I got it on sale.

What the hell just happened to Chip Beck's chin? :willy

It's a DBK starter kit.

Chip

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I need at least 5k for the beard. I haven't shaved the beard in nearly 8 years. I did once and Francesca almost left me.

Damn, I didn't know you could get paid for it. I just shaved mine off for the first time in almost 30 years. The wife hasn't even seen it yet.

I eagerly await her reaction.:ack

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Take like 50 propecia immediately. :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Stormcat is allowed to cross the Mississippi.

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
Took my baby to Tampa today for transport. The 6 cars from Florida should be on the way. Thanks again Steve and Happy Birthday:cheers

I need everyone to fart, turn their fans or blow hard towards the EAST. We need to keep hurricane Hanna and Ike out of Florida. If they show up looks like my car might get to attend the Rally while I am stuck in Florida.

Thanks

PS. I love to play Roulette eveyone concentrate on the number 17.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
What is on the agenda for the LVMS? I am contemplating replacing the tires based on what we're doing...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The agenda for LVMS is to have a lightly paced and safe day at the track. Based on how they ran Shelby's 85th birthday, we'll have no more than 12-14 cars on the track at any given time. There will be no passing because it's too cumbersome to try and teach open tracking rules to 130 drivers. We're going to run the inside road course at LVMS counter-clockwise. There will be helmets available to be borrowed. The SVT guys will be on hand to give some driving tips and to give hot laps in the Yellow Nardo/Driving Dynamics vehicle.

We're going to have a lot of cars, so there should be some hurry up and wait involved. I'll have a sign up sheet on available on Wednesday and Thursday so people can sign into various levels so we don't bunch a track master with a total novice.

SVT will have their brand spankin redesigned trailer to hang out in and we have the 15,000 sq/ft garage to relax and take a breather.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What is on the agenda for the LVMS? I am contemplating replacing the tires based on what we're doing...

This is my guess. The event will be similar to the one at El Toro during Rally II. Cars leaving at timed intervals, no passing, one lap then line up again. The course is the inside track, but I don't know if the section on the top right is included. Note the long strait is about 1/4 mile, this should help you with the scale.

Am I guessing right Dave?

Attachments

• lvms copy 2.jpg
    lvms copy 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 207

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You be right BlackIce. You use the top section as well. Much bigger than El Toro.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Thanks, Dave. Running clockwise or counter-clockwise?

DBK's post states counter clockwise.

Rally II course was more of an auto-cross. What speeds might this course get up to?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We're running counter-clockwise because there is less chance of hitting something that way. That said, someone wrecked a Viper at VOI two years ago and someone crunched a Shelby at the 85th Birthday Bash. This is strictly a drive well within the limits fun day at the track. I can make a number of good recommendations for balls out track bonanzas. I have no idea what the speeds will get up to, but the straight is about 1/4 mile long. Should be fun. The El Toro auto-x was fun but it was harder on the cars than this will be.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Got it. Thanks

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We're running counter-clockwise because there is less chance of hitting something that way. That said, someone wrecked a Viper at VOI two years ago and someone crunched a Shelby at the 85th Birthday Bash. This is strictly a drive well within the limits fun day at the track. I can make a number of good recommendations for balls out track bonanzas. I have no idea what the speeds will get up to, but the straight is about 1/4 mile long. Should be fun. The El Toro auto-x was fun but it was harder on the cars than this will be.

At VOI we ran the full road course including the west banking. We also ran several laps at a time so there was no stopping at the end of each lap. Speeds were very high. I expect that using the smaller course things will be more under control and safer. It should be a blast. :thumbsup

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Please show me Shelby Headquarters location on Google

Thanks for the layout, Do you know where Shelby is located? I thought I read they were in the track area.

This is my guess. The event will be similar to the one at El Toro during Rally II. Cars leaving at timed intervals, no passing, one lap then line up again. The course is the inside track, but I don't know if the section on the top right is included. Note the long strait is about 1/4 mile, this should help you with the scale.

Am I guessing right Dave?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Shelby is about 1 mile away, an easy walk, but don't take a cab.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Shelby is about 1 mile away, an easy walk, but don't take a cab.

I would say since you have to walk under the tunnel to get out of the pit garage area Shelby would be a good three miles, and in the heat, I would suggest running the a/c at full blast. Walking would not be recommended.
Can you say, "heat stroke"?:eek:willy:eek

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I would say since you have to walk under the tunnel to get out of the pit garage area Shelby would be a good three miles, and in the heat, I would suggest running the a/c at full blast. Walking would not be recommended.
Can you say, "heat stroke"?:eek:willy:eek

um.......... e-mail sent by little 'ol me.......:frown

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
O.K. Maybe this is a silly question.
Is there any one designated to shoot video or pictures or are we on our own?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am trying to get Camillo to sign a release for the Playboy channel... :)

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
that would be bad ass :banana