Ford Racing 2005-06 Ford Gt Power Upgrade Package Finally Available @ $999.99!!!!!

garry seaman

GT Owner
Apr 29, 2006
I wonder if the Pro-Cal tool has a program option for the Borla exhaust with the new pulley? With the Borla headers the rear sensors need to turned off and the the car needs to be retuned.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Rich aka THE GT TECH now lives in Kingman. He knows the car inside and out, part of the original build team.

Rich is awesome. He did a bunch of work on three Boston area cars last summer. Great guy and knows the cars very, very well.

Daniel, Rob,

Thanks for the recommendation on Rich. Once I get home and have some time to play with the GT, I'll have to check on his availability. Nothing says "welcome home" like another 100 hp!

Best Regards,
jason

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Daniel, Rob,

Thanks for the recommendation on Rich. Once I get home and have some time to play with the GT, I'll have to check on his availability. Nothing says "welcome home" like another 100 hp!

Best Regards,
jason

Tru dat!

Just noticed your location. You've got a GT in Japan? You must be a god there :cheers

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Tru dat!

Just noticed your location. You've got a GT in Japan? You must be a god there :cheers

Any delusions of being omnipotent usually only come after large quantities of Red Bull and Grey Goose at the Kadena O'Club. :usa

I'm in Japan, but my gal is home in Arizona.

Best Regards,
jason

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Any delusions of being omnipotent usually only come after large quantities of Red Bull and Grey Goose .............. :usa

Ya, know that feeling of RB & Vodka.... Last time I tried that combo thought I could walk on water :eek(not) and also up a wall (not):cheers:rofl What a miserable day after :bored

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
The GT guys in CA?

Jason,
Rich aka THE GT TECH now lives in Kingman. Had dinner with our group. He knows the car inside and out, part of the original build team.
Hope all is well, stay safe and thank everyone for the great job you men and women are doing!
God Bless America,
daniel

Would anyone know if the GTGuys plan to be in the No. CA area any time soon?

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Jason,
Rich aka THE GT TECH now lives in Kingman.

Anyone have contact information? I live only 60 miles away and am afraid of every mechanic in this town.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Anyone have contact information? I live only 60 miles away and am afraid of every mechanic in this town.

Look up GT Tech in the Members section and send him a PM. He's on the site frequently so he'll get back to you.

Rob

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

mus385@aol.com
586-292-2788

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
According to Ford Racing it does not void your factory warranty as it is an authorized Ford part plus it has an EO Carb Number attached to it!

As long as its a Ford Product I wouldn't think so.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
what diameter pulley?

+1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This pack DOES effect your warranty.

Here is the warranty situation:

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.
  1. A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery (i.e, this is not applicable)
  2. A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty (is applicable to some but not all)
Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts. All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts. The use of Ford Racing parts and components is likely to increase horsepower which may cause damage to the vehicle driveline and adversely affect other performance characteristics. Such damage is the sole responsibility of the consumer and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.

The following limitations apply to the products covered by this Limited Warranty:
• The purchase invoice(s) may be required for submission of warranty claims.
This warranty does not cover vehicles that are used in off-road racing activities.

Obviously, nobody here is getting these parts installed when they are purchasing the vehicle new at a dealer.

So you HAVE to have the part installed at a dealer to have any kind of warranty protection (have fun with that), it is not covered if you use your car in any kind of track activity, and it appears it only covers the parts themselves. I can't see any other implication from the statement:

The use of Ford Racing parts and components is likely to increase horsepower which may cause damage to the vehicle driveline and adversely affect other performance characteristics. Such damage is the sole responsibility of the consumer and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.

One of my FRPP buddies is trying to get me the diameter today, but I'm thinking it's probably 3.0". I think the warranty bit is academic anyways because you aren't going to do anything detrimental to these motors with any of the pulleys people run. That said, I'd way rather have Rich and Dennis take off my supercharger and put on a new pulley than any dealership, even with 12 months of parts warranty.

They aren't kidding when they say "limited" warranty. Always read the fine print....

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
The Diameter is 2.884". I just called Ford Racing. They can not ship the pulley until they get an EO number. I think this will give it about 14lbs of boost.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Diameter is 2.884". I just called Ford Racing. They can not ship the pulley until they get an EO number. I think this will give it about 14lbs of boost.

I think the E.O number is listed on the FRPP site.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Great warranty post, Dave. I have to wonder what kind of feud it would be if engine damage did occur, and it was blamed on the cookie-cutter tune. I wonder who would be at fault, because it is in a way the fault of the tune that could have caused engine damage to begin with.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Great warranty post, Dave. I have to wonder what kind of feud it would be if engine damage did occur, and it was blamed on the cookie-cutter tune. I wonder who would be at fault, because it is in a way the fault of the tune that could have caused engine damage to begin with.

I doubt that the Ford FRPP tune would cause any damage. Ford has the most engineering data on the car and the tune has to live within Ford and CA CARB parameters. Probably the safest aftermarket tune out there. However, I doubt that it gets all the HP/torque out of the engine/pulley combinatation, choosing instead to leave a bigger safety margin.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I doubt that the Ford FRPP tune would cause any damage. Ford has the most engineering data on the car and the tune has to live within Ford and CA CARB parameters. Probably the safest aftermarket tune out there. However, I doubt that it gets all the HP/torque out of the engine/pulley combinatation, choosing instead to leave a bigger safety margin.
Very true indeed. I was just wandering away into the "What-If" scenario but I hear you.

these kits are shipping already....

I am not sure why Ford Racing saying they are not shipping. We already have them on order and shipping to our customers!

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9768

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The tune would have to be proved to be the cause of the failure to cause the denial of the warranty claim. This per Federal law.

My first cookie cuter tune was a pulley and tune from Heffner. I dyno'd at 602rwhp.

Now running a 21lbs Whipple tuned by Dustin Whipple. Car runs great and it is a very consservative grandmother tune.

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
I read the warranty post by DBK. The pulley is not covered under the warranty unless installed by the dealer, but does installing the FRP power package end the warranty on the motor and transmission?