Danica Patrick's remarks on The View

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
The following is a letter I sent to Barbara Walters, Autoweek, Car and Driver and David Letterman.:

"DANICA, I DON’T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT

My wife is a fan of The View. While watching a current telecast she brought to my attention that Danica Patrick was one of the featured guest hosts. I was very much taken aback when Ms Patrick publicly started on the program her enthusiasm for exceeding posted speed limits (65mpj when posted at 45mpj) and related liberties on the public roadways. I personally am an automotive enthusiast and have raced cars (on tracks) and enjoy the attributes of cars. What distressed me the most is that I have a young daughter who just received her learners permit and is looking forward to her driver’s license. Remarks such as the aforementioned by an individual in the public view and possibly idolized by young viewers sets a very poor example. I am sure that other parents as well as law enforcement cringed at those remarks and the potential repercussions. Perhaps it was immaturity or some other negative motivation that resulted in those ill conceived statements. I will now have to consider placing a parental control for The View on my television set. As for automotive racing, I feel that she is a poor spokesperson for the sport based upon her current remarks.

Dr Mark Block

Boca Raton Florida"

As an aside, I found a source for the tire sealant at $25. http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/conticomfortkit/index.jsp

I just ordered several inflators and a spare refill for my other cars. I have been told by other owners that the refill from a dealer is approximately $100. You guy's owe me on this one.

Mark (doccars)

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Thanks Mark! I just ordered one.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Hey Mark,
How's it going? It's Tim of little timmy from the rally. Just read your thread and though I don't disagree with your feelings or concerns you have considering your daughter, I don't feel that it's a very big deal whatDanic said. The things that we do that are miner offenses and not of criminal intent is what gives us that little bit of excitement from time to time. Rolling through a stop sign... turning your lights off at night on a deserted road to drive by the lights of the stars or to even exceed the speed limit from time to time. My son will unfortunately speed without my consent and most of our children probably will at one time or another. And its not because Danica does. You and your wife are good people and I'm sure have done a fine job of raising your daughter and if she speeds, I would hate to think that you would blame Danica because of it.

I sure don't want to cause a big stir on this thread and possibly insult anyone here but we all make choices on our own and I think sometimes our biggest influences help make those rather it be our parents, our friends or our loved ones or maybe, just maybe we make them on our own of our own fault or praise. I honestly feel that if we are to point out our concerns about what Danica says in the public eye in regards to speeding than we should be writing letters to everyone about our concerns. The news for showing violence, the dramas for showing violence, the comedy shows for showing violence, the commercials for showing violence... getting my point? I just don't think speeding is that big of an influential descision.

Best Regards,
Tim :thumbsup

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Teen driving schools

Check out this week's Auto Week. It's got some great articles on teen driving schools. Then click on http://www.xtrememeasures.org/index2.cfm?CFID=1988850&CFTOKEN=28358771
They have a great teen driving school. I'm familiar with the owners and drive with them from time to time.

G.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wow, she said she went 65 in a 45... so that makes her a poor role model?

Never been caught with drugs.
Never posed nude.
Ignored dissenters that told her "women can't do this"

... pore role model indeed.

The president of our country and arguably the leader of the free world:
1) Clinton said he smoked dope and
2) Bush refused to comment about his cocaine use

but she admitted to going 65 in a 45. Kudos Doc, your standards are higher than mine.
Sports_Illustrated_Cover_Danica_Patrick_Indy_500.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Doc, thanks for the lead on the refill, I ordered one.

Now, not wanting to stick my nose in your family matters, the Mrs. is spending far to much time in front of the tube. May I recommend you fire the pool boy, discontinue the lawn service, cancel the detail service, and give her a list of assignments that need to be accomplished on a daily basis. As I type this Mrs. Bony is cleaning out the gutters and then I have her scheduled to change the filters on the pool. You will thank me for this advise. Wait till that lesbo Rosie comes on the show, then you will be really phucked :biggrin :banana :biggrin

Now I am really upset about what Danica said, and I am ready to give her a spanking :party :banana :party

Fubar... good point about her not posing nude, after the spanking I will recommend strongly that she consider a spread in NRA Riffleman magazine.
First place a good old American boy turns to for finer literature :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

Now onward to another thread where Picola admitting to exceeding the speed limit (something about doing it in school zones, hospital zones, etc.) :bs

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tmstunts#1233 said:
Hey Mark,
How's it going? It's Tim of little timmy from the rally. Just read your thread and though I don't disagree with your feelings or concerns you have considering your daughter, I don't feel that it's a very big deal whatDanic said. The things that we do that are miner offenses and not of criminal intent is what gives us that little bit of excitement from time to time. Rolling through a stop sign... turning your lights off at night on a deserted road to drive by the lights of the stars or to even exceed the speed limit from time to time. My son will unfortunately speed without my consent and most of our children probably will at one time or another. And its not because Danica does. You and your wife are good people and I'm sure have done a fine job of raising your daughter and if she speeds, I would hate to think that you would blame Danica because of it.

I sure don't want to cause a big stir on this thread and possibly insult anyone here but we all make choices on our own and I think sometimes our biggest influences help make those rather it be our parents, our friends or our loved ones or maybe, just maybe we make them on our own of our own fault or praise. I honestly feel that if we are to point out our concerns about what Danica says in the public eye in regards to speeding than we should be writing letters to everyone about our concerns. The news for showing violence, the dramas for showing violence, the comedy shows for showing violence, the commercials for showing violence... getting my point? I just don't think speeding is that big of an influential descision.

Best Regards,
Tim :thumbsup

Tim, endangering the lives of others is a serious matter, bad judgement!
You might want to delete your comments...
or ...
:bs :bs
Up against the wall...
Spread em...
Ford GT Forum Morality Cop - Bony (It was Stefan's job to watch this place, he left me in charge) :pop :pop :pop

I am going to get me a cold one and watch this thread. :willy

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Doccars-

What do you say to your daughter as she drives down Glades road in Boca? If you drove the posted 45 mph limit you'd surely get rear ended. Everyone must do 55-65 mph on a regular basis. What about teaching "drive with the flow of traffic" irrespective of an arbitrary sign? Might be safer. Of course I have never been one to blindly follow any rule, particularly those of the "victimless" variety.

What do I know though, my only kid is a Golden Retriever. I am a great role model for him...lots of food and lots of sleep. :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
What do I know though, my only kid is a Golden Retriever. I am a great role model for him...lots of food and lots of sleep. :biggrin

Hey Chris, don't be sad, you can adopt me, I do food and sleep real good :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
Hey Chris, don't be sad, you can adopt me, I do food and sleep real good :cheers

As long as you bring Bouncy with you... :lol

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
lighten 'Doc', the girl is a wonderful driver, a great role model and I think you need to take a 'chill pill'. I saw her comments and she said them in jest. What do you want to do take away her drivers license? We all speed, most pf the time we don't get caught.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Bony....Do you have any avatars with Danica in them?

My wife did yardwork all afternoon today, cooked supper and takes care of our pool as well......under my supervision of course. Perhaps Bony and I should open a chain of "wife training" schools?

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
LEMANSZ said:
lighten 'Doc', the girl is a wonderful driver, a great role model and I think you need to take a 'chill pill'. I saw her comments and she said them in jest. What do you want to do take away her drivers license? We all speed, most pf the time we don't get caught.
I tend to Agree with this.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
bony said:
Tim, endangering the lives of others is a serious matter, bad judgement!
You might want to delete your comments...
or ...
:bs :bs
Up against the wall...
Spread em...
Ford GT Forum Morality Cop - Bony (It was Stefan's job to watch this place, he left me in charge) :pop :pop :pop

I am going to get me a cold one and watch this thread. :willy
BONY,

I....... :bs :bs :bs :bs and now I'm spread and up against the wall

:ack

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Prowler said:
My wife did yardwork all afternoon today, cooked supper and takes care of our pool as well......under my supervision of course. Perhaps Bony and I should open a chain of "wife training" schools?

Good idea, when mine gets done with sanding and painting the fence I will have her straighten up the loft. That will keep her away from the Mall.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tmstunts#1233 said:
BONY,

I....... :bs :bs :bs :bs and now I'm spread and up against the wall

:ack

Well that is quite a vision, I hope little Timmy is in his crib... and you and Mrs Tim... well never mind, we will have to move this discussion to BONYWORLD in the private section :banana

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
You're the best bony, Want everyone here to know that he drove all the way down from above or around Fresno??????? to Santa Monica to drive north with the rest of the socal crew to Santa Barbara... That's dedication

And he was at detroit toooo :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Bony,
Can I help with the spanking?? I think most members would want pics too??? :biggrin

doccars

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 10, 2005
Danica Comments (DOCCARS replies to Bony and others)

The ploy worked, now I know who the true Danica fans are.

I would be nieve to think that many if not all of us have at one time or another done what you have stated. The mere fact that we have or do own the type of automobiles and race (including myself) attests to our need for speed. My problem with Danica is that unlike most of the other drivers, male and female, she is like a 14 year old in an adult's body. Her public displays both verbally and during races (when she didn’t finish at Michigan after running out of fuel and started making public gestures etc.) attests to her immaturity. I suppose that adds some additional interest to the sport. It is almost worth watching her race to see what she will say or do next. Some day she may actually grow up and then motor sports will be boring. In the immortal words of Danica after last years Indy Race, "Don't hate me just because I am beautiful".

Bony, I have to fess up, it is actually me who watches the View. My wife likes Monday night football and boxing. I have to tear her away from the tube to tell her that I just put dinner on the table and I will have to heat her dinner up that I just prepared. This of course is after I pour her another cold beer. Perhaps when you are in the neighborhood, we can watch all the new episodes of The View with Rosy. I will start taping them for us. Afterwards, we can drive the neighborhood (below the speed limit of course for safety) and write down the tag numbers of all those that go over the posted limit and don't come to a complete stop at all posted stop signs.

When we get back to the house hopefully my wife will surrender the remote control after I clean up the kitchen and walk the dogs. In all fairness to my wife, she does take care of dinner once a month. She either orders Chinese or Italian. It is always two of her favorite dishes and if I am lucky I will actually find that there is one that I like.

Chris: You should know better about Glades Rd. I have taken defensive driving classes just to be able to survive on that road. One needs to avoid this road during early bird hours (For those of you not from Florida, this is the one meal of the day when some senior citizens come out of hibernation to negotiate the roads for a discounted dinner. Since it usually is between 4-7PM the rest of us are at extreme risk.) If you are visiting the area the tip off is a Camry or Buick with several senior citizens packed into the car with it being difficult to see any heads when traveling from behind. The other tip off is a flower attached to the antenna. This is so they can find their car in a crowded parking lot. The problem is that when they all park together it looks like a field of roses and adds to mass confusion that usually continues as they are driving down the road (Now that most cars don't even have a traditional antenna, this creates even more chaos).

To Tim and everyone else that may have gotten the impression that I maintain cetain virtues: Perhaps the above clarifies where I am coming from.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Cyclenirvana said:
Bony,
Can I help with the spanking?? I think most members would want pics too??? :biggrin

no problem, bring your camera... I am ready :party :pop :party