Finally I persuaded my wife to.....

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Bony:

Exactly, people are either pro old school (once considered a license plate: OLDSKUL but it could have been misread) or are not.

I have a guitarist friend in The Netherlands. He cannot tolerate Blues, Country Music, or even 60s-70s rock. It is "old fashioned." He likes old school guitars and old school chordal structures.

Old school is no synomymous with old fashioned.

Old school choppers, restomod vehicles... I see the GT as distinctly old school. No cupholders for GT owners, no power seats, no electronic traction and/or ride control, no selective cylinder firing. It is simply "go."

Interestingly, even old school designs have A/C nowadays. Down here a car without A/C would truly be miserable...perhaps intolerable. Yet, when I was a kid, any power accessories were considered horsepower robbers.

BigDan...old school is a good thing...something of which to be proud. It does not mean old fashioned.

- doc

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
eshrink said:
Bony:

Exactly, people are either pro old school (once considered a license plate: OLDSKUL but it could have been misread) or are not.

I have a guitarist friend in The Netherlands. He cannot tolerate Blues, Country Music, or even 60s-70s rock. It is "old fashioned." He likes old school guitars and old school chordal structures.

Old school is no synomymous with old fashioned.

Old school choppers, restomod vehicles... I see the GT as distinctly old school. No cupholders for GT owners, no power seats, no electronic traction and/or ride control, no selective cylinder firing. It is simply "go."

Interestingly, even old school designs have A/C nowadays. Down here a car without A/C would truly be miserable...perhaps intolerable. Yet, when I was a kid, any power accessories were considered horsepower robbers.

BigDan...old school is a good thing...something of which to be proud. It does not mean old fashioned.

I'm with you Doc and Bony, it's just a little bit difficult in my eyes to categorize the GT as "old school". Although you are correct in mentioning
the lack of TCS or certain power compliments, what about all the space age material and lightweight components that are strictly modern day! Even the F1 Supercar tires are state of the art. Again I agree that some of the GT refers to yesteryear but in my eyes it is a modern revelation of yesteryear with a few throw back tendencies. Now as I mentioned in my earlier thread regarding my dragbike, I could have built the bike back in '74 to the exact same bike it is today. You can not say that about the GT. And again I agree with you in being proud of something that has stood the test of time. I promise you that if you rolled into an area of hardcore bikers with a modern day custom chopper or my 70 inch street/drag bike, even though my bike says Kawasaki on it the crowd would be equally if not more appreciative of the "old school" appearance my bike has. I'll get some photos up for you to see...BD40