Ford gt @ bj

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dream scenario? We auction an allocation for phx at rally 10....

Good grief. As if your PMs aren't blowing up already. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Oh boy. I can see that getting ugly.

Just the way I like it. :lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
See this is why I think the new car will be kept and driven sparringly because everyone sees the escalating prices of the current model. Low mile cars are going up up and away!!!! History should repeat itself even more with less 2016+ models out there. Still amazed that with the current model release the cars keep going up. Maybe the collectors are wanting to add a 05-06 model even more so now that the new one has come out.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Ron Pratte's?

Edit, found answer on another thread

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I wonder when mileage will not be an issue.......another 5-10 years?

Obviously 0-300 mile cars will always get outrageous numbers......but at some point someone will care less about the mileage and more about possession.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Dream scenario? We auction an allocation for phx at rally 10....

All I need to know is who do I have tp pay off?? Or who do I have to kill??

Cobraguy

GT Owner
We just got back to the house from the auction.........WHAT A FRIGGIN' ZOO!!!!!!

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
Tonight was the first auction sales of the 05/06 cars since the introduction of the "New Ford GT"
I think we did GOOD !!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tonight was the first auction sales of the 05/06 cars since the introduction of the "New Ford GT"
I think we did GOOD !!

I don't know if that is totally true. My local (large) dealer owner in Las Vegas that I contacted to "get on his list" was totally mired in the Barrett Jackson thing buying stuff for his own collection. He knew that something was happening in Detroit on Monday but didn't know what, and it wasn't until Tuesday that he grocked the significance. I expect that many people caught up in the fever of the Pratte stuff will really not know what is going on with the new GT until Monday.

I've been to BJ in Scottsdale 5 times (I missed this year because my wife is out of town and I have be herd cats) but the sensation of Barrett Jackson is quite similar to a Grand Canyon River Trip - you have no concept of the rest of civilization until the day after the takeout.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
$275k no sale at Russo and Steele, 900 mile Quick Silver

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector-car/2005-Ford--/101621

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agreed, way too many people there with no relevance to be there.

We just got back to the house from the auction.........WHAT A FRIGGIN' ZOO!!!!!!

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
17k mile QS no sold at $215k at Mecum Kissimmee yesterday. Thought it would have done better.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
quote: "the sensation of Barrett Jackson is quite similar to a Grand Canyon River Trip - you have no concept of the rest of civilization until the day after the takeout" very well put !!! it is so true. you are totally oblivious to the outside world when you're there. it's even worse when you have your own cars going over the auction block. I had cars out there years ago and lost my preverbial ass on the whole deal. not for the faint hearted!
personally I thought the #003 GT would have gone much higher than that. jmo

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
See this is why I think the new car will be kept and driven sparringly because everyone sees the escalating prices of the current model. Low mile cars are going up up and away!!!! History should repeat itself even more with less 2016+ models out there. Still amazed that with the current model release the cars keep going up. Maybe the collectors are wanting to add a 05-06 model even more so now that the new one has come out.

they call it EP mode....

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I wonder when mileage will not be an issue.......another 5-10 years?

Obviously 0-300 mile cars will always get outrageous numbers......but at some point someone will care less about the mileage and more about possession.

Chris... I also wonder. I posted a few weeks ago that it seems like low mileage salvage cars go for more than high mileage cars (20-50k) with no accident history. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
$473,000 including buyers fee seems like plenty for a 3000 mile Heritage car to me. Lets not get greedy now : ) $200,000 extra for a paint job would sound pretty good to me.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
BJ looks like AARP convention, even the stage babes looked like muffin-tops

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Nah, The biggest farce of the event was the Chevy powered Pantera for $330,000 all in. Built by the Ring Brothers because they are tired or ruining 60's Mustangs. Bought by the Grease Monkey because he can't ruin a car that well on his own.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
BJ looks like AARP convention, even the stage babes looked like muffin-tops

I thought the same thing. You mean the ones in those pink floor length dresses? Television was not very flattering to most of them.