Average Prices for Gt's goin up!!

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Not that anyone here bought theres as an investment, but just for the pure pleasure of ownership, but it seems that prices are on the rise...In the Autotrader .com the asking prices may shock you! they did me. The average price is now up to $168,000 for 05 and 06 mixed. lots of them in the $200k range as supplys dwindle. I called on a few that had there 06 new at sticker and the sales manager said "well were asking 20k over that" Ebay ads all but "gone in the wind"

06gt1858

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Very interesting:thumbsup

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Cars.com has a 2005 Ford GT(red w/ white stripes) in Virginia, Va Beach for $175,000 and only 33 miles.

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...ional&paId=218300626&recnum=0&leadExists=true

Heres the listing for every Ford GT on cars.com BTW highest priced is Blue at $225k and 1800 miles.

http://cars.com/go/search/search_re...-descending|Z-23513&aff=national&aff=national

Last edited:

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Cars.com has a 2005 Ford GT(red w/ white stripes) in Virginia, Va Beach for $175,000 and only 33 miles.

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...ional&paId=218300626&recnum=0&leadExists=true

Heres the listing for every Ford GT on cars.com BTW highest priced is Blue at $225k and 1800 miles.

http://cars.com/go/search/search_re...-descending|Z-23513&aff=national&aff=national
average price on those is even higher!!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Well, they can ask whatever they want. It is what they get that matters. I'm sure the deals will close closer to original sticker, which is great since prices came down for a while.

Aug 25, 2006
I dare say that most of us did not consider the secondary value when the initial decision to purchase was made; at least I did not and still today do not care.

A broker that I have done business with called me a month ago (knowing that I move in and out of gals regularly) to see if I was ready to sell her. He said that he had a buyer looking for a black gal. I shared that I would not let her go for less than (as I recall) $180K maybe it was $185K. In any case I shared that this was because all I would be swapping dollars because in the end I would simply turn around and purchasing another. As it turns out he was able to locate a new black one for MSRP and said he had to look hard to find that one.

I have had many cars and bikes and most have an emotional term that peaks sometime after they arrive however with the GT I remain as passionate about her today as the first time I saw a picture of one. In fact this is as close as I had been to one until she arrived after being purchased new several states away; never had I seen one up close and personal. Now I like all cars and bikes, the Ferrari’s, the Lamborghini’s, the Porsche, the Aston’s, etc, I could easily be “Barry Meguar’s” posted guy however none have kept my interest as the GT does; for those that are fortunate to have at least one in their stable not much more needs to be said however for those either considering purchasing one or even worse haven’t stopped long enough to consider one I say hurry up as this ship is soon to sail.

These gals will never become simply another used sports car. They did not begin life as simply another; but rather as the “1” and even company’s such as Ferrari and Lamborghini are very aware of this fact.

So back to the topic of this thread; there is no doubt that American Muscle is huge and then add to this the fact that these gals are as solicited; a fricken race car with a license plate through and through. Will they ever grow old and out of flavor with the true enthusiast; “NOT A CHANCE IN HECK”

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
"Not that anyone here bought theres as an investment, but just for the pure pleasure of ownership, but it seems that prices are on the rise..."

You're absolutely right, however I must say that there's always a warm, rather smug glow that descends on us when we know that we've made a wise purchase! "Yes, dear, but what you fail to understand, is that MY toys are actually going up in value - they're an INVESTMENT..." At least that's my argument!

The opposite has been true of many cars I've owned, but I tend to keep quiet about that hollow, cold feeling!! :ack

I'm looking at my Bentley GTC in the garage knowing I could make $20k if I flipped it and also certain in the knowledge that once they hit the streets in their thousands they'll sink like a brick. I'm going to keep it....

The pleasure of car ownership! :biggrin

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I couldn't agree more with you shadowman!! Its the ONE !!!!
I think the group of GT owners on this forum have found the one and only.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I will say it again. 100% of us would buy a second if we could, and even if we cant.

Tonycan

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
Just an observation: the last two issues of Auto Week had only 2-3 GTs for sale--all at dealers. I can remember a few months ago when AW regularly had quite a few up for grabs. I think shrinking availability shows that once you get your hands on a GT, it's hard to let go.:wink

furlong

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2007
pennsylvania
the right blend

The GT has the right formula that feels just right, it is a rear engine car with torque. Most of the imports that are rear engine are alot of fun when you're up in the powerband, but they lack that great feeling of torque when starting out. Rear engine cars are my favorite because of the clear view in front of you and neutral handling with the ability to steer the rear by adding power.
The Pantera was the only rear engine car that had torque that I could find, but they have their own problems. Front engine cars like the Vette and Viper make me feel like I am pushing around a long front, like steering a boat from the back.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Bony Report

Bony, I know you do market analysis for classic car pubs. How about an update if you are willing to do so. Just wondering if anything has changed since your last report. Thanks :thumbsup

cfra7

Feb 13, 2006
Rocklin, CA
Asking prices may be going up but sales prices seem to be in line with a depreciation rate of at least $2,000 for every 1K miles put on the cars. I’ve been tracking all completed Ebay sales for the last 2 months for 2005 cars with over 500 miles. All but one has shown depreciation in line with mileage. Please note that mileage is rounded to closest 1K miles.

And the answer to the most valuable 2005 color so far? White!

In short, keep it below 500 miles and you can get over MSRP. Drive it and it depreciates (what a surprise). Please note that individual sales will show greater or less depreciation; but if someone was in the market, deducting $2,000 for every 1K in mileage would be a good ball park figure.

Color Sold Date MSRP Sale Price
Red Dec-06 $153,250 $146,000
White Jan-07 $153,250 $146,000
Silver Jan-07 $153,250 $146,000
White Jan-07 $153,250 $157,000 (well above market)
Red Feb-07 $147,500 $145,000
White Feb-07 $153,250 $147,000

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Asking prices may be going up but sales prices seem to be in line with a depreciation rate of at least $2,000 for every 1K miles put on the cars. I’ve been tracking all completed Ebay sales for the last 2 months for 2005 cars with over 500 miles. All but one has shown depreciation in line with mileage. Please note that mileage is rounded to closest 1K miles.

And the answer to the most valuable 2005 color so far? White!

In short, keep it below 500 miles and you can get over MSRP. Drive it and it depreciates (what a surprise). Please note that individual sales will show greater or less depreciation; but if someone was in the market, deducting $2,000 for every 1K in mileage would be a good ball park figure.

Color Sold Date MSRP Sale Price
Red Dec-06 $153,250 $146,000
White Jan-07 $153,250 $146,000
Silver Jan-07 $153,250 $146,000
White Jan-07 $153,250 $157,000 (well above market)
Red Feb-07 $147,500 $145,000
White Feb-07 $153,250 $147,000

This will probably change when there are no longer new cars to be purchased. Most who can spend 150+ on a car are not going to stop a few thousand short of getting new.

Last edited:

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
FGT prices

I love my FGT it is the best car I own and is better than my 2006 F430, etc.

The guy up a block in our development has three FGT's. One he uses as a daily driver the other two he bought as an investment. He is planning to send the two investment Gt's to Japan. His son is married to a Japanese lady, they live in Toyko. He says they can be sold for $500k in Japan.

I do not know but he seems to be a straight shooter.

I will never sell mine.

Lee :banana

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
We probably all recognize that market prices for a given commodity are a combination of scarcity (supply) and the number of dollars competing for said commodity (demand).

As far as future demand for the GT goes, we can only assume that as time passes, more individuals will come forward, willing to pony up whatever it takes to join the party. Consider, for example, those guys who didn't have the resources to buy the car in 05 or 06 when it was released, but who later acquire said resources, say five years later.

As far as scarcity (aka supply) goes, since it does not appear that Ford will be builidng any more for awhile, WE (the owners) control that, don't we.

As for me, a certain 06 Red Ford GT #1602 will be forever unavailable on the secondary market. In other words, the supply pool has just been reduced by one since mine will never be sold. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way...

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I love my FGT it is the best car I own and is better than my 2006 F430, etc.

The guy up a block in our development has three FGT's. One he uses as a daily driver the other two he bought as an investment. He is planning to send the two investment Gt's to Japan. His son is married to a Japanese lady, they live in Toyko. He says they can be sold for $500k in Japan.

I do not know but he seems to be a straight shooter.

I will never sell mine.

Lee :banana

I don't even know the guy, but I'm going to be charitable and accept $250k for my Heritage GT, 500 miles. That gives your friend $250k in margin - he should be able to ship it for that?

bb

M

Mark O

sales prices seem to be in line with a depreciation rate of at least $2,000 for every 1K miles put on the cars.

At that rate, when the odometer hits 80,000 miles they are worthless. :lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

To an owner, they are always priceless. :thumbsup

cfra7

Feb 13, 2006
Rocklin, CA

Good joke;-) Some people here think that after 80K miles the value will be $300K. Now that's a joke.

I would guess that after 15K, depreciation will slow to $1,000 to 1K miles. So by my estimates, a car with 15,000 miles will sell for around $120K. A car with 30K miles around $105K. A car with 50K miles for under $100K.

So far I've been right with my projections over the last few months and those predicting over MSRP sales for used cars have been wrong. I'll check back in a few months with more data.