Congratulations Heffner, PeakCompletions, Gary Javo!

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Just bought 2 copies. Great job by Heffner!

Aug 25, 2006
Simply AWESOME !!

What a great package

Takes care

Shadowman

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulation Guys. Thanks Dave for posting the article. Wait until I mount that new GE F/A-18 jet engine with afterburners on my 2000 pound Lotus, it should come close to beating Peak's car.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Jason. Hmmm, I wonder what your backlog is looking like these days...I have a check burning a hole in my back pocket. :lol

Thanks Dave for the additional "back stage" color.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Congratulations to Ray Hoffman, Gary Javo and Jason Heffner for putting on an impressive overall performance. I hate to lose at anything. But these guys won while playing the game with class - so they all have my respect.

Classy +2:thumbsup
Jason congrads.:thumbsup
Like Joe's GT it is amazing what these GT's stock will take and still hold up.:wink

Ps. I wish I knew about the event I have a cabin near the base and was probably their with the GT around that time.

Last edited:

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Congratulations Jason. You earned my respect well before I joined this forum or entertained the thought of fulfilling my 40 year wish of owning a GT - when I read the C&D article about your TTGT and TTG. Amazed as I was with the performance of these two machines, I was more impressed hearing the story of the young and gifted designer, engineer and tech. Such thoughtful and quality design and build work. You clearly are a 'step above' and it's just great to see your excellence more broadly recognized.
The day I buy my second GT, it'll be on it's way to your shop.
Again, congratulations.
Rich

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Greatest Congrats to Heffner and Crew, Ray , Gary Javo and
Bernard !!!!

Incredible Article !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dave for this thread !!!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Congratulations Jason. You earned my respect well before I joined this forum or entertained the thought of fulfilling my 40 year wish of owning a GT - when I read the C&D article about your TTGT and TTG. Amazed as I was with the performance of these two machines, I was more impressed hearing the story of the young and gifted designer, engineer and tech. Such thoughtful and quality design and build work. You clearly are a 'step above' and it's just great to see your excellence more broadly recognized.
The day I buy my second GT, it'll be on it's way to your shop.
Again, congratulations.
Rich

Jason, have not met you yet but your reputation preceeds you. Others have sung your high laurels. I look forward to the April event and seeing your shop.
Rich says is all!
Congratulations on a job well done for the whole FGT owner community!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congratulations to Jason and the Shop hands !! :cheers Great Job Guys !! :thumbsup

SuperGTman

May 23, 2007
Great job Jason! Just think how faster you could have run if they would have let you go get ice!

Ray you put together one hell of a machine and Gary J did a hell of a job being the pilot.

I thought that hired gun that ran the Lambo for Mr. Voom did a fantastic job too.

Norm was a good sport and good competition, a hell of a lot of homework and money went into that Vette.

All I can say Hennessey ran good numbers too... good thing I was there to rescue him at the dyno ....he still could be stuck there.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
As a life-long C&D fan, I was thrilled to see the issue waiting on my desk this morning. They usually get things right and I love the loose canon approach they take to performance write ups. They got this one spot on.

I especially liked Heffner's positive comments regarding the GT's robust engine.

Ya' done us proud, and it was nice to see our loyal and beloved GT open up a family sized can of butt whoopin' on the also-rans.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Im gonna go buy a copy tommorow. Good job heffner!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Proving once and for all....

......That the yellow GT with black stripes, is the fastest. Great article. Dave and Camillo get to do all the cool stuff.

Chip

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Thanks Dave for posting the article up. I just now have had a chance to get on the internet to catch up and here it is. THANK YOU! :cheers

I spent the last 4 days trying to find the magazine here in West Texas to no avail..

Yesterday morning, while getting a haircut, the mailman delivered a copy of C&D... lucky the girl didn't cut off an ear while I jumped up to get a first look at the article. Needless to say I was a little bit excited.

The trip to Detroit was unbelievable. From checking things out at Ford's test track and meeting a bunch of the design engineers, to cruising around Detroit with DBK, Camilo and crew, to pulling up at the hotel in the rain at 2am in the cars and watching the complete look of disbelief on Norm's face the night before the event.. it was great!

Like Jason told the magazine editors, although it was not quoted, "I would not bring a car that wouldn't perform, and be able to go home with the owners"... we beat on the car all day and night before the event, we competed and won, performing a standing mile event on pump gas after the competition, and street raced all the way home...

It could not have been done without Jason, who built such an amazing machine, or without Gary who undoubtably made it happen with a superb display of driving skill. It is an unbeatable team and one that I am proud to be a part of. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Now that we can talk about it, look forward to some killer videos, pictures and write ups from Gary and myself soon.

2 hands off the wheel from 200 up and full acceleration, 2 hands off the wheel from 180 down full brakes... what an amazing car. Thanks Jason, Thanks FORD! :banana :banana :banana

Last edited:

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Wow!!! Congrats to Ray and Jason and Gary! Ray did a great job maintaining confidentiality and the wait was worth it! You have done us all proud! :cheers

Mar 15, 2006
All I can say Hennessey ran good numbers too... good thing I was there to rescue him at the dyno ....he still could be stuck there.

Not sure what you did for us to rescue us from the dyno. But I sure could have used your help on race day! :cheers

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
The GT took 7.4 seconds to stop from 200 mph.

Wow.

Very impressive. The article states that the GT has "Ford racing rotors".

Does anyone know if they are different than stock?

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Congrats to Heffner. When it's time to bump the power of the GT's and Gallardo my cars are going to Jason.

Jason, can you fit your gear in a GTX and the Gallardo Spyder?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
slider, the racing rotors are lighter and have floating hats. About $1700 for fronts, and another $1700 for rears. They just fit right in , no mods to anything, including calipers.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Very impressive. The article states that the GT has "Ford racing rotors".

Does anyone know if they are different than stock?

Yes they are Kent