Clutch and Brake Fluid

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
The GiroDisc set up that Scott sells is way better for the GT if you've got your hustle on.
Better vane design and about 4lbs lighter per corner.
I did make a air scoop set up for the front brakes that directs air to the brake/hub so not sure how effective its on temps but my hunch its a decent amount.
Rears just are so much more isolated away from air flow (wide tires) that they hit in 400's degree mark on the calliper face.

Ive never pulled into pits when on a hot lap to check rotor temps but it would be nice for interest to know the numbers

Stuart A

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Do you have front brake cooling ducts?

Maybe a small air scoop on a couple belly pan bolts could direct some air toward the rear brakes.
I did that for the fronts.... the rears 3D printing design is a few stages away from bolting on (OE bolt locations)
Its location sits up in the low pressure recessed bit of the under tray that would crash in the rear tire.
Then the flex pipe would head up onto the under belly tray and then directed along lower control arm onto rotor area.

If you could design a 3D shape that fastens to the lower control arm and fins divert air into wheel that could work.

Reactions: 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I did that for the fronts.... the rears 3D printing design is a few stages away from bolting on (OE bolt locations)
Its location sits up in the low pressure recessed bit of the under tray that would crash in the rear tire.
Then the flex pipe would head up onto the under belly tray and then directed along lower control arm onto rotor area.

If you could design a 3D shape that fastens to the lower control arm and fins divert air into wheel that could work.
Front of a Boxster

Attachments

• IMG_20210320_172959977.jpg
    IMG_20210320_172959977.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Stuart: Your car is in humid Florida. Brake fluid will absorb moisture more quickly there. 3 years is too long to leave it in.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Theoretically the system is sealed so shouldn't absorb much other than when the lid is off. If driving hard though it will break down, especially the clutch fluid because there's so little of it.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It's been a couple years since I pulled the cap off my brake fluid reservoir (which means it's time to change mine!), but doesn't the cap have a vent in it?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
It's been a couple years since I pulled the cap off my brake fluid reservoir (which means it's time to change mine!), but doesn't the cap have a vent in it?
I haven't looked in a while either but there's usually a diaphragm under the lid that flexes with fluid movement

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I'll do a bleed on the brakes and add a little fresh stuff for sure.
The clutch seems fine and not getting the abuse like the fluid in the callipers is getting......... but could squirt a bit out
Saying that Jason Heffner replace the changed out 3:90 trans pretty recently so clutch fluid should be still good (not sure what he put in there)