Enzo + Gigolo = Bad News

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Eddie's certainly not helping his insurance case with alleged statements such as:

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one of his past films, said after the accident.

I also like the "mixed feelings" comment by the owner in the MSN article...

Sometimes owner insurance will not cover other drivers...And track event too. Statements like Eddie's are not improving his claim. But at least he is honest and owning up to it - unlike how some people handle these things...

I guess he is taking his paycheck in advance, and has already spent it...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Eddie's certainly not helping his insurance case with alleged statements such as:

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one of his past films, said after the accident.

I also like the "mixed feelings" comment by the owner in the MSN article...

Sometimes owner insurance will not cover other drivers...And track event too. Statements like Eddie's are not improving his claim. But at least he is honest and owning up to it - unlike how some people handle these things...

I guess he is taking his paycheck in advance, and has already spent it...

The problem is he can't hold his 64oz Orange Crush and drive a stick. He navigated his caddy through traffic without spilling a drop.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
With all the money from his movie career i'm sure his not to worried about paying for the Enzo.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
HOW SAD:eek

Ferrari Beater

Jan 29, 2007
Farmington Hills, MI
so how many Enzos are left?
Like 385 have not been crashed?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The producer who owns that car makes about 20 million a month.... He paid cash for all those cars and bought most of them at the WYNN on the spot for the film. They tweeeeked a Carera gt and then decided to wreck it. In the trailer the CGT twisting and flying into frame was a kit car that was ratcheted... Search REDLINE on this site.. We talked alot about it about 10 months ago

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ok hypothetical conversation:

Producer of Redline: "MK2 we really want to use your GTX1 in a movie!"

MK2 "aaahhh..how about no"

Producer of Redline: "Ok then there is a chairty event coming up and we will get an amateur driver , actually he is a B- list comedian, to rocket around the track in your car"

MK2: "You know after thinking about it for the last 3 seconds, I have to pass on this opportunity as well..."

That's what I would have said about my GTx1 , much less a 1.5 million dollar (only 400 ever made) Enzo...sheesh..

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
The producer who owns that car makes about 20 million a month.... He paid cash for all those cars and bought most of them at the WYNN on the spot for the film. They tweeeeked a Carera gt and then decided to wreck it. In the trailer the CGT twisting and flying into frame was a kit car that was ratcheted... Search REDLINE on this site.. We talked alot about it about 10 months ago

In a movie shooting in NYC called I AM LEGEND, starring Will Smith..We wrecked 3 2007 Shelby GT500.(Ford gave us 5)..and they were not just any mustangs..they were the real deal..I prepared them for stunts..and cried as they were purposevely wrecked....I will try to post a video as I figure out how.....Anyone for spare parts???????????

Gino

P.S. were are all those guys looking for list?..lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Possible explanation for the Enzo crash.
A PR stunt?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/67484/a-car-worth-wrecking

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Possible explanation for the Enzo crash.
A PR stunt?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/67484/a-car-worth-wrecking

Highly doubt that, 'ICE, (though nothing Hollywood might do would surprise me).

'Reason I say that in this case is: (1) did you notice the guy standing behind the concrete barrier darn near directly behind the point of impact? 'Don't think he'd have been there if this were planned!:lol (2)The Enzo evidently was that movie's producer's own personal car. (3) Griffin wouldn't have been asigned the driving chore.

BUT! It DID end up being a publicity stunt regardless!

( EG: I'd never even HEARD of Griffin before this incident. 'Bet other's hadn't either. So, this event put his name - and the movie's - out there. Maybe not the way he'd have preferred, but ...)

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
What I'd like to know is, why would they put a hard turn in that pylon coarse right in front of cement barricades when they had to know the dude drivin' wasn't a pro driver? I'da thought the whole coarse would have been set up waaaaaaaay out away from everything in anticipation of something like this... especially when they weren't using a "fake" Enzo.
I'm guessing it was to protect the camera guy. Who deserves credit for not pinching a loaf on the spot!

I can see them trying to get a nice close-up of Griffin driving hard through a turn. I bet they told him not to let off the gas through the turn. When that’s translates from your head to your right foot, it can look ugly.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The latest on the crashed Enzo

It has be repaired and for sale!

http://jalopnik.com/400068/exclusiv...llion-ferrari-enzo-destroyed-by-eddie-griffin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

'Wants $1.3 million for it. How does that compare to a "no story" Enzo's value these days? Anybody here "up on that"?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Coming from a movie that cost 26 million to make :eek not including advertising and the fact that it made less than 8 million :ack worldwide having that Enzo wrecked was the cheapest thing that happened to the producer of that flick.

How you can take that many great cars and make such a terrible flick is beyond me? And these comments are coming from a guy who loves the Fast and the Furious type movies. There, I admitted it. :rofl:lol:rofl

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
'Wants $1.3 million for it. How does that compare to a "no story" Enzo's value these days? Anybody here "up on that"?

Thats no deal, I still see them on ebay for $1million to $1.4million for clean history cars. I'd love to have a Enzo

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
$1.3 Mil might be pretty heavy for the "history" that comes with the car, but I think the seller stated for that kind of $$ Eddie Griffin will deliver it to the new owner. :rofl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
$1.3 Mil might be pretty heavy for the "history" that comes with the car, but I think the seller stated for that kind of $$ Eddie Griffin will deliver it to the new owner. :rofl

For that kind of money, Nadia Bjorlin and Eddie Griffin should deliver it to the new owner.

Okay, fess up...

Who is going to see DEATH RACE...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
For that kind of money, Nadia Bjorlin and Eddie Griffin should deliver it to the new owner.

Okay, fess up...

Who is going to see DEATH RACE...

Nah, just Nadia Bjorlin will be fine. Eddie can stay home.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Nadia better be nekked :eek for those bucks when she pulls up. :biggrin

The Transporter killing people with cars with "Al Swerengen" as a mechanic and "Pam Landy" as the warden. Cinema history in the making. :lol

I am fairly simple....if its a car movie, good or bad, I am there. :cheers

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I am fairly simple....if its a car movie, good or bad, I am there. :cheers

Good way to be...:thumbsup