Fire extinguisher mounting

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Pete, Bony and Black Ice for the tips and fast response!

Much appreciated!

Got the bolts Pete! Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Pete, You're Welcome Bony

Just received the bolts Pete! Thanks. Good idea.

Bony - anything 4 U man!!! :)

Ed

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Just received my bolts too. Thanks so much for pointing out the problem and providing the solution. I owe you...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
:thumbsup I got my bolts yesterday, thanks!:thumbsup
:cheers

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
5 More sets available . . . .

PM me an address, otherwise I'll send them up to Rich and Denis aka The GT Guy.(s)

Ernest

Nov 5, 2006
mounting extinguisher

I mounter it below the speaker between the seats so that you could get to it easilt.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
extinguisher mounted between the seats

Ernest - I tried mounting it between the seats but my wife wouldn't let me.

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
T50

I cut a T50 down as short as possible and put it back into its 3/8" drive rachet holder. Then connected it to a long wobble extension. The extension compresses the cushion, but it has a smooth finish and didn't cause any damage.

Also use hand tools, it will be a lot safer, not the Makita.

Did you use a 1, 2, 5, or 8 inch wobble extension?

The Makita in the picture is just a light, so that would make for a unusually tough install. :wink

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The bolts arrived yesterday. Thanks so much Pete !
BTW the card is very cool. What a great idea.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I used an extension that was long enough so that the rachet handle as above the seat cushion and only the small diameter of the extension was rubbing on the compressed seat cushion.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Perfect. Thanks BlackICE. I just ordered my 9 piece wobble extension set up from eBay, so I will be ready to go soon...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
You also may need tools to cut down a t50 torx bit. I used a Remington carbide hacksaw blade.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I was lazy, Evan at Guyett Performance installed mine without issues. Again thanks Ed for designing the slick bracket.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hmmm. Why does the T50 torx bit need to be cut down? How does that help?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Hmmm. Why does the T50 torx bit need to be cut down? How does that help?
So that the wobble is futher down. Then you can angle the extention sooner for less conpression of the seat cushion.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You're welcome Mr Bony

Thanks for always thanking me Bony. You are too nice. Can you make it to Buttonwillow on this coming Saturday June 23 for the NCRC open track? There should be a few other GTs besides mine. It's not too far from you. Or you can meet us for dinner Friday night.

Ed

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
That's it.

The extra bolts & washers have been sent off, there are no more.

Pete S.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Got my bolts Pete. Thanks a bunch!

Keith

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Has anyone relocated the MAC subwoofer behind the passenger seat and mounted the fire extinguisher? In my GT I need the seat pretty far back to accomodate the extinguisher and I wonder if there is sufficient room back there now to do a subwoofer relocation like the one Shadowman designed.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Cheers! Thanks Wally (skills), Pete S (parts), and BlackIce (tech advice) for helping me properly mount my bracket. It was tough to get the bolts back in, after removal. I watched as Wally was able to manipulate the seat rails enough to get the bolts into their threads, something I could not do alone. Removal was a piece of cake, but Wally also mentioned, that although the wobble extension is good for removal, it is not so good with installments.

The black extinguisher would not look out of place in a wine cellar. Beautiful finish. In fact, each and every component of the entire kit is well done. Bracket itself is a beauty in its simplicity and purposeful design.

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6852.jpg

T50, 3/8 Socket, Wobble Extension, 7mm Allen, Factory Bolts (replaced with Pete's longer bolts and washers)

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6848.jpg

Last edited: