Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My favorite......Now I look into my paint to see what the weather is like.:wink
_thb_1Aa%20(234).jpg

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
How much time do you allow for the different stages? I'm interested but don't want to miss out on any events or runs while my car is being worked on.

And since it's my only means of transport, I'd have to wait while you did the work.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
My favorite......Now I look into my paint to see what the weather is like.:wink
Looking up is no longer needed with a shine like that :biggrin

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
How much time do you allow for the different stages? I'm interested but don't want to miss out on any events or runs while my car is being worked on.

And since it's my only means of transport, I'd have to wait while you did the work.
Stage II - Approximately 2 hours
Stage IV - Approx. 2-3 hours
Stage V - Approx. 3-4 hours

It would not be possible for me to take on everyone's car by myself, so I will be bringing trained and experienced assistance - However they will not be working with your paintwork by any means. I couldn't trust your clear coat in anyone else's hands but my own. Not to say they would neglect any aspect of your paintwork, my knowledge of this area makes me uncomfortable letting anyone else do it. But they will be proving to me their knowledge and caution when it comes to detailing interiors and engine compartments my way, long before the Rally. They won't be moving any Ford GT's. I've worked with these people before and they know I run a tight ship. :thumbsup

I don't have a 45 minute while-you-wait service, however, if there is an Enterprise Rent-A-Car location, I will be happy to arrange them to pick you up and drop you off if you purchased a rental ($30?) plus you could use my account and get 10% off.

If anyone has any questions or special requests, please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to work with you.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
SAI is putting together a plan on where I can detail out of, as the area originally set aside is in use. I am still trying to figure out if they're open on Saturday since I'll need to detail on that day too. I will keep everyone updated, I was hoping to have an itinerary together by now but need to know what hours I will have access to the shop. I am guessing it isn't an easy answer if they don't know where I'll be working yet, I am still trying to find it out. Thanks guys,

Jason

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jason, just FYI, the Shelby factory starts work at 4:30 AM. The boys get a lunch break at 10:30 (the only time they give tours), and they're closed by 1:30. There's a reason for this - the heat. Also FYI, many of the guys working there are incarcerated prisoners on a work-release program from the prison which is close by. Perhaps you could practice in Joliet to get ready?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Also FYI, many of the guys working there are incarcerated prisoners on a work-release program from the prison which is close by. Perhaps you could practice in Joliet to get ready?

May I offer one tip
If you drop your wallet, kick it Lake Mead :biggrin

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Jason, just FYI, the Shelby factory starts work at 4:30 AM. The boys get a lunch break at 10:30 (the only time they give tours), and they're closed by 1:30. There's a reason for this - the heat. Also FYI, many of the guys working there are incarcerated prisoners on a work-release program from the prison which is close by. Perhaps you could practice in Joliet to get ready?
Frank,

If you're serious about those hours, this is going to be a huge problem. I don't care how early I need to start, I'm usually up at 4:30 for work anyways, but ending at 1:30.....:ack

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That's when they let the workers off and return them to the pokey. The facility, I'm sure, can stay open. The plant is 2/3 mustang conversion and 1/3 cobra production. Many lifts and lots of open space with a large parking lot full of mustangs to be converted. You probably need to start working on this and clear it up.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
That's when they let the workers off and return them to the pokey. The facility, I'm sure, can stay open. The plant is 2/3 mustang conversion and 1/3 cobra production. Many lifts and lots of open space with a large parking lot full of mustangs to be converted. You probably need to start working on this and clear it up.
I started weeks ago, but this is the one question I keep asking without ever getting an answer for so far. :ack

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
What does your schedule look like on the Rally?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
What does your schedule look like on the Rally?
We'll be busy for the three days we have, as for specifics I hope to have that planned soon.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
We're still working to sort this out and verify if I may actually detail out of SAI or not. My questions were going unanswered so I mentioned this to Dave, and now Dave is looking into this as well. As you know I hoped to have this planned weeks ago with everyone scheduled and taken care of, but when you run into obstacles that pertain to where you will be working out of, everything has to be put on hold until this is ironed out. Thank you all for your patience and as soon as this issue is finished, I will be in touch with everyone that submitted the request form online and get a date setup to give your GT's the best detailing experience out there. :thumbsup

Jason Gauer
(847) 343-4180
Jason@jasonsautospa.com

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Scheduling has commenced!

However, the hours SAI has allowed me to utilize their facility do not provide enough time to take care of everyone and I am looking into an alternative option.

I flew back to Scottsdale first thing yesterday morning as a family friend is very ill. My schedule itself is a little mixed up but please expect to hear from me in the next two days about getting on the schedule.

Thank you,

Jason

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
A big thank you to Gordon Wolf for letting us detail out his home; located about six miles off of the main strip. I have had some questions today about my schedule and the itinerary for Rally III.

See DBK's Rally III tentative itinerary below:
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138936&postcount=336

I will be arriving in Las Vegas on the 10th, and detailing on the 11th, 12th, and 13th. I am sending out E-mails to those customers that have filled out the form as we speak. Thanks guys,

Jason
(847) 343-4180

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Please note that those customers that requested to be contacted by telephone instead of E-mail will be called tomorrow. An E-mail will still be sent since you may read it before I call. Feel free to call me too, (847) 343-4180.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Transportation Back to THEHotel

After dropping off your GT for detailing, we can arrange for a taxi cab to pick you up and take you to wherever you would like to go.

How long will detailing take?

Approximately 2-3 hours. Simply put, please do not confuse efficiency and a strict methodical process with cutting corners. :thumbsup

Hours Available

6:00 AM - 7:00 PM. These hours may be adjusted based on demand for overnight detailing.

I would like my GT detailed late at night/overnight

For early A.M. appointments, you can drop off your GT the night prior and we will give you a ride back to THEHotel. In the morning, please see the taxi cab starter for a ride to our location.

I understand that no one wants to miss out on any GT Rally events and I am working with Dave to figure out the hours for the A.M. Road Rally on Saturday.

Thanks,

Jason
(847) 343-4180

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Good talking with you.
2-3 hours for the premium packages as well? Please clarify I think the Mark IV with engine detail will be fine for me.
Then you can post pictures of #1153 on the Yugo, Pacer, Tribant and Pinto forums.
Thanks for offering to give me the moderator's discount (models spend evening in my suite at THE HOTEL but Mrs. Bony will be with me) but out of principal must decline.

Last edited:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
My apologies for not getting around to calling everyone today and tonight, I spent most of the day in the hospital waiting room. The news is not good, unfortunately it is only a matter of time. My friend's heart is only at about 25% capacity and we're doing our best to think of his wishes and comforting his transition. A very sad day today and I appreciate all of the well wishes via E-mail and voice mail, thank you all very much. This all stemmed from a massive heart attack and since he was diabetic, he did not have the classic signs of a heart attack - Rather only flu-like symptoms, so this was very hard to see coming. Please have him in your prayers for a comfortable transition, it is all we can wish for. Thank you.

bony,

The premium packages utilize better products and the time is very similar. There is more attention to detail the higher you go. Investment wise, the nicer the detail the longer it will protect your clear coat and repel water. The Stage II is the most basic, but isn't much for longevity. IMHO and I am not trying to persuade, you guys are already here spending the money, a little extra to upgrade the stage will go a longer way than paying to have it detailed again. My most popular package is my Stage IV by far, it is what I have my reputation built on, and the Stage V is for the critics that have experienced the Stage IV and want to be blown away.

For those customers that I did get to talk to, it was a pleasure speaking to you and I look forward to meeting you in person very soon.

Again thank you for all the well wishes, it is truly appreciated. Absolutely devastating to see anyone have to do this or go through this, let alone his father and the rest of his family. Please hold your family close and remember that our choices today dictate our life tomorrow and this could have happened to just about anyone.

Thank you...