Fire suppression group buy

Aug 25, 2006
Don says the system is 200 psi. At that rate it will empty the 3 lb bottle in about 12 - 15 seconds. He says a fire should be out in about 2 seconds so there's a huge margin of safety. This is the same stuff used in 747 aircraft engines and the FAA only requires a 5 lb bottle for that. No residue, no mess to clean up, no drawbacks.

Great information; I have told all that have asked that the system is wonderful and certainly will afford peace of mind and protect your gal.

Regards

Shadowman

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I'll take one please.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Thank you for designing this system Gary, I think it's simple enough to get us to buy it but effective enough to save our bacon in a bad situation. I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to raise that pain in the ass decklid when a fire was raging inside.

Can you say "toasted fingers"?

Now we just need more owners to step up and commit to buying a system so we can top 10. I think we're at 8.

Keith,

Im in on the Group Buy....

Jerry...

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
I have spoken with several folks about the system after looking at the installed system here. It is very nice however I too have a couple requests.

I would want the lines that reside on top of the rails to be hard stainless steel line rather than braided flex lines, I would want to be able to initiate the turning on of the system from within the cab, and I would want to know if the (as presented) 2.5lb bottle is truly large enough for the area to be protected particulalry when she is being driven with the air flowing through the engine bay.

Keep me posted; I am in I simply have these personal tweaks and questions.

Thank you

Shadowman
Bill,

What I found nice about the system is that it is automatic at 350 degrees, so it will go off if you walk away from the car after a drive, I thought as well it would be nice to have the pipeing done in hard apposed to flex , that would look much more OEM style. Also I would need to be able to mount mine to the ford oil cooler bracket or at another point "not to drill into stock rails , frame ect.. Based on the location of the oil lines of the ford cooler the bottle would have to be mounted on the forward side of the bracket and based on space it would have to be a 2.5 pound bottle as I don,t think a 3 pound would fit in that location.The issue of having a triger that is manual is nice , but after thinking about it I have the 2.5 stand alone mounted inside the cabin for those manual issues...(most likely to put someone elses fire out) I think that even with a group buy they could make some of them up with hard pipe instead of flex (maybe a flex line for the 1st foot or so for ease of install, based on what oil cooler you are useing )This may be less exspensive to make for the supplier....Any thoughts Bill or texas GT?:cheers

Steve 06gt1858:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
MAD IN NC IN... sign me up! :thumbsup

If ever a fuel rail "leaks" we got a potential "major" problem!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
MAD IN NC IN... sign me up! :thumbsup

If ever a fuel rail "leaks" we got a potential "major" problem!

Gotcha Mad!

BTW, what's your monkey spankin' ?...or is it spankin' your....never mind.:rofl

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
My last Ferrari caught fire and burned to the ground, so I'm glad to see a well engineered system for the GT. Count me in for sure.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My last Ferrari caught fire and burned to the ground, so I'm glad to see a well engineered system for the GT. Count me in for sure.

Do you know what caused it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bill,

What I found nice about the system is that it is automatic at 350 degrees, so it will go off if you walk away from the car after a drive, I thought as well it would be nice to have the pipeing done in hard apposed to flex , that would look much more OEM style. Also I would need to be able to mount mine to the ford oil cooler bracket or at another point "not to drill into stock rails , frame ect.. Based on the location of the oil lines of the ford cooler the bottle would have to be mounted on the forward side of the bracket and based on space it would have to be a 2.5 pound bottle as I don,t think a 3 pound would fit in that location.The issue of having a triger that is manual is nice , but after thinking about it I have the 2.5 stand alone mounted inside the cabin for those manual issues...(most likely to put someone elses fire out) I think that even with a group buy they could make some of them up with hard pipe instead of flex (maybe a flex line for the 1st foot or so for ease of install, based on what oil cooler you are useing )This may be less exspensive to make for the supplier....Any thoughts Bill or texas GT?:cheers

Steve 06gt1858:thumbsup

Great points Steve, I also have the Ford cooler.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK guys, It's time to step up and start ordering. We've got over 10 committed so if all of you will call Don at Safecraft and place your orders ASAP we should qualify for the $465 plus Freight price. Just tell him you're with the GT forum group buy.

If you want anything special like bigger bottles, powdercoated bottles, or hard lines talk to him when you order. He'll tell you what your upcharge will be.

Delivery will start sometime next week when he gets all the parts in to build the kits so it's important to get at least 10 orders to him by the first of the week.

I'll be out of town all next week on a motorcycle trip and will be out of touch. I ain't taking no damn computer. From here on out it's between you and Don. I've placed my order already. Also ordered Kendalls Cooltech cooler.:cheers

Don at Safecraft - 800-400-2259
Mention the GT group buy. $465 plus freight

Keith
See you at Indy

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Done.

The std pwdr coat color on the bottles is white. Anybody thinking about changing it?

I'm debating on going to black to match all the other "bottles" (so to speak) in the area where this will mount.

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Done.

The std pwdr coat color on the bottles is white. Anybody thinking about changing it?

I'm debating on going to black to match all the other "bottles" (so to speak) in the area where this will mount.

It would be much faster and less expensive to spray it yourself with black wrinkle paint when you get it. It would match the other tanks much closer than gloss black powdercoat and its hard to mess up black wrinkle unless you get a run.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey guys, do me a favor and post here when you have actually placed your order with Safecraft. It will help us make sure we get our 10 minimum.

I want to point out to everyone who comes late to this post that the list is certainly not closed. Anybody can still get in on the group price as long as they Call Don and mention the GT forum group buy. I don't want to speak for Safecraft but I think they will honor the price at least through the end of April. After that you're on your own to ask for a discount.

If you want it, now's the time.:cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Done

Talked with Fyr-FtrGT as he happened to be there when I called. Very nice guy with some great info!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Posted my order this morning. Frank

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It would be much faster and less expensive to spray it yourself with black wrinkle paint when you get it. It would match the other tanks much closer than gloss black powdercoat and its hard to mess up black wrinkle unless you get a run.

Funny you should mention that! That IS exactly what I'd decided to do about noon today!

Thanks, Texas.:thumbsup

(And I assume you saw my "done" post above as far as having ordered the system?)

hemidoc

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Don said he would put me on the group buy.

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Ordered mine today. This forum rocks, you guys are on it.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Do you know what caused it?

Leaky fuel lines. :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006