Ford GTs so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
It changes alcantara to black leather on seat backs, dash, etc seat inserts become alcantara and adds extra exposed CF in the cabin. Gets the carbon door sills, carbon AC registers, carbon center tunnel. It's not listed online.

See pics here:

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/gall...7-ford-gt-rolls-off-the-line-in-canada/?im=20

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Another LR in background with standard wheels. Wonder if its the MP no stripe car, or another.

Attachments

• 277389_2017_Ford_GT.jpg
    277389_2017_Ford_GT.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 916

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Wow.... "They're Everywhere"..!!
This thread get better every hour.
andy (ajb)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Nice.

You can see the differences here. Dash, seat back surround, and the portion above the sill are black leather, seat insert is Alcantara, sill top is exposed CF, center tunnel area has increased CF, AC registers are exposed CF. The pillars and roof liner are Alcantara in all models. You can add leather steering wheel independently.

277403_2017_Ford_GT.jpg

277404_2017_Ford_GT.jpg

277405_2017_Ford_GT.jpg

277402_2017_Ford_GT.jpg

The steering wheel, IP area, door panels, floor, rear bulkhead, lower sill, seat brace between headrest and seatback, etc are exposed CF in all models, so no matter what there's a lot of visible carbon in there, structural or otherwise.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Any other off menu options you can share?

And, any options pricing info (publicly) available?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And, any options pricing info (publicly) available?

Ford won't be publishing a price list because of the nature of the ordering process. The concierge will communicate all the options prices directly. That said, the car is $450k. The white car as shown below from the Motor Trend pics would be just over $450k, so you don't "need" to load it up with a million options to get a truly stunning car. If you want to go nuts, you can get well above $500k. IMO, most will be between $450-510k, because a lot more people will skip stripes this time and the split between base and optional wheel will be much more even.

2017-Ford-GT-front-three-quarters.jpg

2017-Ford-GT-driver-side-view.jpg

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Are those shift light in the wheel? Thanks.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are those shift light in the wheel? Thanks.

Yes. Standard.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for those pictures Topnotch. I really like the leather on the dash. I have very limited experience with Alcantara. My 2014 GT500 has a little on the steering wheel. It doesn't seem like it would hold up over time. Can those of you who have lived with the stuff over many miles comment on durability, washability, etc?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have had it on a steering wheel, didn't last well. Maybe I didn't do the correct care. I personally will attempt to avoid it. But it sure looks cool.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It will not handle you're makeup well. Better get leather.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have it in my DD, front and back seats. I am not a fan.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thanks for those pictures Topnotch. I really like the leather on the dash. I have very limited experience with Alcantara. My 2014 GT500 has a little on the steering wheel. It doesn't seem like it would hold up over time. Can those of you who have lived with the stuff over many miles comment on durability, washability, etc?

I prefer Alcantara as an interior material as long as you take care of it. But if you have an alcantara steering wheel, wear gloves.

It's probably less appealing in a super humid climate that gets you sweating a lot.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I prefer Alcantara as an interior material as long as you take care of it. But if you have an alcantara steering wheel, wear gloves.

It's probably less appealing in a super humid climate that gets you sweating a lot.

and with kids crawling all over it..

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Have had it on a steering wheel, didn't last well. Maybe I didn't do the correct care. I personally will attempt to avoid it. But it sure looks cool.

Guys no fear there is a leather steering wheel option for $250.00. I went for it.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
The leather wheel option is the way to go for durability. Alcantara steering wheel will look good when new but like the elbows on an old suede jacket after some use. I can't understand why you can not get a full leather interior unless you order a Heritage. I think the interior design people missed the boat on this one. At $500,000 you would think that you would be able to get the seat finish that you want. The same people must have done the Shelby GT350 seats but at $65,000 it is not as big a deal. If they want to protect the Heritage leather option then just say you cannot order a black GT with a full leather Dark Energy interior unless it is a Heritage. I want the interior, I just don't want another black car. Life is not a perfect world.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Ford won't be publishing a price list because of the nature of the ordering process. The concierge will communicate all the options prices directly. That said, the car is $450k.

Inc tax and delivery?

In Europe how that translates nobody knows....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Inc tax and delivery?

In Europe how that translates nobody knows....

Sorry, not sure how they are handling Euro stuff. Better to ask the tall man with the glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.