Found On Road Dead...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
abolfaz said:
Thanks Stefan, I'm getting the run around about the bolts. I can't see how these bolts are that hard to get. Regardless, the clock is ticking...
Mike, the bolts have arrived, your car has been deshitted, they ask forgiveness, and their best tech Joe has been assigned to do the works.

....so, relax.... :rofl

stefan

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
SLF360 said:
....so, relax.... :rofl

stefan

Thanks again stefan, the car has been there for 10 days, so I hope I'll get it back on monday. Although the bolts have arrived we're not going to know if there is any internal damage until they put the car back together. Can the transmission internals rotate without getting damaged if the output shaft is out of the differential? Is the diff suspended on its own bearings or on the ouput shafts bearings?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Its been so long w/o the GT, do I really own one?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I have no idea what kind of influence Stefan has at this dealership, but today they called and told me that my car was inside, washed and had a cover on it. Its all back together, but theyre waiting for the gear oil which is on back order!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I think I saw that car at Maroone while droping off my Heritage

I had a problem with mine where the coolant hose explosivly disconnected. Fluid everywhere. Hope they get it fixed in time to go to Tower this Friday.

How come this forum does not have spell check?

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Dear Mike,
First off congrats on purchasing a great vehicle. Second off my name is Jose and I work with Brian at maroone ford. I was the head SVT guy in the service department but was promoted to collision for numerous reasons.

Im here to let you know that the bolts for your car were on backorder. We managed to pull some strings and have them pulled off the GT line and have em shipped to us directly. The bolts are one time use and thats it, they cannot be reused.

As far as the poop situation goes we have an abundance of birds here lol that are a bit crazy at times. The car was detailed along with Stefans car and are parked under the canopy blocked off by cones at the dealer. We are actually having it moved to indoor parking in the showroom and having it blocked off for you there since it will be safer that way. We are a very busy dealer and do try to make everyone happy, but being a GT owner you get perks (including parking in the showroom) that a regular customer would not get. Not to put anyone else down but it isnt worth putting such a car at risk of having someone ding it.

The halfshafts were not an issue due to your driving in anyway shape or form, although like I told Joe if you did break one I wanted to shake hands with you and congratulate you on doing so. Brian and myself do apologize for it taking so long but you should try and understand that we dont exactly have parts for a ford GT laying around. Just about everything is special order for the vehicles.

As far as the work goes it is not hard to diagnose and see where the problem was so we did not have to tear it down. Joe is an amazing tech and I can honestly say that I know there is no one out there as far as fords go that knows more than he does. He is a senior master tech, and is certified to work on the ford gt (try and find a dealer that has someone certified to work on a GT in south florida) and he is the "ONLY" one who will be working on your car.

As far as Brian pushing the accesories on the car for you I do apologize but he likes to see the vehicles modded up a bit from factory. The vehicle was inspected by Joe after putting all the bolts on and he went through the vehicle from front to back to ensure the same problem does not happen down the line. He cannot use air tools on the GT, everything has to be hand torqued to specs and it is a bit time consuming but he does not mind. He takes pride in what he does and likes to see the vehicle leave the dealer and not return for the same issue again. But we are trying to become the best dealer around for any repairs wether it is a mustang, lightning or the awesome Ford GT.

I may not be in service any longer but it is only 10 feet away from me. If there is anything that we can do for you or anyone else on this forum please feel free to contact me directly at 9594-390-6485. If you are in need of any mechanical work, collision work or high performance work feel free to email me or IM me and we can exchange #s. I will be more than glad to give anyone my cell # on here Im just not comfortable posting online in a public forum. But feel free to call me if you need anything and I mean "ANYTHING" and Ill do my best to make you happy and get the vehicle handled for you.

Our General Manager Mike Devan is a stand up guy as well as an enthusiast as Im I and we are here to make your experience at maroone ford a great one. So anything you guys need just call or email me and we will get it all taken care of for you. Also Brians direct work line is 954-390-6531 and again mine is 954-390-6485. If you need anything dont hesitate to call. We are a mod friendly dealer so just be honest with us and well be honest with you.

Jose

*edited for paragraph readability by admin*

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
And superB we are in the process of diagnosing your car. Joe has inspected all the shifter lines, and bolts for possibly being loose but has come up short. It is a bit time consuming seeing as how this is the first one hes delt with. The other issues will be handled after he is done with the main one which is the trans for you. Again if you have any questions feel free to call us anytime. It was nice meeting and chatting with you this morning. Your vehicle is also blocked off and locked up for you. Beautiful car btw and congrats on the baby, I myself have one on the way and Brian has his twins.

Jose

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
What a letter..makes me want tocome to Florida to have my GT serviced...I wish all the dealers took pride this guy does...well said.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
These guys at Maroone Ft. Lauderdale will be working on all South Florida GTs with this kind of service ethic and professional pride. It is a small community and word will definitely get around.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Thanks for the letter and thanks again Stefan for hooking me up with these guys. I'm glad the car is in good hands.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mod Friendly said:
Dear Mike,
First off congrats on purchasing a great vehicle. Second off my name is Jose and I work with Brian at maroone ford. I was the head SVT guy in the service department but was promoted to collision for numerous reasons.

Im here to let you know that the bolts for your car were on backorder. We managed to pull some strings and have them pulled off the GT line and have em shipped to us directly. The bolts are one time use and thats it, they cannot be reused.

As far as the poop situation goes we have an abundance of birds here lol that are a bit crazy at times. The car was detailed along with Stefans car and are parked under the canopy blocked off by cones at the dealer. We are actually having it moved to indoor parking in the showroom and having it blocked off for you there since it will be safer that way. We are a very busy dealer and do try to make everyone happy, but being a GT owner you get perks (including parking in the showroom) that a regular customer would not get. Not to put anyone else down but it isnt worth putting such a car at risk of having someone ding it.

The halfshafts were not an issue due to your driving in anyway shape or form, although like I told Joe if you did break one I wanted to shake hands with you and congratulate you on doing so. Brian and myself do apologize for it taking so long but you should try and understand that we dont exactly have parts for a ford GT laying around. Just about everything is special order for the vehicles.

As far as the work goes it is not hard to diagnose and see where the problem was so we did not have to tear it down. Joe is an amazing tech and I can honestly say that I know there is no one out there as far as fords go that knows more than he does. He is a senior master tech, and is certified to work on the ford gt (try and find a dealer that has someone certified to work on a GT in south florida) and he is the "ONLY" one who will be working on your car.

As far as Brian pushing the accesories on the car for you I do apologize but he likes to see the vehicles modded up a bit from factory. The vehicle was inspected by Joe after putting all the bolts on and he went through the vehicle from front to back to ensure the same problem does not happen down the line. He cannot use air tools on the GT, everything has to be hand torqued to specs and it is a bit time consuming but he does not mind. He takes pride in what he does and likes to see the vehicle leave the dealer and not return for the same issue again. But we are trying to become the best dealer around for any repairs wether it is a mustang, lightning or the awesome Ford GT.

I may not be in service any longer but it is only 10 feet away from me. If there is anything that we can do for you or anyone else on this forum please feel free to contact me directly at 9594-390-6485. If you are in need of any mechanical work, collision work or high performance work feel free to email me or IM me and we can exchange #s. I will be more than glad to give anyone my cell # on here Im just not comfortable posting online in a public forum. But feel free to call me if you need anything and I mean "ANYTHING" and Ill do my best to make you happy and get the vehicle handled for you.

Our General Manager Mike Devan is a stand up guy as well as an enthusiast as Im I and we are here to make your experience at maroone ford a great one. So anything you guys need just call or email me and we will get it all taken care of for you. Also Brians direct work line is 954-390-6531 and again mine is 954-390-6485. If you need anything dont hesitate to call. We are a mod friendly dealer so just be honest with us and well be honest with you.

Jose

*edited for paragraph readability by admin*

welcome Jose, have you thought about moving to Fresno?? we would welcome you with open arms. what they say about California girls is true :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mr Heritage

Brian,

if you want your car to go on Friday, no issue. They have most of your issues solved, although had to order some parts(window motor and regulator, speed stuff) they will double check your trans adjustment in the AM, when it is completely cold. If all goes well, they should have your car ready to go tommorow. If the trans adjustment didn't solve your problem, they will order in a trans, under warranty. :thumbsup

So relax, and enjoy Friday's meeting out. Maroone Ft.Lauderdale are really a solid recommendation !
Get to know the GM too, Mike is a great guy, and knows a lot about what we all like here..

stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Go and have a beer !

SuperB and Abolfaz,

to my best knowledge (hmm.. :wink .), it looks like you will both be clear to go to Towers this Friday night !!
...Ride it like a Ford...
(unfortunatley I can't be with you, but next time I'll be there we all go for a nice ride together I hope)

Have a beer on our community, trying to help each other wherever possible ....

I love this forum & it's members

ciao from italy

stefan

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Great news, and thanks.

abolfaz, if they can't get your fluid, I'll take you out for a ride so you don't forget how great the car is.

SLF360, thanks for all the updates, you've got the blue one with the Borlas that I saw? Make sure they check your radiator hoses and abolfaz hoses too. My GT was a terrible mess after the hose explosion.

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Superb, your car is getting its oil change right now its 12:13pm on thursday. Its I think 9 or 10 quarts of 5w 50 full synthetic oil (Im learning as we go here) and man is it a pain in the butt to actually do it. Honestly not suggested to do yourself at home unless you know your way around the car well. Stefans car sounds great BTW with the motorsports exhaust on it, I had one other gentleman dunno if hes on here named Ernie with a red GT that had the muffler and cat eliminators put on and that car also sounded real aggressive. Superb I was not here this morning due to being at the doctors with the misses and the baby on the way but you look like you will be ready to drive to towers tomorrow tonight. I may just show up since Im only a few minutes away from there and meet anyone else who may be there.

Jose

PS: the decal kit looks great on your GT

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Mod Friendly said:
Superb, your car is getting its oil change right now its 12:13pm on thursday...

And poor old me?

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Def not poor old you, Joe unfortunatly will not be here today but your GT I believe the oil is here finally. I have to check I just came in to work a few minutes ago.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
So mine is just getting the steering wheel straight?
Can't wait to see it with the numbers, never got the pictures Brian sent yesterday. No big deal, seems like my email is like that.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Mod Friendly Jose,

We all wish we had a Ford dealer service rep as knowledgeable and concerned as you are. You'll be the model as I search the local area here in northern VA when mine arrives!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Indeed, great job at (obvious plug) Maroone Ford Fort Lauderdale.
I certainly feel bad for abolfaz, but his baby is in good hands.

You think we can talk the dealer into puting a stash of fluid aside?