Even the boss has dismissed the Viper.

BTW, that is a weak halo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think that's a fantastic marketing plan. It sure beats the plan concocted for the Gen V Viper.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
But it's a ****ing Challenger. Doesn't matter how many horsepower. Horsepower is easy. Cool car is not easy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Your cool car meter needs an adjustment. :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
No it doesn't. My car says I know cool car. Eff that Hellcat. It is doomed to the mediocrity from which it was spawned.

Typical Dodge gunsight visibility forced by the crappy platform it was built on. A thousand pounds overweight. 707 hp? BFD!

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Not everybody can aspire to own a FGT (lambo, F/P-car, etc). This gives a certain large segment of the population something that's closer to their reach to lust after, and feel proud that it is the same brand (or even model) as their own daily driver. Don't be such a car snob, Gary! Have you ever driven one? While they aren't going to threaten your GT in the handling dept, they are very well-balanced and fun to drive (portly as they are). Plus, they can accommodate more than two people! And, no, I still am not going to get one.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Smells like Fchat in here. All the bashing. It is what it is.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Don't be such a car snob, Gary!

Unfair! I deny that. You have no idea about the "ordinary" cars I have owned and loved. It's sad that the President and CEO can call it a "halo car." Really? GTFOH. The Viper is their self-proclaimed supercar, and an aging musclecar gets the HP that any tuner could give it, and it becomes lustworthy?

Also, FENZO, what is what it is? :)

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
:sleep:

:dead:

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I think it's pretty damn cool.....so there!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Did you fall asleep while beating?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Unfair! I deny that. You have no idea about the "ordinary" cars I have owned and loved. It's sad that the President and CEO can call it a "halo car." Really? GTFOH. The Viper is their self-proclaimed supercar, and an aging musclecar gets the HP that any tuner could give it, and it becomes lustworthy?

Also, FENZO, what is what it is? :)

My car snob comment was tongue-in-cheek. Just seems like you really have a beef with Dodge for some reason.

I do agree that the halo car comment by Kuniskis is surprising. I don't think he should use that term so loosely.

I think you underestimate the engineering of the Hellcat package. Heck, I bolted on a KenneBell supercharger onto one of my SRT Challengers for similar horsepower, but with the Hellcat, you get the requisite increase in cooling capacity (so you don't lose all of your newfound power to heatsoak after 1-2 runs), braking, the engineering that comes with a factory-designed total performance package, and (VERY important to many) a full factory warranty.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I didn't see if you guys mentioned this yet, but they're also gonna do a HellCat Charger, although I'm not a fan of what they did to that car.....i.e. 4 door.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Well, if you review this entire thread, I said I think it's cool. I guess I'm hung up on the halo car comment by the pres. Yeah, it's cool. Nothing I would want, but I'm glad to see it. As I said, I hope it stimulates other car makers. The point I guess I failed to make is, it's silly to consider this a halo car. Further, they can't even sell the car that used to be their halo car...with 1/3 off discounting.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I was quite upset when they reincarnated the name for a 4-door...

Agreed!!! Ditto the Chevy "Impala SS"! Back in the day, the "Impala SS" was always, always, ALWAYS a 2 door...

Today's "SS"...?...'My hind foot'...:mad

jjtarnow

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2014
All I can say is that the car is incredible...the power is immense...brakes are insane....the interior is really nice...dash and info center are seriously cool too.

I love this thing....

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
All I can say is that the car is incredible...the power is immense...brakes are insane....the interior is really nice...dash and info center are seriously cool too.

I love this thing....

Congrats! What color and what transmission option? We haven't had any arrive yet around here (South Dakota).

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Glad you like it. I'd be interested to know how much tire you can get under that car. A set of 315s would look killer and would put that HP to proper use.

jjtarnow

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2014
Congrats! What color and what transmission option? We haven't had any arrive yet around here (South Dakota).

I got all black (incredibly ominous looking!), manual transmission...the car isn't "big" feeling at all...it handles much smaller than the weight would suggest. The power is very linear and quite honestly intense...the exhaust note at idle and at (and up to) speed is sick...the downshift burble puts a smile on your face too. The brakes are incredibly impressive...you get a head rush with a quick deceleration. There are a ton of apps that come with the infotainment...full complement of analog drawn digital screen gauges including air induction temp, boost, horsepower/torque (amazing how little horsepower/torque you need to maintain 70mph on the highway), as well as 0-60, 0-100, g-force gauge, etc. The seats are incredibly supportive...I went with the full alcantara seats...I saw the full leather option on another Hellcat and don't think it's worth the additional $1800....one guys opinion though.

Seriously loving the car.....there isn't another car I have ever owned/driven that offers so much for so little (relative to other hot cars).