Found the White & Orange GT

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
No,when it finally did cross my mind and I inquired about it,i was told it had been sold.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yes the workmanship was pretty good,I'd rate it a 9 out of 10 as far a workmanship goes.I also looked at it very carefully and only noticed a small area on the nose cone where they had sanded or buffed through the orange stripes and down to the white,although i have seen similar on untouched garage queens.It had crossed my mind after buying my car to have a "driver"and absolutely love the all white examples:thumbsup:wink and since they are so rare this would be a perfect example to save so to speak.Joe

I talked to the original owner at C&C for quite some time. He swore the car was the original white paint and only the Orange had been added. As a few of you know, all I did for a living was color correcting and color management for almost 30 years and I swear the white didn't look stock.:skep:. So spent some time looking the car over for a sign of a repaint and discovered white paint all over both door entry key mechanisms and in some of the air ducts, like they forgot to mask it off. :frown
I'm not trying to be controversial, provocative or hurt feelings but the original owner was adamant about wanting to hide the fact the car was a complete repaint.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
This is just my opinion, but color choice is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Saw this GT several times online at the dealer who shall not be named (okay, I read all the Harry Potter books :wink) before I bought mine and it did not strike me as bad as the burnt orange corvettes and the orange and lime green lambo's. These cars are not for me, but they keep making them so someone must be buying.

That said this orange/white GT owner accomplished one thing. He made a unique car that is still getting talked about well past his ownership. And we all love something a bit flashy and unique. While it may not be for me :thumbsup:thumbsup to the orange whip GT. :cheers

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The car was originally White / Blue stripes. Like Steve said it could have been an entire repaint. But overall it was pretty well done, just not my bag as is..

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I talked to the original owner at C&C for quite some time. He swore the car was the original white paint and only the Orange had been added. QUOTE]

I too talked to the owner at C&C last year and looked the car over waiting for the Saleen store to open. The white was not the original FGT white. I agree with SteveA.

The then owner told me he wanted the car to be unique and said the original paint on the car was poor. He made it perfect....

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim
Last I saw the FGT in question was in an ad from a banned dealer in NY.

How is the paw doing?
Cheers,
Daniel

That's the last place I saw it. Apparently someone bought it?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
That's the last place I saw it. Apparently someone bought it?

Tim the car was sold and is now MIA. Someone mentioned to me that they thought it went overseas (purely speculation of course).

When Jeff and I walked the car we both saw what Steve saw. The car was unique and quiet well traveled since after Rally 2 and within just a few months it went cross country and was handed around at least three dealers until landing at X dealer for almost 7 months.

I made several reasonable offers that where refused ... they wanted close to market on the car. From memory there where also a couple of issues that needed to be solved .. perhaps from the dismantle for the repaint.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I talked to the original owner at C&C for quite some time. He swore the car was the original white paint and only the Orange had been added. As a few of you know, all I did for a living was color correcting and color management for almost 30 years and I swear the white didn't look stock.:skep:. So spent some time looking the car over for a sign of a repaint and discovered white paint all over both door entry key mechanisms and in some of the air ducts, like they forgot to mask it off. :frown
I'm not trying to be controversial, provocative or hurt feelings but the original owner was adamant about wanting to hide the fact the car was a complete repaint.
You are probably right.I looked it over carefully but not as carefully as i would have if I was looking to purchase it.(Did not open the doors,clamshell or hood).At the time the car was there for only a short period and they were still asking top dollar for it so it never crossed my mind.A total repaint would also be more plausible after seeing the area where they burnt through the orange stripe as there was no blue under the orange and only white which is what made me think it had originally been a stripe delete white car .Boy they did almost paint everything on the car white though,even the wipers LOL.

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
I like the colors, but can't understand why they painted the grill, front splitter, and side ground effects white. They make the car look too "fat". Not sure I would have painted the headlight buckets either.