Congratulations Heffner, PeakCompletions, Gary Javo!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That rocks !

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Given how everything performed, I may get back into a GT before any other car. Those numbers are freakin' crazy! It's funny how much faster (as well as braking) it is than a TTG.

I think the GT is the ultimate high speed car. With no aero adjustments the car ended up going 232 mph. Both hands completely off at near 220mph. A killer 0-100, and a killer 0-200. The best braking in the group. All from a car that is very close to stock outside of the twins. The car is way over-engineered for the stock power, and it shows by how well it performs at double the output.

I think the Gallardo will end up being an extremely popular choice because it puts down the power better than most cars. That same car has run repeated 10s@135 now, and its about 100rwhp less than the current versions. For dead dig racing and quick bursts, it's extremely hard to beat. And it wins the soundtrack contest.

If it was a pure drag competition, neither would have had a chance against the Viper. Turn the Viper up and take it to a real dragstrip, and it's impossible to beat.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I think the GT is the ultimate high speed car. With no aero adjustments the car ended up going 232 mph. Both hands completely off at near 220mph. A killer 0-100, and a killer 0-200. The best braking in the group. All from a car that is very close to stock outside of the twins. The car is way over-engineered for the stock power, and it shows by how well it performs at double the output.

I think the Gallardo will end up being an extremely popular choice because it puts down the power better than most cars. That same car has run repeated 10s@135 now, and its about 100rwhp less than the current versions. For dead dig racing and quick bursts, it's extremely hard to beat. And it wins the soundtrack contest.

If it was a pure drag competition, neither would have had a chance against the Viper. Turn the Viper up and take it to a real dragstrip, and it's impossible to beat.

You hit all points 100% DBK

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I would love to the see what the Gallardo could manage with AWD. To me, that's a big part of the car's appeal....instant traction!

Dave, can you tell us what type or rubber the others were on? We know the GT was on A6 Hoosiers, and I see a pic of a BFG DR in the Viper pic...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Viper was BFG DR's, Gallardo was on the same tire (I think). All the cars except the S7 were on some type of extra-traction tire. I remember looking at the Vette tires and they were some type of thin grooved tire like the Hoosiers.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Part of that is that the all the dyno numbers are wrong. No way the GT (or any midengine car) loses as much through the driveline as the Vette. Probably 4-5% less. So, what the motors actually produce is wrong. They just use 15% as an assumption for all the cars.

I was thinking the same thing. When you say 4-5% less, I assume you're talking 4-5% of the total rwhp, which is like a 30% difference in the absolute amount of frictional loss (say 10% vs 15%)....not at all insignificant!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Another little tidbit...I have an LPE 415 ZR-1 with Wilwood brakes that is very similar to the August 1998 shootout winner referenced in the article, which took 7.7 seconds to stop from 150 mph.

The GT took 7.4 seconds to stop from 200 mph.

Wow.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You have to give props to Gary and the FRPP pieces. Takes a bigger man than I to flat out MASH the brakes at 200. With stock belts. :willy

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
This again proves that "Value-For-Money" will always rise to the surface. The Ford Gt has done so with outstanding results...not to shoddy when you figure that it's also more than capable of a quick run to the 7-11 for more chips 'n dips!
Let's see what happens to the asking prices now (especially the BLACK one's!).

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Has this magazine hit the shelfs yet?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Has this magazine hit the shelfs yet?

I believe so.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Subscribers should have it, and it shipped last week, so it should be on shelves soon. I'm buying a copy for every bathroom in the house :biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
More fuel to the fire....

I will just add to this as someone that owns a Twin Turbo Heffner FORD GT that the car is simply amazing! I have not had one single flaw with mine since return. Nothing, Nadda! The car has gotta be the fastest streetable car period. I love mine and will have a hard time parting with it. If I do sell it, I will probably just build me a TT Heritage! :banana

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Subscribers should have it, and it shipped last week, so it should be on shelves soon. I'm buying a copy for every bathroom in the house :biggrin

Sir, your magazines have been flagged. They have been in a bathroom. :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My mailman is a slow reader,...
No C&D in my mailbox yet :(

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Congratulations to Ray Hoffman, Gary Javo and Jason Heffner for putting on an impressive overall performance. I hate to lose at anything. But these guys won while playing the game with class - so they all have my respect.

Classy!! :thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
So, the question to be answered is: TT or the super Whipple? I hope we find out soon.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Peak's car is TT, there is no way to pull those kind of numbers with a blower.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I would love to the see what the Gallardo could manage with AWD. To me, that's a big part of the car's appeal....instant traction!

I've been in Bernards car (green SE) in 2wd, it doesn't need the AWD to put the power down, trust me! I've yet to drive or ride in a TT FGT, but after spending time in the Gallardo TT, I can't imagine anything on the road being faster.

Congrats to the Heffner crew!

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
I can't thank everyone enough for your enthusiasm. The article really doesn't begin to describe what an incredible week we had during this event. Thanks to Ray for allowing us to build the car and thanks to Gary for doing an incredible job driving it. Another important bunch that I'd like to thank are all of the guys that work in the shop without whom this would have never happeed.

I also want to thank DBK, Camillo and friends for, uuh, showing us around Michigan and making the whole experience so much better.

Our mission was to make the Ford GT and Gallardo communities proud. I hope we've done so.

I look at it as a badge of honor to have even been invited to compete with such legendary names in the automotive world. Thanks to all of the other competitors as well. Everyone involved was so gracious to one another that you would have never guessed that we were all competing at the same event. I can't wait for the next one.