Cost of Oil Change?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Two points. 1) Revenge is a priority for you and 2) you have a decent memory.... given your age. :rofl

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I am a new owner taking delivery of my 2005 FGT w/2000 miles tomorrow! The first thing on my "to-do" list is to take my car to the Ford dealer for a oil change. I searched the forum trying to find out what the average charge $$ is for this at a Ford dealer but could not find anything. How much are you guys paying for an oil change? My dealer said it would be about $220. Sounds high, much higher than my Viper oil changes. Please advise...

Thanks!

My dealer will change mine for free as long as I own the car! :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sam...
Will be settiing up a new subforum over at BONYLAND just for you. We will call it THE CASTRO. Over there you won't have to worry about offending he straights on the board :)

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
'Suggest you SPEAK WITH the "tech" who'll be doing the oil change BEFORE the job is done. Ask him specifically WHERE/HOW he lifts the car (if he isn't using a 4 poster hoist). 'Very important it's lifted P-R-O-P-E-R-L-Y. (This assumes the work isn't done by a Forum member recommended dealer who's had experience with same.)

Also, ask him what his proceedure is when STARTING the car after the oil's been changed. Have him take you step by step so YOU know HE knows. (If you don't know that proceedure yourself, just say so and someone here will gladly outline if for you. )

There have been some real H-O-R-R-O-R stories about oil changes involving supposedly factory trained GT techs. :cheers

I must admit I have no idea what the STARTING procedure is after an oil change. I would love to have someone tell me so I know what to look for.

Thanks again everyone!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Depress throttle and crank engine to prime.

Use search buttron to find most answers...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For some great reading order the service manual .Everything you would want to know and how to do it .I read it for fun !!!!I know I am not alone in this !!!

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
For some great reading order the service manual .Everything you would want to know and how to do it .I read it for fun !!!!I know I am not alone in this !!!

I ordered one yesterday on ebay. Both the service manual and the wiring book are already on the way.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
UB2SLOW-

Kendell (Nota4re) as well as others have given you excellent advise. Many of us on the Forum have first hand experience in doing much of the GT maintence. Kendell's advice to use only the Motorcraft fluids and the engineering team torque recommendations is echoed here as well. Stick with factory recommendations, ESPECIALLY engine oil/transaxle fluids. And make sure the DEALER follows the fluid recommendations of Ford to the letter.

This car/engine is not your typical Focus....

Welcome to GT ownership and the Forum!

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
I've had the oil in my 05 changed twice. Due for its yearly now. First time free. Second one about $160. My dealer lets me watch the entire service and I usually help putting the belly pan screws in when service is completed. I have been very pleased with the service from my local dealer. Even though somewhat rural, they have a certified GT mechanic (having sold 4 GTs) and are GT owner friendly.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
.........I have been very pleased with the service from my local dealer. Even though somewhat rural, they have a certified GT mechanic (having sold 4 GTs) and are GT owner friendly.

Count your blessings. Here in SoCal where there is a fairly sizable owner base, the dealerships are few and far between that one feels comfortable with. We have been blessed to have folks like nota4re, Stillen, etc... carry the flag instead.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I usaully change my oil on new cars after 500 miles.

I follow a similar schedule.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I must admit I have no idea what the STARTING procedure is after an oil change. I would love to have someone tell me so I know what to look for.

Thanks again everyone!

A "search" can be a pain, so....:

1. Turn the key to the on position.
2. Now push the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there.
3. With the 'pedal still on the floor, push and hold the start button. (The engine "start" function is disabled by the key/ 'pedal position or both. I don't remember now. But, the engine won't start.)
4. Let 'engine crank until you see oil pressure via the gauge in the dash.
Upon seeing pressure, release the start button, BEFORE you let up on the 'pedal.
5.Release the pedal and then start normally.

Last edited:

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
A "search" can be a pain, so....:

1. Turn the key to the on position.
2. Now push the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there.
3. With the 'pedal still on the floor, push and hold the start button. (The engine "start" function is disabled by the key/ 'pedal position or both. I don't remember now. But, the engine won't start.)
4. Let 'engine crank until you see oil pressure via the gauge in the dash.
Upon seeing pressure, release the start button, BEFORE you let up on the 'pedal.
5.Release the pedal and then start normally.

Well my car arrived today and I went for a long drive. This is an awesome car! Many of you have indicated 2nd gear and reverse are difficult when cold. I did not experience that with my car. This gear box is smooth as can be for all gears, cold or hot.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will change the oil Monday and print off all of your advise to bring with me.

Thanks again guys!