Ford Racing Exhaust

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sounds good to me Bill.....

Why didn't he just say that in the first place???
Must be newspeak.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It is a long way upstream for cat fragments to travel back into the engine. Can that really happen?

Aug 25, 2006
Sounds good to me Bill.....

Why didn't he just say that in the first place???
Must be newspeak.

I suspect that he is from Europe or ?

It is easy for us to assume that all on this forum are neighbors when in fact many are friends from far away

All the best

Shadowman

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
I think we are being punked here as well

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
Sorry for my English, I’m from Spain, DoctorV8 and Shadowman explained better than me, and don’t forget
Cat’s will your engine cost live!, I have already installed the performance muffler kit FRPP M-5230-GT, I order now the Cat Test pipes M-5230-GTX,
Have somebody do this combination and some experience! Because I hear that is necessary to deactivate the outgoing o2 sensor ?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"catalytic converters can fail, causing debris to be sucked back into the engine leading to catastrophic engine failure."

This actually happened to two people I know who drive (drove) modular motor V6 powered 2002 Mercury Cougars.

I echo Clinton's question, Doc. How the devil is that even possible (cat debris being sucked all the way upstream to the 'valves)? Seriously. Wouldn't that be in the same league as shoveling you-know-what against the tide???:shrug

(And, hey, ford.f1 - your English is better than my Spanish (or my Engish either for that matter)! Don't worry about it!

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sorry

ford.f1
My appologies! I though we were being punked by a spectator.
You have valid concerns and believe the technical comments already made hopefully answer your questions.
Welcome to our ownership family!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How about if I simply swapped out the stock muffler for the Ford GT Performance Muffler? Does that make a noticeable difference? Sorry I should have clarified that this is what I am actually considering...

a friend just did this swap and it wasn't loud enough for him.. X pipes are in between the Ford / Borla muffler and full headers..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Does anyone have the HP gains on just adding the X-pipe to the stock headers with Cats?
My concern with eliminating the cats are the flames. I watched a shiney GT go up in flames on the track when the driver acciddently hit the fob key and turned the ignition off then back on..Ka boom!:eek:eek and the flames caught the rear area on fire

My bumper delete can eliminate the fire issue...:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My bumper delete can eliminate the fire issue...:biggrin

Yes, indeed, as long as you don't shorten your exhaust tips.

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
I not look for more noise! But I like a good sound, priority is I look to reduce the thermal one so that the motor and mechanic goes well, if they leave more HP, perfect! And remember when the exhaust is to opened, you lose torque in the lower rpm!. And maybe bad vibrations in the engine compartment (car). That’s one of the reasons I take all original parts from Ford Racing! And hope he tested before!:thumbsup

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Cool Runnin`
You will like the Borla . Sounds healthy.Good luck.

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Cool Runnin loudness is what you expect to hear. From my experince hearing a stock car with the FFRP muffler was NOT much louder than stock. It was not for me as it was too quiet. At WOT it is louder by some but during general driving very little difference IMHO.

Ditto For me also! Shelby told me the FFRP was not much louder than stock, and he was, of course, right! I LIKE it though.....not much louder at idle, and somewhat more so as you get into the power band.....Perfect for me. I also appreciate the still rather significant weight savings, (which all after market exhausts contribute to one degree or another) and the LOOK! The tips are perfect, and it gives the car a much more polished appearance IMO.

You will be pleased, I think, unless you want a LOT more Ear candy!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Brad, you have me convinced, it will be the next mod on my car!!
John

ford.f1

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2009
Install the original FFRP Cat test pipes,than you will surprise!:thumbsup