Ford gt @ bj

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If they are attempting to class the event up, they would be far better served by eliminating the grating aaaa batta batta auction caller and replacing it with the method used by RM and Gooding etc where they just repeat one time what the bid is (usually a Brit doing the call out). Far less annoying this way.

Save the aaaa batta batta chatter for the stockyards.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Nah, The biggest farce of the event was the Chevy powered Pantera for $330,000 all in. Built by the Ring Brothers because they are tired or ruining 60's Mustangs. Bought by the Grease Monkey because he can't ruin a car that well on his own. "

I'll buy that. Watching that auction was a definite WTF moment!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If they are attempting to class the event up, they would be far better served by eliminating the grating aaaa batta batta auction caller and replacing it with the method used by RM and Gooding etc where they just repeat one time what the bid is (usually a Brit doing the call out). Far less annoying this way.

Save the aaaa batta batta chatter for the stockyards.

All of the auctioneers hail from the midwest (Assiter Auctions is in Texas). That style was used at every farm auction I ever went to. It's just a regional style. I tried to watch a Sotheby's auction once and it looked like everyone was asleep.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All of the auctioneers hail from the midwest (Assiter Auctions is in Texas). That style was used at every farm auction I ever went to. It's just a regional style. I tried to watch a Sotheby's auction once and it looked like everyone was asleep.

They like the frenetic style since it makes it easier to hide schill and phantom bids. I would never bid on a car at a circus like that.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Charlie Ross at Gooding and Company runs class act, entertaining and easy to follow. To be fair they are only auction around 60 cars each day but you leave without a headache.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mr Ross is brilliant. Hard to think an auctioneer could be so entertaining.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think Max Girardo of RM has the classiest demeanor of the non irritating auctioneers.

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
They like the frenetic style since it makes it easier to hide schill and phantom bids. I would never bid on a car at a circus like that.

THIS! If you have ever sold a car at one of these, you know!