FORD GT Rally DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
We can even get some of the owners to ship their GT to Detroit for around $2,500. How will you will get them to spend $15,000 or more on a DVD shoot. What am I missing.

Pipelion

Awesum,

Sponsors won't be the rally people. I'm talking about companies willing to put in money, in exchange for DVD ad placement and tax write offs.

This may be possible.

That way the DVDs expenses are covered.

Hope and Pray,

Pray and Hope,

Allan :biggrin

PS It could be two at $5k each or 10 at $1k each. Auto related companies.

This bunch of car people (Ford GT owners) is a select target, campanies would like to reach.

Pipelion

Possible Companies willing to kick in.

1. After market auto parts manufacturers. Tons of these to ask.

2. Tire companies

3. Auto insurance companies

4. Gas, oil, auto transport, storage, etc.

5. Not to mention RJ Nabisco (smokes) etc, who have been shut out of main stream advertizing and have millions to spend.

I know, we talk RJ Nabisco into giving us $40 million and we can tour the US for 4 years. Driving the Ford GTs everywhere all the time. :bs

Last edited:

Pipelion

Since we are still in the "just thinking stage". Can someone who knows the rally schedule, post each days event and times of each event, if this is finalized, on this thread?

Even close approximations if that's all we have. Time of day and lenght please.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Pipelion,

Here are a few additional ideas re: sponsorships...

1. You may also want to try & get sponsorship from companies dealing with performance upgrades & even throwing together a sponsorship proposal to any of the smaller companies that GT owners buy all their "extras" from. I don't know what the competition is, but they may want their name out there. We do this all the time in skydiving, including when we make our DVDs & it works great!

2. Some companies will want to throw in $300, some might want to give $3000 or more. Depending on the amt they give (ie, if > $4000), you may want to allow an ad as opposed to just throwing their logo on the place where it will say "sponsored by..." Extra incentive...

3. Finally, is this something that will just be bought by those that go to the rally or is it something that will be sold to anyone interested (not just on this forum)? If it's going to cost that much & be professional, it might be something that other GT enthusiasts or people not going would want to purchase. The potential to sell 1000 rather than 100 might also make a difference to potential sponsors (the more who see their name the better)...

Good luck!
MJ

Pipelion

Piccola,
Yes to everything. If the DVD is tight, other GT owners would certainly be interested. This might have some legs, time wise. For months GTs will be sold and be in dealer showrooms. Ford dealers could be sent a sample DVD to test as a sales tool even for dealers not having physical possession of a GT. But who's going to call dealers etc?

After the rally, the DVD would be the only access to the build locations.

Better to shoot and spend only money raised before the rally. Counting on latter sales is risky and should only be concidered gravy. Latter proceeds could go to a forum fund and some to charity if this happens. But remember somebodies got to burn ,wrap, address, ship etc, these later DVD sales.

The desires of the rally goers and the budget will be the main determining factors of what can be done.

Allan

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm gonna have to throw water on this one for now, for a variety of reasons, the least of which is not that there is slightly less than a snowballs chance in hell of them allowing us to bring camcorders into the final assembly facility. Just getting them to allow us to bring in 150+ people in one day was a tough enough sell. And Ford won't be able to allow the people who still work for the company to speak on film that may pop up on the net without having their commentary screened.

Secondly, Awsum GT is completely correct in his assumption that nobody is gonna pay for it. I don't want to burden the registrants with costs we can't calculate, and sponsors simply won't want to spend that kind of money. The event is about owners coming to town to meet, network, have fun and see a car they love get built before it rides off into the sunset.

It's a great idea, and I've always planned to do a "lite" version of it. I'll deal with that once we've finalized a schedule. Prosumer equipment and member footage may not provide anything worthy of the Discovery Channel, but it can still be a hell of a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.