Ford GT Insurance Rates and Agencies

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I know if we band together and approach one of these agencies and commit to a 1000 policies.....we will all save thousands over time...

I forget what its called....its sort of like a Group Plan or Affinity Policy

Harley riders have one...

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
Some of you have already reached out to me today to get a quote. To those of you, THANKS - will put our best foot forward to help with your needs.

We always say that most people do not realize when they have outgrown their current insurance policies. Never hurts to just take a review to make sure you have the proper coverage or company.

I can tell you that Hagerty does have great brand power in this niche of insurance, however, we find on a daily basis that they do not have the best rates for certain segments of the market.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'm looking forward to my quote Drew. :wink

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I self-insure a little with a $2,000 ded insuring the GT up to $160,000. I pay $433.00 every 6 months through American National Property and Casuality Company. Go to www.anpac.com to locate an agent in your area. The milage is limited to 10,000 per year. I know rates vary depending what state you live in.

Man, I'm going to have to get with my ANPAC agent.
I'm still fighting to get an agreed value with them, and I'm at much more than your 6 month premium as it is.
I never had a problem with a $125K agreed value on my 70 muscle car, but for some reason I can't get them in line on the GT.
I do have to say that I've been with them for a number of years and as fair as my collectable cars, any claim as been rather painless.

Jeff

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Classic.

Some of you have already reached out to me today to get a quote. To those of you, THANKS - will put our best foot forward to help with your needs.

Gentlemen,

I currently have 5 cars insured with Classic and am very happy with them. Great service and they save me a lot of money. :thumbsup Give them a call.

Chip

clements

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I agree with shelby. 100 $ per month is cheap. I am self insured but may change at the rates discussed. Part of your cost is for the required liability coverage--take liability out and you are paying approx 65 $ or 2 $ per day to insure a 150,000 car. That is so cheap i am going to buy some.

H

HHGT

For what it's worth, a friend of us that recently lost his GT to the stupidity of the Ford dealership staff followed by the ignorance of the body shop owners son finally settled with the insurance company - not his insurance BTW, the other party(s). He had at least $25K worth of upgrades, which at settlement time they valued at $2,000. When everything was all said and done, his settlement in total (Car & Upgrades) were approx. $130K give or take, plus a $1,000,000 worth of aggravation.

My point, we all may have great agents, but they are powerless when it comes to adjusters, discuss this before you buy a policy and research arbitration cases with your State. All the attorneys in the world may help you get on the proper course and feed your ego, but these insurance giants have attorneys coming out of their wazuus. Pick a company that treats their customers with "VALUE FOR THEIR BUSINESS" and one that has been around for a while as the $50 you may save every month may be $ for Prilosecs later on. Food for thought.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
$600 every 6 months with Allstate. Policy specifies Replacement not a preset value.

I was told by my Allstate agent that they would not insure this vehicle? I went through Hagerty for the GT and an old '67 I have.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
**NEW OFFERING FROM BARRETT JACKSON**

Guys, I just picked up another GT and was not satisfied with my rates from Hagerty on my current one and another classic.

I have some connects into Barrett Jackson and they have teamed up with an insurance company to offer collector/exotic car insurance.

The policy is literally written as "Barrett Jackson Ins Program" and is underwritten by The Delp Company.

Here's the steal that I got in the last two weeks:
1. $500k combined limits
2. $10k medical
3. $0, yes ZERO, deductible
4. Agreed upon value of $150k. They actually write the policy at 125% of agreed upon value.

Total policy: $829 PER YEAR

If you want contact info - PM me and I'll send over the info.

**I DO NOT HAVE ANY FINANCIAL BENEFIT FOR THIS REFERRAL, NOR AM I TIED LEGALLY TO ANY OF THESE ENTITIES. Just trying to help fellow GT owners out**

jrader1

GT Owner
Aug 16, 2006
Drew at Classic Auto Insurance did a great job in insuring both my GTs. I moved all my collector cars from Hagerty over to him. Saved me a ton.:thumbsup

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
The program that AZSTAD is referring to is actually underwritten by Chartis Insurance (formerly AIG). The Delp Company is the agency that Chartis selected to service the Barrett Jackson arrangement.

Classic Auto DOES have a contract with Chartis to write the same policy if you have interest. Chartis policies are more geared to the affluent individual - high end home, multiple home locations, art collection, jewelry, etc.

If you want us to take a look at that for you, let me know. It is a great policy for those who want one policy for all their needs.

I can have my rep for that product contact you if you want a risk assessment.

My main company is American Modern Insurance for Collector Car - and trust me they have a lot of experience in the collector car market. They are backed by MunichRe (second largest reinsurer in the world).

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
YOGI95 - that's great info to know. I know that several of the individuals that are moving to this company are also moving their home and other insurances to the same company. I was just stunned with the costs.

Cheers!

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
My insurance is due for renewal with Heacock and I am looking for a company that does not have the 3000 mile limit per year.
Any recommendations?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
My insurance is due for renewal with Heacock and I am looking for a company that does not have the 3000 mile limit per year.
Any recommendations?

AAA - lets you remove the collision during the winter storage time, but keep the comprehensive.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I'm with Travelers, no mileage limit, but not agreed upon value either.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
AAA - lets you remove the collision during the winter storage time, but keep the comprehensive.

Do you have agreed value with them Ralphie?

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
$680.00 6 months with $500.00 deductible, 7,500 miles yearly. No tickets no accidents 58 years old,American Family Mutual.this was cheaper than the last two companies,is they would keep bumping up the rates ever year.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Any recommendations?

I'm with Heacock as well. What are you paying per year?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Do you have agreed value with them Ralphie?

No - I never investigated the possibility of an agreed value. By the way, my policy is actually with the Automobile Club of Southern California, which is an affiliate of AAA. Not sure what that means either, other than services can be obtained at any AAA facility or outlet.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
$390 / 6 months with $1000 collision, 7500 mile max per year

No stated value

State Farm

No tickets, no accidents, 35 years old