Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Is the hotel booking info online yet?

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Count me in, DBK. And thanks! Registration form and check on the way.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
What do we have going on from Northern Calif. Let's get it started. Blackice, Ed Simms, Sebastian, Shadowman and all you others.....let's make a plan.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Count me in as well! We will have a three week old baby boy along for the ride decked out in GT gear :banana

I will be bringing both cars in my Racing Rig to allow for my wife to keep her sanity with a newborn. We are thinking about having Jason Heffner fly in to Midland, and head with a convoy of GTs from Midland to Scottsdale.

We will have the full race trailer along for the ride so if anyone needs some storage space we should be able to accommodate.

Registration and payment sent! Thanks Dave

Aug 25, 2006
Paid

Shadowman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Post-Rally Petty Driving School & NorCal Drive for Rally III

To All - Since the Las Vegas Speedway event for Rally III may not satisfy all (me!) I'm inviting all to attend the Petty Driving School on Sunday Sept 14 at LV Speedway. http://www.1800bepetty.com Black Ice & I are driving in the am session for the "30 Lap Experience of a Lifetime". Give the GT a break & try a stock (Nascar) car out. Maybe we'll plan something that evening. Bony?

Piana - There is a plan to drive to Rally III from NorCal already! I think I may be in charge unless I get out of it! Leave from Harrold Ford in Sacramento on Tues Sept 9 am via the backroads of NV. Approximately 10+ hrs without stops. Return on your own Sunday Sept 14. Via I-5 approx 8+ hrs. I am returning on Mon Sept 15 via I-5. All at reasonable speeds (possible minor blips of high speed as safety dictates in the desert). As we get closer I will contact the GT owners in the area on my list. Any out there interested please PM me.

Ed

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
To All - Since the Las Vegas Speedway event for Rally III may not satisfy all (me!) I'm inviting all to attend the Petty Driving School on Sunday Sept 14 at LV Speedway. http://www.1800bepetty.com Black Ice & I are driving in the am session for the "30 Lap Experience of a Lifetime". Give the GT a break & try a stock (Nascar) car out. Maybe we'll plan something that evening. Bony?

Piana - There is a plan to drive to Rally III from NorCal already! I think I may be in charge unless I get out of it! Leave from Harrold Ford in Sacramento on Tues Sept 9 am via the backroads of NV. Approximately 10+ hrs without stops. Return on your own Sunday Sept 14. Via I-5 approx 8+ hrs. I am returning on Mon Sept 15 via I-5. All at reasonable speeds (possible minor blips of high speed as safety dictates in the desert). As we get closer I will contact the GT owners in the area on my list. Any out there interested please PM me.

Ed

30 laps sounds like terrific fun, Ed.

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
Can't wait, Registration form faxed and payment made by credit card. I will probably be staying at the Venetian/Palazzo. The Palazzo has a Lambo dealership and I am talking to my buddys at the Venetian about me parking my car in the drive thru in front of the Lambo show room..........:rofl

Last edited:

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Rally III

Going to LV from LA needs to have some route other than I 15 (too boring for our GT's). I will plan some other route to use as much of the back roads as possible although the choices are not that great.

If any others are interested in having fun on an alternate to I 15, let me know and I will propose a route for everyone's consideration. For sure, it will be longer but it should be more fun.

By the way, since a pair or two of panties are all that fit in the glove box (under the hood:biggrin) we may want to have a chase vehicle to carry the luggage for everyone.:thumbsup

Big Dog

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal
Going to LV from LA needs to have some route other than I 15 (too boring for our GT's). I will plan some other route to use as much of the back roads as possible although the choices are not that great.

If any others are interested in having fun on an alternate to I 15, let me know and I will propose a route for everyone's consideration. For sure, it will be longer but it should be more fun.

By the way, since a pair or two of panties are all that fit in the glove box (under the hood:biggrin) we may want to have a chase vehicle to carry the luggage for everyone.:thumbsup

Big Dog

I-15 to CA-127 (baker) to CA-178 brings you into Pahrump then you take NV-160 to vegas. 127 is pretty sick....goes through part of Death Valley and theres NOTHING out there for over 50 miles. smooth roads and some loooong straight stretches. It would probably add a little over an hour to the trip. Still need to be on I 15 for awhile before you get there though.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
NorCal Rally III road trip

Jim F - Are you coming from Palm Springs for Rally III? Bring the GT up to Tahoe & join us on the back road drive down! I have your phone # still so I'll call when we get closer to talk you into it!!!

I Fed Ex (UPS/DHL if you like) my suitcase to my destination when I take the GT. And Jim - when did you start wearing panties?

Ed

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... And Jim - when did you start wearing panties?

Ed

...The rest of us were discreet enough not to ask that question. :lol

Prudish Pockets

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't know about trying to keep up with Fast Eddie on the back roads of Nevada. Some how that seems like an impossible task!

Seems like the scenario would be.....

"This is our next stop guys, try to keep up" and the next time one would see Ed Sims, would be him reading the newspaper at the planned stop after having lunch and a Starbucks!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Peets vs Starbucks?

I turned 50 in December so I'm slowing down Atomic! And make mine Peets!

Hey, instead of trying to get DBK to shave his beard why don't we have a beard growing contest to start now with the contest winner chosen at the Rally? Even with a head start DBK won't stand a chance! Hell, my nose hairs are fuller and faster growing than DBK's beard!!!

Ed

H

HHGT

I turned 50 in December so I'm slowing down Atomic! And make mine Peets!

Hey, instead of trying to get DBK to shave his beard why don't we have a beard growing contest to start now with the contest winner chosen at the Rally? Even with a head start DBK won't stand a chance! Hell, my nose hairs are fuller and faster growing than DBK's beard!!!

Ed

If I grew a beard we will all be arrested and sent to Guantanamo.

H

HHGT

:thumbsup:thumbsup Peets
:thumbsdow:thumbsdow Starbucks

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Make mine Luciano Reppetto's Graffeo Coffee from San Francisco. :)

Bony
Checking in from Amsterdam

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm In !! I'll be mailing in the form...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
And Jim - when did you start wearing panties?

Ed

I started wearing them when Mrs SteveA found a pair under the front eat of my car that wasn't hers.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
SteveA,

What size were the panties, and what color???? Were they thong or full coverage? Seems like you would wear at least a large, n'est pas??

afterglow.gif

Pray.gif

Last edited: