Found On Road Dead...

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
It certainly wont hurt to try, its not a ford item. Its actually an outside vendor which provides it for ford which is kinda bad in the sense that we dont have actual dates as to when stuff gets to us like if it was through ford. The fluid still isnt here, I talked to some of the parts guys to track it down and see when it will be here.
I do greatly appreciate the praise that I am recieving on here. Thank you very much, I think the difference between me and the next advisor is that I actually love cars and anything to do with cars in general. I may not have the income to afford a GT but I will have my lightning soon enough. Myself and Brian take pride in what we do, but even we differ in certain areas. He is a bit more conservative and I am a bit more on the wildside with my bikes and stuff like that. But in the end we both try and provide the best service that we can give to each customer wether its a GT or a regular ford customer that pulls up. Ive honestly made more friends at the dealer that I keep in touch with on a regular basis than by just hangin out at local meets and stuff. You just have to know how to read a person and their vehicle and you will be alright. As I stated before I am no longer in service but the office is still only 10 feet away from me and its yelling distance to Brians office. And Im always here if anyone has a question or a need to set it up with the dealer and tech for any repairs. The way I see it, its my car till you pick it up :) so I have to watch it that way. Again I do apologize that the fluid isnt here for your GT but Ill chat with Brian again and see what we can do to track it down, and Joe isnt here today which is a bit out of my hands. But well get you squared away. Superb all you need is the alignment and you are set.

Jose

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I don't need the wheels aligned, just the steering wheel straight. Hope they can do that without messing up the alignment :wink I had terrible problems with alignment of my corvette, after 3 years I sold it and it still was out of alignment.

More praise to come if my baby comes back 100% :cheers

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
I dont forsee it as being a problem, it better not be a problem. Simple adjustments to be made and you should be on your way. I may show up at towers tonight if I get some free time. So if a tall kid on a black and red 05 gsxr1000 pulls up its just me :wink

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
The rear end fluid will be here later today 2-10-06. And we will be getting a stock order of the fluid that will be released from Ford on February 28th. So we will have a limited amount of the fluid onhand from now on. We also have a few cases of the motorcraft full synthetic 5w50 oil for the GT on hand as well.

I miss service in all honesty, but Im still very involved in it since its only a few feet away from me and I still handle alot of cars even though they arent under my name here. So although I am not directly involved with service I am still a major player in the game as far as SVT and other specialty vehicles go.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Great, anxious to pick her up, it's been 48 hours since I went for a drive. This is worse than giving up cigarettes.

Come say hi when I pick her up.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol actually you should come say hi, shes parked right in front of me most of the time under the canopy where you left her. Its the only safe place thats open for nicer cars since reg custs cant park there and its blocked off.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Superb your can is finished as of 4:10 pm today. Come get your baby out of here lol.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SuperB said:
Great, anxious to pick her up, it's been 48 hours since I went for a drive. This is worse than giving up cigarettes.

Well, lets see 20 days since I've driven it, 16 days at the dealership out of 30 days of ownership. Frankly, I'm over the car. Depending on the results of the boat show, I'm probably going car shopping afterwards...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
easy & stop whining - you are getting the best of the best...

abolfaz aka Mike,
having an exotic car means some exotic patience needs to come with it.. It's simply not easy to deal with outrageous unusual issues at an instant.. Given the ambitious development and overall scope of the (very limited) GT program, you need to give people - trying honestly their best here- a break. You have been very, very unlucky, and we all feel for you... But I start to feel you are taking yourself a bit too primadonna.. Shit happens, fine... And, if people even start to pull parts off the assembly line to get your baby back on the road, what can you ask for more ? Trust me, I know what Ferrari and lamborghini actually deliver if you have a problem, it's not more that sit tight and wait... What I have seen as real passion for the GT from the few serious people that deal with my (and your car), I can't say they are second to none, maybe buy a few other supercars to be less dependent (I know this sounds like an asshole comment, buit it is actually from real life experience)... look, life on mainstreet is different (and more easy), but that is not what the type of supercars we are moving around is all about...
I thin you should go for a boatride, and next week all is great..stop being such a wuss, buddy.. - You know whT i HAD TO DEAL WITH WITH PANTROPIC, FOR MU 2800 HP CATS TO BE SWEET ? ... be real, buddy. the more light, ther more shadow, as my grandpa always said...

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I sort of agree with SLF360 about being patient on a supercar, but it's been weeks and he's only waiting on Fluid. I know it's not the dealers fault, they are trying hard, but You'd think someone somewhere whould have some fluid stashed away for warranty issues.

The dealer has indicated that they hope to order extra fluid in the event this happens to anyone else. The way things are going, they may be the prefered service dealer in south florida and need lots of spare stuff. As far as I know, everyones starting to take their GT to Maroone FT Laud.

Good idea for them to really take care of GT owners, they could be the dealer we all buy our GR1/GR2/GT500 or whatevers from.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SLF360 said:
You know whT i HAD TO DEAL WITH WITH PANTROPIC, FOR MU 2800 HP CATS TO BE SWEET ? ... be real, buddy. the more light, ther more shadow, as my grandpa always said...

Don't get me started with Cat or Pantropic. My 61 line has been shutdown because they took back the two pairs of c-32's I had on the floor for the crank recall and the c-32 Acerts that were supposed to be delivered in August are sitting in the miami shop waiting for new cylinder heads since all the acerts have been cracking heads and manifolds. All in all 3 61' boats sitting dead w/o motors and me sitting on my hands since last spring.

As far as the car is concerned, one of the reasons I purchased this car was to get away from the "exotic" car problems, I thought that since it was a ford I wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense wait for parts.

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
abolfaz said:
Don't get me started with Cat or Pantropic. My 61 line has been shutdown because they took back the two pairs of c-32's I had on the floor for the crank recall and the c-32 Acerts that were supposed to be delivered in August are sitting in the miami shop waiting for new cylinder heads since all the acerts have been cracking heads and manifolds. All in all 3 61' boats sitting dead w/o motors and me sitting on my hands since last spring.

As far as the car is concerned, one of the reasons I purchased this car was to get away from the "exotic" car problems, I thought that since it was a ford I wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense wait for parts.
Mike,
I feel for you. really. Now all we can do is wait until the damn Fluid arrives... If I am not wrong, you'll be cruising Monday evening.. :thumbsup On the road that is. Don't ask me for anything in relation with Pantropic. I almost strangled their management last time, my skipper wanted to take their tech hostage in the engineroom, until the things were running...

I think Maroone really feels for us and sees it their ambition to be the best point for GT'lers. I think Mike Devan is setting up the right inventory for service items. That will again be good for everyone, as for them it is prestige and reference, and for us it means best possible support for future issues, servie, or competently done mods.. And the more they see, the more they become the experienced experts (but Joe is great guy anyhow already, I think)

Stefan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am really impressed with Jose's posts, it is super to have him aboard. Hope we can find a 'Jose' here in Fresno. We darn sure have enough GT's in town.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol thanks bony, if I lived out there in cali Id be doing the same thing as here. Its just for the most part easy for me to get along with people. Being in service one thing that I came here with that they dont teach you at the dealer is to just be straight up. I was a hotel manager before for hilton hotels and being honest will get you just about out of anything. Being in service if you tell someone up front hey your cars not ready for these reasons they may get upset but atleast you didnt lie to them. Karma is a mutha that way. Id rather just be up front and keep a clean slate. Superb man your car looks great with the stickers on it now.

And Adolf your car has the fluid in it as of 10:15 am this morning, Joe took it for a spin to make sure nothing is wrong with it and then hes gotta give it a once over before we say its all done.
The fluid for the rear ends will be here hopefully at the end of the month for stock, as well as more of the 5w50 motorcraft full synthetic oil for the GT. Bit by bit we are starting to show that we need parts for the GT in stock. Mike Devan being the great GM that he is is authorizing us to stock up on parts for you guys. It will just help us out in the end.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Abolfaz your GT is done, see my other post in regards to the tranny issue for what we came up to be the only "logical" answer. Seems to work for me but take a look at it anyways.

FYI all my bikes have done the same thing when going from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 1st, but if you are on it hard they dont make a peep.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hey, before he picks it up, make sure they checked that Radiator Hose :biggrin

Abolfaz, let's go crusin' tonight.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol that was already done my friend :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
And, was there not someone here who told you they'd get it done and by tonight Mike is on his way again!? Abolfaz, go for it again ! :thumbsup

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol Stefan you were correct his whip is finished just needs to be picked up. Hope he still remembers how to drive it lol.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
mate, You are The Man ! Let's see ablofaz happy, we had to see him suffer for too long... Someone told me my Halfshaft bolts were misteriously missing since last week... Tell me this is not true !? :wink

Say hi to MikeD and Brian S... See you soon !