FIA WEC Spa BoP

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do we know yet if there will be BoP adjustments for Le Mans?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Racing safety has certainly made vast strides forward over the last 30 years. That was a pretty vicious hit and glad it looked worse than it turned out to be. There has got to be something better than old tires to line the barriers. Question for our knowledgable members. I own a CF helmet and the maker says that if it takes a serious blow it is compromised and should be replaced even if it looks fine. Will the tub of that car be rebuilt and used again or would it be scrapped?

And hey, if it is scrapped can we auction it off at Rally 11?!? Awesome living room display!!!!

Chip

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Can't wait to make the trip to Le Mans... countdown has begun...

Me too! I'm not a GT owner and can't get on with all of your VIP stuff, but I'll be partying with the Le Mans Smurfs, which should be a blast!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do we know yet if there will be BoP adjustments for Le Mans?

At least once with the possibility of an additional adjustment after the LM test days.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Sure hope they are fair and don't BoP us out of the race...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Sure hope they are fair and don't BoP us out of the race...

I have a bottle of Chateau Margaux 1787 that says that it will be less. ;-))

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Margaux Hemmingway?

Chip, all the manufacturers say the same thing.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I read a story about a guy that was taking a bottle of Chateau Margaux 1787 to an auction. He found the bottle behind a Paris cellar wall in 1985. He said that it had TH J on the bottle . It was believed to be that of Thomas Jefferson. He accidentally broke the bottle on the way to the auction said to be worth over $200,000. Once it broke someone dipped their finger into the puddle and said... looked like chocolate-brown goo and emitted an intense aroma not unlike that of stewed prunes. Hope his insurance paid off!