Ford GTs so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks for the opinions on the alcantara steering wheel, I was able to change mine to leather today through my Concierge this morning with no problems. I'm a little too old to drive around with gloves on. I did use gloves when I was 18-25 and racing our cars. Hope I'm not leaving myself open for a comment from Dr. Frank? Ha Ha

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm more suspicious why you have such sweaty palms?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I had alcantara seats on my DD for 6 years, No signs of wear, no sliding, looks great! Even on my new Focus RS!! However I agree would not like it on the steering wheel!!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I really like Alcantara in places like the headliner where it does not collect dust or get matted down. Would try to avoid it in other areas.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I prefer Alcantara as an interior material as long as you take care of it. But if you have an alcantara steering wheel, wear gloves.

Don't worry, on a $500K car, my passenger & I will be wearing latex exam gloves & a clean suit everytime we are inside it.

Ed

PS Heidi - no lattes in the NGT!!!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I want the interior, I just don't want another black car. Life is not a perfect world.

I stand ready to "help" you out with that car, with or without the Dark Energy interior!

Just let me know and I'll PM you my info! ;)

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Sorry, not sure how they are handling Euro stuff. Better to ask the tall man with the glasses.

Jim or Jay?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
What % of your drives do you expect to be joined by Heidi ?

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What % of your drives do you expect to be joined by Heidi ?

10% or less

Ed

Last edited:

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Each photo is my favorite, until I see the next photo! Posting these is making my selection choices easier. Thank you.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
OK so I watched the video, he states "8600bhp" !! So is that in metric? Is it British Horse Power? Obviously something is out of whack here. Even though I would love the car to have 8600 HP. Wonder what the TQ would be??!!

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
I like alcantara wheels and had one on my DD for years with no issues. I like the feel much better. I also prefer the alcantara dash since the racecars have them...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I like alcantara wheels and had one on my DD for years with no issues. I like the feel much better. I also prefer the alcantara dash since the racecars have them...

No wear on the wheel?

Years ago I drove a Gallardo spyder with an Alcantara steering wheel that lived in Florida and it was trashed.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Jim or Jay?

In that case, either one! There is a concierge based in the UK though as well.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
No wear on the wheel?

Years ago I drove a Gallardo spyder with an Alcantara steering wheel that lived in Florida and it was trashed.
The "fluffy"ness was worn smooth just in the thumb pocket area. I've seen some really "worn" wheels cleaned up and restored with a brush and proper cleaning. If you're a really sweaty guy and/don't have AC, then the leather might be a better option. It's a personal preference but I really like the feel of alcantara wheels.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
No wear on the wheel?

I've had bad experiences with Alcantara on steering wheels. No problems on seats, dash, etc.

I had an alcantera wheel in a previous car. It was amazing when new. It got pretty messed up after a year, I replaced it with another alcantara wheel because the dealer assured me that was not normal wear. Same problem. Eventually replaced that wheel with a leather wheel.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What is the functional advantage, if any, of Alcantara over cloth on the seating surface? Cloth is grippy.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I found alcantara more "grippy" than cloth in my Speciale.

Status
Not open for further replies.