Concours Italiano in Monterey, California

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
OK GT Owners... It's that time of the year again to register for the Ford GT - Supercar Coral at the Concours Italiano in Monterey. There are 4 of us are signed up to date... lets have a big showing!

http://concorso.com/

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
I will be in Monterey, but at the Quail. That event is very nice, and different every year.

Craig

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
I will also be in Montery at the Concorso but with the Pantera.
The best of both worlds Italian and Ford.
Jerry

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
OK GT Owners... It's that time of the year again to register for the Ford GT - Supercar Coral at the Concours Italiano in Monterey. There are 4 of us are signed up to date... lets have a big showing!

http://concorso.com/

Great, I am in, lets organize a dinner... Stokes again? Was tasty and we had a nice private room.:banana

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Monterey

OK, make that 5 GT's. We're booked. Monterey should be a nice drive from Flagstaff. Look forward to meeting y'all. Any suggestions on hotels, and count us (2) in on dinner?
Barry & Arlette

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Count me in.

Raddox

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 24, 2006
Fair Oaks, CA
I'm signed up.
Bill

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Several folks have asked me about accomodations during the car week.
The answer is get some now, and be prepared to be raped as all the dumps triple their rates. sorry, that is the way it is.:thumbsdow

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
What's available near the event? I'll be there!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What's available near the event? I'll be there!!

If your female, young and in good shape, send naked pictures of yourself.
Maybe you can squeeze into my bed...:lol Just kidding, try every search engine you can think of and GOOD LUCK!

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
If your female, young and in good shape, send naked pictures of yourself.
Maybe you can squeeze into my bed...:lol Just kidding, try every search engine you can think of and GOOD LUCK!

images.jpg

GOT ROOM?

Seriously A good time to try for a room if you can't get one now is 30 days before the event as many rooms are reserved "just in case" and the cancellation policy at most place that weekend is 30 days in advance. Some place may even have a waiting list.

Craig

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SAAC is taking orders for Coral Passes for Laguna Seca Aug 17-19
see page 6 of the Norcal June newsletter. Last year was a kick,... I am in.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I am in. Actually, I would steer everyone away from Stokes for dinner and possibly to Fresh Cream or Tarpy's. I am more than happy to help organize dinner and events. Typically other car clubs get rooms at the Hyatt and the lot will be safe because it will be full of exotics.

Another option is renting one of the many $10+M mansions. Many of them come with chefs, maids, etc.. but if you get several couples together it is reasonable. Ample parking, pools, view, beach front, etc..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey, anybody that wants to organize anything, step up. Last year we had a private room in Stokes, no issue parking the FGT's, walked to the auction. The food was good, nice wine selection.

Tarpey's (owned by the same folks at Rio Grill & Montrio) has great food, but far away from the action. Fresh Creme can be good, but I have found it to be below par most of the times. For fine dining my favorites are Bouche and L'Auberge in Carmel... However, this is a car weekend, and the evenings will find me at the auctions, after a nice dinner.

Normally I book Montrio for one night, simply because the food is reliable and the location is perfect for auction goers.
'
Regarding renting a house, good luck, most of them are rerented each year by the same folks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ok, I made a reservation for Friday night the 17th at 6pm for 12 people.
Have the lobby room booked, and are wait listed for the Captains room, Please sign up here:-
Mr. & Mrs. Bony
Mr. & Mrs. Awsum GT
Mr. & Mrs. Marv R.
Shelby #18 - Rick & guest
Flagstaff GT - Barry & Arlette
Raddox - Bill & Lurline
shelby 18 - rick + three friends
------
14 dinner closed

I will leave it to someone else to book Saturday night. Hurry up as reservations are hard to come by.

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'm in, and Bony I'm signing up for the SAAC Corral also. May have 1 guest.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Rick,
I edited the post above. I will join you Saturday at the track and coral.
Can't wait.
Cheers,
daniel

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So let me get this straight - Mrs. Bony is good enough for the Italiano, but not for the GT crowd? What are we, chopped liver?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
So let me get this straight - Mrs. Bony is good enough for the Italiano, but not for the GT crowd? What are we, chopped liver?

HELL NO, YOUR PATE (FTF).
:lol :biggrin :lol

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Woops