http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-lZcCAoP4&list=HL1321397437&feature=mh_lolz
Limerock Park 11/14/11
Got to try my track key,and Hoosiers!
Love this car!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The guy in the red mustang was an asshole, at least 5 places he should have given you the point-by, always at least one jerk, the others were quick to do the right thing!!!

H

HHGT

I can drive like this!

Only in my dreams.... That looked like fun.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice Ron!! I would love to see the throttle and brake on the display while watching the video

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Awesome Ron!! :thumbsup This immediately brings back my memory of the thrill rides my dad and I got at Miller from the Roketman. I can hardly wait to get my Track Key and Hoosiers and get to a track somewhere. Doing the Track Attack in April at Miller, got a school car for my dad and also driving a FR500S on the second day. :banana YEEHAH!!!

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You and your Dad are in for a good time!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
So fun to watch your ability on the track Ron.
I got to drive Apollo's LS at Rally VI, I was so impressed with the car.
Hope to purchase one next year.
Thanks for the video!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice Work Mac Daddy !!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ron, nice video!
How do you like the R-compound Pirellis' which came on the car? Do you think the Hoosiers are better?
These cars are fast on the track and the traffic on the course were taking driving lines quite different from yours.
What class were you driving in for this video?
Thanks for posting!

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Ah, the master at work!!! Ron, is the Boss still stock?

John

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron, nice video!
How do you like the R-compound Pirellis' which came on the car? Do you think the Hoosiers are better?
These cars are fast on the track and the traffic on the course were taking driving lines quite different from yours.
What class were you driving in for this video?
Thanks for posting!
The Hoosiers are second to nothing!It’s like crack for cars! The cornering grip is so superior ,its mind boggling !Braking is also a huge improvement.Its important to swap sides to get the most wear use out of them ,since they are not a directional tire.The Pirellis’ delaminated on my 2nd track day.I’m not a fan.I am pretty high on Hoosiers!The next best thing to slicks!
I was in the instructor group.
The Boss has ;
302s radiator
Camber plates
DBA5000 Slotted 2 piece floating rotors(front)
DBA 4000 Slotted rotors rear
Carbotech xp20’s brake pads front
Carbotech xp16 rears
super blue 600 fluid
Steel brake lines
Cut out front grill
Tiger racing hood
Harness bar and 4 point belts
Axel back muffler to reduce weight (saved 35lbs)
Waiting on lightweight rims.
Dead pedal
TRACK KEY!I like this item!
This car continues to grow on me!When it comes to bang for the dollar.The Boss rules!Its almost a shame they call it a Mustang (no offense to Mustang lovers) Because Mustangs are not generally thought of as a cornering g machines .But it truly is !

Last edited:

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Nicely don Ron. You should give me a heads up next time as I am only 85 minutes from Limerock.

Stu

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The Hoosiers are second to nothing!It’s like crack for cars! The cornering grip is so superior ,its mind boggling !Braking is also a huge improvement.Its important to swap sides to get the most wear use out of them ,since they are not a directional tire.The Pirellis’ delaminated on my 2nd track day.I’m not a fan.I am pretty high on Hoosiers!The next best thing to slicks!
I was in the instructor group.
The Boss has ;
302s radiator
DBA5000 Slotted 2 piece floating rotors(front)
DBA 4000 Slotted rotors rear
Carbotech xp20’s brake pads front
Carbotech xp16 rears
super blue 600 fluid
Steel brake lines
Cut out front grill
Tiger racing hood
Harness bar and 4 point belts
Axel back muffler to reduce weight (saved 35lbs)
Waiting on lightweight rims.
Dead pedal
TRACK KEY!I like this item!
This car continues to grow on me!When it comes to bang for the dollar.The Boss rules!Its almost a shame they call it a Mustang (no offense to Mustang lovers) Because Mustangs are not generally thought of as a cornering g machines .But it truly is !

Very cool Ron! What rims are you waiting on?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Hey thanks for the modification list! Gives me something to shoot for as well.

I am interested in what rims you will be using as well, and what manufacturer of your cat back mufflers did you install?

I noticed a similar delamination "type" of tread on my PZeros as well after my last track event. I will be moving on to Hoosiers for my next set. What size are you planning on installing?

Oh and I know you are an instructor on the track, my question was are all the cars in your video at Limerock being driven by "instructor" level drivers as well? Just a gauging factor for how the Boss does relative to the other cars in the video.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great post Ron!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Kendal has the trick muffler set up .He also has a some other good items for the Boss.
Yes it was an instructor /advanced group.
I am talking to Forgeline and Dforce.I know the owners.Expecting something good.Will keep everyone informed.
Tire size for Hoosiers
265-35-19 FRONTS
295-30 -19 REARS
If you live on the east coast.Call Hoosier tire east 860-646-9646 Ask for Brian.A very knowledgeable and great guy!
Boy, its going to be a long winter!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Yes it was an instructor /advanced group.
So what was the jerk in the red mustang's excuse for not giving you the point-by? If he's an instructor he should have know what to do!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Cool video. Nice to see the Boss used as intended.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
So what was the jerk in the red mustang's excuse for not giving you the point-by? If he's an instructor he should have know what to do!

Note that usually in instructor/advanced groups the point by is aknowledged....given or not...it is permissable to overtake another car without a point by........not like were we live in the lower groups where a point by is a must to insure safety..........so basically that A$$h*le was really an ok A$$h*le.....:lol

P.S. Ron I am wondering why you wouldnt change the wheels to the new BBS that the Boss 302 S are using for racing? they weigh 19 1/2 pounds....

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
NIce driving Ron! Thanks for sharing.