Enzo + Gigolo = Bad News

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
For that kind of money, Nadia Bjorlin and Eddie Griffin should deliver it to the new owner.

Okay, fess up...

Who is going to see DEATH RACE...

Hey Syco,

Saw Death Race today. If you like non-stop carnage with tons of driving and a minimal plot (which doesn't bother me :biggrin) it is an entertaining and fun B movie. Not originial Transporter/First Fast and the Furious good, but just a decent unplug your mind flick. Although you can almost see Joan Allen saying with her eyes "This is just a paycheck....I am a better actress than this....I only took this to get paid!!!!"

By the way, they had a great trailer for the new fast and the furious before Death Race. Here is a HD trailer....it looks like an excellent car guy summer movie. Here is the link....http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/fast-and-furious-2009/trailer Enjoy!!

Also, if I had to rank the F&F movies, it would go 1, 3, 2......I know I have a problem. :lol :cheers

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Skyrex - Thanks for the HD Trailer, I enjoyed watching it. Yeah, I don't know what happened with F&F 2, but I also didn't have a real problem with 1&3.

Guess I will go check out Death Race.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Death race was pretty cool. Especially if you are a fan of Death Race 2000. they buried a few references into the new movie. They also described the motors to a t what was actually in the cars. Plug for Rousch. 5.0 mentioned a dyno run with a GT500 motor visible in the shot, but I guess that might be a dvd extra at this point.

The worst part of the movie was when the races started Machine gun Joe's huge truck ran even with Franks stang even off of the line. I guess it was a super lightning awd 6.2 ecoboost boss motor powering the truck.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
I loved how the FF trailer had a Grand National. The 87 GNX and the 89 Turbo Trans Am were my lust cars in high school. That GNX just looked fierce in black the way it was done. I liked everything about the Turbo TA except the color. Never was a big white/tan interior fan. (Disclaimer: I am not making fun of white cars or the people who choose them, just not my color)

Want to make sure I don't offend the white car owners among us. :lol

:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ramble on my man, ramble on....
When you joined the forum you confirmed to abide by the rules, correct?
You will note that anyone who joined after March 25th 2008 is obliged to detail solid white FGT's at any event they attend. Looking forward to meeting you with your Zymol in hand at Rally III.
Cheers,
Bony
#1153 - all white FGT

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Ramble on my man, ramble on....
When you joined the forum you confirmed to abide by the rules, correct?
You will note that anyone who joined after March 25th 2008 is obliged to detail solid white FGT's at any event they attend. Looking forward to meeting you with your Zymol in hand at Rally III.
Cheers,
Bony
#1153 - all white FGT

I have seen pics of your car hence the disclaimer. :biggrin

Although I do seem to remember a post stating that you ordered quicksilver but received white.

I shall accept my punishment :bang with respect and humility :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow....as much as I am capable of anyway. :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
good memory, I ordered silver, but a Federal Judge liked white, I then fell in love with white... :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, I thought you were into the KY jelly, not Zymol.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I loved how the FF trailer had a Grand National. The 87 GNX and the 89 Turbo Trans Am were my lust cars in high school. That GNX just looked fierce in black the way it was done.

:cheers

Spotted this, while at a park last weekend with my family. Was tempted to put a note on it and ask if it was for sale. But, I'm sure the owner gets that all the time.

Always a cool car, since the day of release.

IMG_4383.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/29/ebay-find-of-the-day-1987-buick-gnx-359-9-9-miles-on-the-odo/

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Spotted this, while at a park last weekend with my family. Was tempted to put a note on it and ask if it was for sale. But, I'm sure the owner gets that all the time.

Always a cool car, since the day of release.

IMG_4383.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/29/ebay-find-of-the-day-1987-buick-gnx-359-9-9-miles-on-the-odo/

Great link. I may love it, but I don't think I would spend six figures on it.

I don't think the one in the link is the one they used in the movie :lol. I have seen a couple up close and personal. They always turn my head.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Someone's option on the history of the Enzo Eddie Griffin crashed

http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/article.php?reqart=SCM_200706_SS

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008

You always find the best auto article links 'Ice. :thumbsup

Best quote from the article. "Alas, all too often, Enzos end up illustrating what happens when too much money, too much car, and too little talent arrive at the same place at the same time."

Of course the same can be said for any high powered super-car. I would not want my name associated with wrecking my car like the few Enzo owners referenced in the article. :ack That kind of notoriety I can do without, thank you very much. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I still say that concrete barrier shouldn't have been set up anywhere near that close to the actual course. Especially right where a car hasta make a hard turn!

There at LEAST shoulda been a bit of "overshoot" room left there in case the turn WAS in fact overshot! After all, Schumacher wasn't driving the Enzo that day...

(Neither was STUNTS for that matter!!!:biggrin)

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
It was very cheap PR for an otherwise obscure flick.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
. I would not want my name associated with wrecking my car like the few Enzo owners referenced in the article. :ack That kind of notoriety I can do without, thank you very much. :lol

There are so many historians that track special cars it is very hard to maintain one's privacy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It was very cheap PR for an otherwise obscure flick.

Very true. But, I seriously doubt the incident was actually intended/planned.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
FTA "A quick phone call to a few authorized Ferrari dealers that have fixed crashed Enzos (and who asked to remain nameless) confirmed that Enzos with damage similar to the Daniel Sadek Enzo were repaired in the $240,000 to $300,000 range by one of six Ferrari authorized repair facilities in the U.S. (who also wanted to remain nameless)."

Does that mean you can't just take an Enzo to Early Schieb?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
FTA "A quick phone call to a few authorized Ferrari dealers that have fixed crashed Enzos (and who asked to remain nameless) confirmed that Enzos with damage similar to the Daniel Sadek Enzo were repaired in the $240,000 to $300,000 range by one of six Ferrari authorized repair facilities in the U.S. (who also wanted to remain nameless)."

Does that mean you can't just take an Enzo to Early Schieb?

I would choose Miracle, they do better work! :lol