Ford Racing 2005-06 Ford Gt Power Upgrade Package Finally Available @ $999.99!!!!!

m-2005-gt.jpg

Fits 2005-06 Ford GT
Approximately 100 hp increase
Kit includes supercharger pulley (sizing not released yet) and Pro-Cal tool with official Ford Racing calibration
Detailed instructions included (coming soon)
E.O. #D-231-26

If anyone needs more information on this or would like to order please let us know!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have to be the bozo to ask THE question. Does it affect the warranty?

According to Ford Racing it does not void your factory warranty as it is an authorized Ford part plus it has an EO Carb Number attached to it!

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
What is the diameter of the pulley? 2.76?

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
And only a thousand bucks. What a deal :ack

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
A thousand bucks is a bargain for a pulley, tune, EO number, etc.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A thousand bucks is a bargain for a pulley, tune, EO number, etc.

Agree.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Since it is a Ford part, can I get a Ford Dealer to install it?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What is an EO carb #
Thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
CARB = California Air Research Board - presumably the toughest air pollution standards within the US.

EO = Executive Order

In California, any modification to a motor vehicle that could potentially effect emissions is prohibited unless the modification has been tested and approved by CARB, proving that the mod does not increase pollutants. In these cases, CARB will issue a specific EO authorizing the change. Every other year when each car is tested for emissions, the testing facility must match any mods to the car with specific EO numbers or fail the car.

Reactions: Fubar

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
what diameter pulley?

Updated post with the information Ford Racing tech's gave us!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Kit includes supercharger pulley (sizing not released yet) and Pro-Cal tool with official Ford Racing calibration

If anyone needs more information on this or would like to order please let us know!

Two quick questions.

How does the Pro-Cal tool work?

How hard is it to swap the pulley?

Thanks,
Waldo

Waldo -

How does the Pro-Cal tool work? It will load the program through your vehicles OBDII port. It is a very simple procedure!

How hard is it to swap the pulley? It isn't the easist job to do however if you somewhat mechanically inclined, have some basic tools and have access to a press anyone can do the install.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You must remove the supercharger then pull off it's press fit pulley and press the new pulley on. Removing the Supercharger is strait forward and is easier to do if your remove the clamshell. Changing the pullies require special tools that you can rent from some speed shops. Since you are using the stock belt it can be left in place. It is my understanding is that you can tip the supercharger pointing the pulley downward to remove it and reverse the process to reinstall.

The supercharger has some pumbing and wires connected to it that will have to be removed. I did a Whipple install and the process is much the same, with the exception that I had to change the supercharger belt. However I didn't need to do a pulley swap.

I is best to have 3 people to remove the clamshell and a lot of tape to protect the paint. The other stuff can be done by yourself in most cases.

Reactions: Fubar

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Hmmm

m-2005-gt.jpg

Fits 2005-06 Ford GT
Approximately 100 hp increase
Detailed instructions included (coming soon)
E.O. #D-231-26

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Wow, $10.00 per hp - under warranty. Seems very appealing.
My local Ford dealer (Towne Ford) has a GT-trained tech. Should I trust them to do the install?
BlackIce, any opinion here?
And do you think this is the precursor to them releasing the long-awaited axle bolts?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Wow, $10.00 per hp - under warranty. Seems very appealing.
My local Ford dealer (Towne Ford) has a GT-trained tech. Should I trust them to do the install?
BlackIce, any opinion here?
And do you think this is the precursor to them releasing the long-awaited axle bolts?

I believe Towne Ford could do the install, but check with them about having pulley puller and press. Also I would confirm with them that it wouldn't void the warranty. Note that the install labor cost would raise the $10/hp number. My guess would be another $400 to $600 for the install. If you are considering having this done, you can schedule it at the same time as your new axle bolts.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm all over the Power Upgrade Package. The biggest unknown is whether I can find someone I trust to install it or resort to installing it myself. I generally like to do my own work, but there is something to be said for having a true professional work on your gal.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jason,
Rich aka THE GT TECH now lives in Kingman. Had dinner with our group. He knows the car inside and out, part of the original build team.
Hope all is well, stay safe and thank everyone for the great job you men and women are doing!
God Bless America,
daniel

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Jason,
Rich aka THE GT TECH now lives in Kingman. Had dinner with our group. He knows the car inside and out, part of the original build team.
Hope all is well, stay safe and thank everyone for the great job you men and women are doing!
God Bless America,
daniel

Rich is awesome. He did a bunch of work on three Boston area cars last summer. Great guy and knows the cars very, very well.

Rob