thumbsup

Attachments

• Premier%20Garage%20+%20Bar%20006.jpg
    Premier%20Garage%20+%20Bar%20006.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 248
  • New%20Garage%20Floor%20009.jpg
    New%20Garage%20Floor%20009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 233
  • New%20Garage%20Floor%20016.jpg
    New%20Garage%20Floor%20016.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 246
  • New%20Garage%20Floor%20014.jpg
    New%20Garage%20Floor%20014.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 377
  • New%20Garage%20Floor%20017.jpg
    New%20Garage%20Floor%20017.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 258

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Looks fantastic! I too will be using Premier as well.
Thanks for sharing the pic's.

Manny #1418

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I do think the pro's are the way to go.

I recently did mine with a product similar to, but not u-coat it. I was waiting for the GT to arrive and just decided to do it one weekend on a whim. The stuff looked great and still does except where you park. It leaves brown tire marks even after 90 days.

I keep moving the cars around for various projects and now it looks like poop. I called the company and they spent an hours with excuses and everything I could have done wrong. I finally got to a supervisor and he said the paint was not drying hard enough. He suggested I clean it again, sand it and re-coat the brown spots, then go over it with their clear coat product. Which he agreed to pay for along with all the other products used. The stuff was cheap enough, it's the time that you can't get back. I may tray a couple spots to see if is solves the problem, but am pretty close to giving up on the DIY part.

George I would like to talk to your guy. We are real close maybe you can shoot me a PM with his number. Maybe you can get a referral bonus to buy more cool GT stuff with.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks great George! I gotta see the 435hp Big Block in person!:wink