Drive Your FGT at Le Mans in July!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AlohaGT, the 1st youtube video looks like slow NASCAR in Bejing, oh, until he passes the Lambo ???

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Eric,
For a small consideration I can adjust your post count (till DBK figures it out).... :)

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Aloha,

I never realized how long that course is. In the parade lap The camera car guy seamed to be dying to bust out of the pack and run it much harder. What a nice track, outstanding !:thumbsup

You also mentioned something about a chase lorrie for the luggage in an earlier post. As I recall you have some good experience with that:biggrin. If he is going to follow you, you best send him to a good drivers school first.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Wow!

In my opening post, I mentioned that we'll be taking at least a couple of laps around the Le Mans circuit as part of the Classic Race festivities. These two videos will give you a sense of what this will be like. Below is in-car video footage taken by one of the UK GT40 club members I've spoken to our group about in my emails from the last Le Mans Classic event. The first link is one of the two laps with other classics and the second link was the commemoration lap with only GT40s (and FGTs) on the circuit. This was to celebrate our car's 40th anniversary of the first GT40 win and this lap took place immediately preceding the start of the main race. Hopefully, the organizers will stage a similar lap for us this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCy6uArX3a0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwSLYz50dk

That's about all I can say after watching those 'teaser' videos. I'll have to wait for you guys to offer the trip at a "Buy it Now Price" of $19,995 so I can afford to go! I remember driving my (another) car around Nurburgring, thru the pit lane and paddock. Those videos leave that experience in a distant second place!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This is a trip of a life time... go for it!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I just noticed something, how does an individual post over 7400 posts in this Forum ??? I haven't done anything 7400 times except perhaps relieveing my intestinal track. To "bony", the King of Posting!!! :cheers

AlohaGT, was it Tuesday or Wednesday night at the Hale? Tuesday, right? :thumbsup

AtomicGT, Tuesday - 5 p.m., we'll see you there.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Aloha,

I never realized how long that course is. In the parade lap The camera car guy seamed to be dying to bust out of the pack and run it much harder. What a nice track, outstanding !:thumbsup

You also mentioned something about a chase lorrie for the luggage in an earlier post. As I recall you have some good experience with that:biggrin. If he is going to follow you, you best send him to a good drivers school first.

It's a long one, isn't it? Now how cool will it be to take a few laps around that?! We should receive a minimum of 2 laps and may get an extra bonus lap being it's our 40th anniversary.

Yeah, that chase lorrie! The cabbie was having so much fun chasing us all around Southern California as I got lost after the Rally. It certainly was the most expensive cab ride...for not being in the cab. Every time I looked back, the taxi driver had this ear to ear grin. You'd think he was driving my Heritage.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
That's about all I can say after watching those 'teaser' videos. I'll have to wait for you guys to offer the trip at a "Buy it Now Price" of $19,995 so I can afford to go! I remember driving my (another) car around Nurburgring, thru the pit lane and paddock. Those videos leave that experience in a distant second place!!

Corbrar, it's not too late! We're welcoming you to join us. Ocean shipping v air freight has brought down the cost, 2 FGTs per 40' container is much more economical, we've secured auto insurance for Europe, etc. Another FGT into the Le Mans fold reduces the shared expenses such as the chase lorrie, tech support and the like considerably. I'm not sure if we can contain it to your BIN price, but as BONY said - it's a trip of lifetime.

I just landed from Miami so don't know how long I can hold out tonight but sometime in the next day or two, I'll be sending out another email. We're ready to place our deposits on the Le Mans accommodations. If you're considering joining the fun, now's the time.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am just 6642 posts behind, heyzus!

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I know I can be slow at times but I cannot navigate to the members section where the details are?

Derry

blown

GT Owner
May 16, 2007
there is a Brit contingent of FGt's going, are you going with Roush UK?
when you finalise your plans for your trip i'm sure we can arrange some Brit welcome hospitality. you have to visit Spa ( 170+ at the end of straight after Eau Rouge last year!)and the Ring on your trip.
regs
Dave Forsbrey - black gt

blown

GT Owner
May 16, 2007
there's even a track day on the 7th July on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit a few days before see www.autotrackdays.com

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Derry - Dave
If you would like to be included in the emails that we are circulating to interested folks contact me at BONYHADI@gmail.com Details are being circulated by email.

This is NOT an official forum event.

High Speed track events are not part of the plan as it sits today. Touring laps of LeMans are. Roush has agreed to provide support services and trail behind with a lorry with the luggage, spare parts and a tech.

We expect to have ten cars on this trip.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
This sounds incredible... might be a trip for the Heritage :biggrin

Bony, can you send me more details?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This sounds incredible... might be a trip for the Heritage :biggrin

Bony, can you send me more details?

Love to have you with us.
Please send me an email to BONYHADI@gmail.com from the email addy you want information sent to and you will be included. We are moving along.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Well, things have just changed on my end a wee little bit.. literally...

We just found out my wife will have a baby in September... flying is out for her in July and I would be killed if I went alone... killed!

This event is going to be sooooo amazing... looking forward to the vids and pics and the planning for the 09 event :cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

We just found out my wife will have a baby in September... flying is out for her in July and I would be killed if I went alone... killed!

This event is going to be sooooo amazing... looking forward to the vids and pics and the planning for the 09 event :cheers

Let me be the first... congratulations!!!!

S

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Let me be the first... congratulations!!!!

S

+1 ! :party

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

congrats, wishing you a happy and healthy little one with ten toes and fingers:wink The next LeMans Classic will be 2010,... hopefully we can do that one as well.:thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
congrats, wishing you a happy and healthy little one with ten toes and fingers:wink The next LeMans Classic will be 2010,... hopefully we can do that one as well.:thumbsup

Congratulations! You and your wife must be thrilled.

Yes, next Classic is 2010; however, this is the final Classic commemorating our car's 40th anniversary win! Next big one is 2016.